Poll: Trump Has Accoplished Little or Nothing

Started by SGOS, November 06, 2017, 09:14:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

But not according to Trump himself.  Actually, he is impressed with himself:
Trump has ceaselessly touted his administration as being historically effective, claiming last month he had accomplished more than “ any president in history” in the first nine months.
But Americans aren't as impressed.  They aren't buying it:
QuoteMore than two-thirds of Americans believe the improbable president has accomplished “little” or “nothing” in office so far, while he holds the lowest net approval rating of any president in seven decades of polling.

In the poll of 1,005 adults, 65 percent said they saw few accomplishments coming out of the Trump White House so far, even as Trump has repeatedly claimed he is already one of the most productive presidents in history. That number is up from 56 percent who said he had accomplished little after his first 100 days.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/most-americans-think-trump-accomplished-171556277.html

Shiranu

I wish he had achieved nothing, but that's unfortunately not the case. Everything he has managed to achieve has almost universally set us back both domestically and certainly internationally.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

trdsf

Quote from: SGOS on November 06, 2017, 09:14:36 AM
But not according to Trump himself.  Actually, he is impressed with himself
I think it's pretty clear by now that Asshole's grasp on and relation to reality is idiosyncratic at best.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Mike Cl

As far as I can tell, Trump has not one positive political appointment--has not one positive political (or in any other area) accomplishment; there is not one positive thing I can say about the creature.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

trdsf

Quote from: Mike Cl on November 06, 2017, 09:45:56 AM
As far as I can tell, Trump has not one positive political appointment--has not one positive political (or in any other area) accomplishment; there is not one positive thing I can say about the creature.
I can actually say one good thing about him: his presence keeps the christofascist Pence out of the Oval Office, because a) Pence is perfectly willing to legislate his religion and b) Pence is an experienced politician who can accomplish getting his religion legislated.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

SGOS

Quote from: Shiranu on November 06, 2017, 09:40:36 AM
I wish he had achieved nothing, but that's unfortunately not the case. Everything he has managed to achieve has almost universally set us back both domestically and certainly internationally.
Perhaps established polls like to use the same questions over the years for the sake of consistency.  Up until now, poll makers may not have felt compelled to ask a question like, "How much damage has President X done to America's well being?"  To introduce a new question at this time would create a new criteria that could not be directly compared to previous polls.

It would also upset many less informed Republicans who would say the poll was leading, since it never asked the same question when Hillary Clinton was president.

Mike Cl

Quote from: trdsf on November 06, 2017, 09:59:20 AM
I can actually say one good thing about him: his presence keeps the christofascist Pence out of the Oval Office, because a) Pence is perfectly willing to legislate his religion and b) Pence is an experienced politician who can accomplish getting his religion legislated.
Hence the downside to a Trump impeachment.  Unless we did a two-fer.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

trdsf

Quote from: Mike Cl on November 06, 2017, 10:28:46 AM
Hence the downside to a Trump impeachment.  Unless we did a two-fer.
Absent something so egregious that even the GOP has to finally sit up and take noticeâ€"and I don't even care to think what kind of an obscenity against civil law that would take for them anymore, so practiced are they at deliberately looking the other way when another Republican is involvedâ€"impeachment won't happen until there are Democratic majorities in both the House and Senate, at which point Pope Mike no longer would have the legislature he would need to enact his agenda.  Without the House and Senate on his side, Pence would be relatively harmless to ride out the remainder of Asshole's term.

Jason78

More than two-thirds of Americans believe the improbable president has accomplished “little” or “nothing” in office so far

I wouldn't quite say nothing.   You don't get a golf handicap like Trumps by sitting around Washington all day.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Mike Cl

Quote from: trdsf on November 06, 2017, 10:34:53 AM
Absent something so egregious that even the GOP has to finally sit up and take noticeâ€"and I don't even care to think what kind of an obscenity against civil law that would take for them anymore, so practiced are they at deliberately looking the other way when another Republican is involvedâ€"impeachment won't happen until there are Democratic majorities in both the House and Senate, at which point Pope Mike no longer would have the legislature he would need to enact his agenda.  Without the House and Senate on his side, Pence would be relatively harmless to ride out the remainder of Asshole's term.
I like your plan.

Hydra009

Quote from: Mike Cl on November 06, 2017, 09:45:56 AM
Yeah.  The appointments are probably the most damaging thing he's done so far.  Almost every one of them has been the absolute last person any sane person would pick for the job and most of them constitute an existential threat to the agencies they're supposed to run.  Even if we purge these swampy slimeballs from office, the damage has already been done and it'll likely take a lot of agencies (especially the EPA) years to recover.  And then we get to go through this again when the next conservative troglodyte takes power.  Yay.

aitm

fake news.....of course it's fake news....every Trumpie will tell you....it's all fake. He will make amurica great again if everyone will just let him...*snif*
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Luther Martini

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 06, 2017, 11:44:21 AM
The appointments are probably the most damaging thing he's done so far.  Almost every one of them has been the absolute last person any sane person would pick for the job and most of them constitute an existential threat to the agencies they're supposed to run.

And the fucking GOP majority in the legislature gave every one of them a free pass despite common sense objections from the minority party (McConnell to Warren: "the senator will take her seat"), so I suppose that one could say that Trump's greatest accomplishment is that he has demonstrated to the world just how fucked up the GOP really is.

Hydra009

Quote from: Luther Martini on November 06, 2017, 01:05:51 PM
And the fucking GOP majority in the legislature gave every one of them a free pass despite common sense objections from the minority party (McConnell to Warren: "the senator will take her seat"), so I suppose that one could say that Trump's greatest accomplishment is that he has demonstrated to the world just how fucked up the GOP really is.
Yes.  Even Republicans who later blasted Trump bent over and took his nominees.  Corker didn't say no even once.  Nor did Flake.  McCain said yes to DeVos, Mnuchin, and Tillerson.  WTF was he smoking?

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/01/31/us/politics/trump-cabinet-confirmation-votes.html

When the next elections happen in NC, I'm going to bear in mind Burr and Tillis' complicity in this disaster.  The North remembers.

Unbeliever

Quote from: SGOS on November 06, 2017, 10:08:54 AM
it never asked the same question when Hillary Clinton was president.
Well, Hillary was the invisible president, I guess...
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman