Priests told to stop calling bishops 'spineless nerds and sycophantic half-wits’

Started by Hydra009, November 08, 2017, 07:17:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/religion-and-beliefs/priests-told-to-stop-calling-bishops-spineless-nerds-and-sycophantic-half-wits-1.3284408

Also, the altarboys need to move their hips more and most of the Nuns are faking it.

But on a more serious note:

QuoteA major concern of priests was how those of their number who faced abuse allegations were being treated by church authorities.

Fr Tim Hazelwood, who was himself falsely accused, said “there was no consistency in how [ACCUSED]priests are treated.” Guidelines were not being applied correctly and he cited three recent cases as examples.

He also raised concern about funeral rights for priests out of ministry which can mean currently that there is no death notice placed in the papers and no concelebrated funeral Mass, he said.

The report from the ACP regional meetings stated that in this context, “priests statutory rights are being denied”, he said. It was also “unjust that a priest is asked to stand down on the basis of an anonymous accusation.”

A presentation was made on behalf of the ACP to solicitor Robert Dore for his “untold” work on behalf of priests, and on a pro bono basis.

Making the presentation, Fr Tony Flannery, said that “without Robert we would never have been able to establish there was such a thing as a false allegation.”

Mr Gore received a standing ovation from all the priests present.
Snitches be lyin'.

Innocent until proven guilty or innocent if proven holy?   :angelsmall:

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Religious leaders abusing children is nearly routine.  Denying normal sexuality drives some clergy to abnormal actions.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 11, 2017, 12:27:09 AM
Religious leaders abusing children is nearly routine.  Denying normal sexuality drives some clergy to abnormal actions.

Correct.  The Orthodox Churches require lower clergy to marry.  This has never been controversial with rabbis, Protestant ministers or imams.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on November 11, 2017, 02:07:49 AM
Correct.  The Orthodox Churches require lower clergy to marry.  This has never been controversial with rabbis, Protestant ministers or imams.

"Require"?  That seems almost as bad.  Did you mean "allow"? 

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 11, 2017, 05:41:50 AM
"Require"?  That seems almost as bad.  Did you mean "allow"?

No ... required.  Holy discipline, though not as bad as being a monk.  See the Orthodox have monks too, and to be a bishop or higher, you have to be a monk.  No sex for you.  But parish priests shouldn't be tempted.  Not everyone is set to be celibate.  See, in America, you are free to be whatever shit-hole you want to be.  The American Dream.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on November 11, 2017, 10:22:24 AM
No ... requited.  Holy discipline, though not as bad as being a monk.  See the Orthodox have monks too, and to be a bishop or higher, you have to be a monk.  No sex for you.  But parish priests shouldn't be tempted.  Not everyone is set to be celibate.  See, in America, you are free to be whatever shit-hole you want to be.  The American Dream.

The US has always been a problem to religious groups.  They can't get the usual grip on the government.  And long may it stay that way...

They would if they could and that's one reason I maintain the fight.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 11, 2017, 12:17:09 PM
The US has always been a problem to religious groups.  They can't get the usual grip on the government.  And long may it stay that way...

They would if they could and that's one reason I maintain the fight.

Agreed.  Tyrants hate anarchy, are attracted to controlling it, like moths to flame.

BTW .. being a mystic may involve an internal theocracy, rather than an external one.  I prefer self discipline over external discipline.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on November 11, 2017, 12:48:58 PM
Agreed.  Tyrants hate anarchy, are attracted to controlling it, like moths to flame.

BTW .. being a mystic may involve an internal theocracy, rather than an external one.  I prefer self discipline over external discipline.

Well, you sure went off-normal (for you) yesterday.  I'm serious when I ask "are you OK?". 

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 11, 2017, 12:54:37 PM
Well, you sure went off-normal (for you) yesterday.  I'm serious when I ask "are you OK?".

Sorry, it is hard to define "normal" for me.  I like it that way.  If I fit in anyone's stereotype ... then they are having their leg pulled ... either because I am pulling it, or because they are projecting.  Vehemence comes and goes, as the world burns.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on November 11, 2017, 12:57:31 PM
Sorry, it is hard to define "normal" for me.  I like it that way.  If I fit in anyone's stereotype ... then they are having their leg pulled ... either because I am pulling it, or because they are projecting.  Vehemence comes and goes, as the world burns.

Well, I can tell you are hiding something, but that's your business.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin