News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

C.A.T.

Started by Mr.Obvious, November 07, 2017, 04:42:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Obvious

The Caffeine Appreciation Thread

You know, my big brother never wanted me to start drinking coffee. He always said I was hyper enough as it was. This, of course, made me want to drink coffee. It wasn't for the smell, nor the taste, but because it pissed him off. Of course, when the senior years in high school rolled by, I saw its value in staying up, both for parties as well as for studying. I consumed cafeine by the gallons, both through energydrinks which replaced sodas and through coffee. Whenever I was at home, I drank it dark and bitter. But for the first year, whenever I was out, I drank cappucino's. It took me a year to admit I didn't like those. I just liked them because they made me feel more fancy than just drinking a straight up cup of coffee.
It may be an addiction, but I feel honest in saying that coffee got me through college and university both. It added three hours of studytime to my day, easy. These were days that I consumed a full pot and a half on my own. I don't do that anymore, though I still am one of the heavy-coffee drinkers at work.
And don't misunderstand me. This isn't humble-bragging: I'm just a huge fan of a nice, black and bitter cup of coffee.

And I prefer mine bitter, strong and black. Coffee should have a kick to it. Sugar, milk or any kind of sweetener is just taking away from the raw power of the processed bean. The perfect cup of coffee slaps you in the face and knocks the crust right out of your eyes whilst shouting: 'Get a move on you lazy bum! And if you think I'm being unfair, just wait what the rest of the goddamned day has in store for you. I'm not here to sugarcoat it, I'm here to get you ready for a day filled with crap, kid: so get to it!"

So how do you take yours?

PS. While I love coffee, for some reason; I can't abide tiramisu. I don't get it myself.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Munch

heres a better logo.

or this.

For me, I have a massive sweet tooth for just about anything, I can never take coffee without something to sweeten it, so starbucks and costas my go to places for a drink.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Mike Cl

Hot and black--by the mug(s) full in the morning.  Then a mug in the early afternoon--right after I awaken from my nap.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Luther Martini

Strong and black ... 2-3 cups while I check email, read the news, and eat my morning porridge and fruit .  That wakes me up and gives me the energy to get to the gym to begin my day.

Baruch

Prefer Greek/Turkish.  Or Indian Chai.  But I don't get that often.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

trdsf

My coffee depends.  If I'm at One Line or Stauf's enjoying a particular estate or varietal, especially the first time I've tried it, straight black.  I want to enjoy the bean for its own sake.

Otherwise -- and especially if I'm having food with it -- snow white and seven cubes.  It's the only way to drink office coffee.

If the only option is Starbucks, then I have water.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Draconic Aiur

Coffee sucks. i drink straight up mountain dew.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on November 08, 2017, 12:24:14 PM
Coffee sucks. i drink straight up mountain dew.

Never had it. Does it have caffeine?

https://youtu.be/MrW6JpeRc8Q

SGOS

On the recommendation of my dental hygienist, I've down to about one carbonated beverage a week.  So now I drink iced coffee.  I am drinking one as I speak.  I make 12 cups of hot coffee each morning, but most goes in the fridge for later in the day.  I put milk and sugar in it, so I'm not sure I'm helping my teeth that much.

Baruch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on November 08, 2017, 03:30:25 PM
Never had it. Does it have caffeine?

https://youtu.be/MrW6JpeRc8Q

Not as much as Jolt, but Jolt tastes like cough syrup ... even if hackers supposedly prefer it for all night hacks.  Mountain Dew Throwback is best ... has real sugar, tastes just like it did in 1973.  Most soda pop in the US now is diet ... no real sugar, maybe corn syrup, artificial flavors not natural ones.  Crap.  I refuse to drink it.  If a soda pop can't grow hair on my chest or rot my teeth, it isn't worth drinking.  This is the fault of Mayor Blasio (who got re-elected) and his soda pop police ... and the SJW police.  This is one good reason I hate them.  Drown them all in a vat of real Dr Pepper, not what is being sold now.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Baruch on November 08, 2017, 07:37:51 PM
Not as much as Jolt, but Jolt tastes like cough syrup ... even if hackers supposedly prefer it for all night hacks.  Mountain Dew Throwback is best ... has real sugar, tastes just like it did in 1973.  Most soda pop in the US now is diet ... no real sugar, maybe corn syrup, artificial flavors not natural ones.  Crap.  I refuse to drink it.  If a soda pop can't grow hair on my chest or rot my teeth, it isn't worth drinking.  This is the fault of Mayor Blasio (who got re-elected) and his soda pop police ... and the SJW police.  This is one good reason I hate them.  Drown them all in a vat of real Dr Pepper, not what is being sold now.

You know, i've stopped drinking soda and lemonade and such for almost eight months now, I think. I Hardly ever Miss it, my teeth look better and i've lost two notchez in my belt. I hope never to touch the stuff again.

Shiranu

Captain buzzkill checking in: I'm allergic to caffeine :(.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Shiranu on November 09, 2017, 02:25:33 AM
Captain buzzkill checking in: I'm allergic to caffeine :(.

Keep that under wraps, before you know it your enemies will be adding red bull to your beer when you're not looking.

Baruch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on November 09, 2017, 02:05:26 AM
You know, i've stopped drinking soda and lemonade and such for almost eight months now, I think. I Hardly ever Miss it, my teeth look better and i've lost two notchez in my belt. I hope never to touch the stuff again.

Why continue living?  Join the Nihilist Party!  Free kool-aid for everyone ;-)  For summer months, I like cold green tea.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: Baruch on November 09, 2017, 05:37:05 AM
Why continue living?
Fortunately, there are other things worth living for besides carbonated drinks, and getting off them was a total non-event without feeling any deprivation.  They are totally useless.  Zero food value, not even any sugar.  And a two liter bottle can cost over $2 for what is essentially water and carbon dioxide.