News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

C.A.T.

Started by Mr.Obvious, November 07, 2017, 04:42:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on November 09, 2017, 07:21:06 AM
Fortunately, there are other things worth living for besides carbonated drinks, and getting off them was a total non-event without feeling any deprivation.  They are totally useless.  Zero food value, not even any sugar.  And a two liter bottle can cost over $2 for what is essentially water and carbon dioxide.

Originally seltzer water was for making cocktails ... for gentlemen.  Don't know about sugar in those drinks, but definitely alcohol.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Sal1981

What a coincidence! I'm drinking coffee right now.

SGOS

Quote from: Sal1981 on November 10, 2017, 07:38:28 AM
What a coincidence! I'm drinking coffee right now.
At 7:38 AM?  Who would have thought?

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on November 10, 2017, 08:24:52 AM
At 7:38 AM?  Who would have thought?

Same here.  Going for breakfast, with coffee.  And Judeo-Arabic philosophy.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

For me, breakfast IS coffee!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on November 10, 2017, 09:42:51 AM

But de-caffeinated is a blasphemy!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hijiri Byakuren

I get my caffeine from black tea. A.k.a the only tea. All else is lawn clippings.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Shiranu

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on November 10, 2017, 11:56:03 AM
I get my caffeine from black tea. A.k.a the only tea. All else is lawn clippings.

All Teas Matter.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hijiri Byakuren

Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Mike Cl

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Unbeliever

Quote from: Mike Cl on November 10, 2017, 09:42:51 AM
Yeah, me too. I don't eat anything until around noon or so, usually. Too full of coffee to get hungry!
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Mike Cl

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 10, 2017, 03:05:03 PM
Yeah, me too. I don't eat anything until around noon or so, usually. Too full of coffee to get hungry!
Carbon copy that!

Cavebear

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on November 07, 2017, 04:42:07 PM
The Caffeine Appreciation Thread

You know, my big brother never wanted me to start drinking coffee. He always said I was hyper enough as it was. This, of course, made me want to drink coffee. It wasn't for the smell, nor the taste, but because it pissed him off. Of course, when the senior years in high school rolled by, I saw its value in staying up, both for parties as well as for studying. I consumed cafeine by the gallons, both through energydrinks which replaced sodas and through coffee. Whenever I was at home, I drank it dark and bitter. But for the first year, whenever I was out, I drank cappucino's. It took me a year to admit I didn't like those. I just liked them because they made me feel more fancy than just drinking a straight up cup of coffee.
It may be an addiction, but I feel honest in saying that coffee got me through college and university both. It added three hours of studytime to my day, easy. These were days that I consumed a full pot and a half on my own. I don't do that anymore, though I still am one of the heavy-coffee drinkers at work.
And don't misunderstand me. This isn't humble-bragging: I'm just a huge fan of a nice, black and bitter cup of coffee.

And I prefer mine bitter, strong and black. Coffee should have a kick to it. Sugar, milk or any kind of sweetener is just taking away from the raw power of the processed bean. The perfect cup of coffee slaps you in the face and knocks the crust right out of your eyes whilst shouting: 'Get a move on you lazy bum! And if you think I'm being unfair, just wait what the rest of the goddamned day has in store for you. I'm not here to sugarcoat it, I'm here to get you ready for a day filled with crap, kid: so get to it!"

So how do you take yours?

PS. While I love coffee, for some reason; I can't abide tiramisu. I don't get it myself.

I take my morning caffeine as green tea.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!