Sutherland Springs, TX Church Shooting Leaves 27+ Dead

Started by Shiranu, November 05, 2017, 04:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Apparently, the fake news people are wasting no time:

QuoteUsers of Google’s search engine who conduct internet searches for queries such as “who is Devin Patrick Kelley?” â€" or just do a simple search for his name â€" can be exposed to tweets claiming the shooter was a Muslim convert; or a member of Antifa; or a Democrat supporter…
https://techcrunch.com/2017/11/06/google-is-surfacing-texas-shooter-misinformation-in-search-results-thanks-also-to-twitter/

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on November 05, 2017, 06:29:42 PM
Correct, guns don't kill people, the US government does.  Needs to do more killing.
To relieve some population pressure?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

Quote from: SGOS on November 06, 2017, 08:29:51 AM
No big deal.  Happens all the time.  I'm just grateful that someone got to exchange a few rounds with the gunman on his way out of the church.  I'll bet he wasn't expecting that and maybe even crapped his pants for a second. 
I'm waiting for the NRA to talk about how this good guy with a gun saved the day.
God Not Found

Luther Martini

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 06, 2017, 04:02:20 PM
Apparently, the fake news people are wasting no time:
https://techcrunch.com/2017/11/06/google-is-surfacing-texas-shooter-misinformation-in-search-results-thanks-also-to-twitter/

I happened to be surfing the TV channels mid-day yesterday when early reports of the shooting began appearing on the major cable news outlets, and even before there was an accurate casualty count, much less any hint of motive, I heard a couple of the Fox News people framing the report in the context of being "an attack on America's faithful".  I suppose that is exactly what many in the Fox aka Bullshit Mountain News (thank you Jon Stewart) viewing audience would want to hear in order to support the fake notion of there being a "war on religion".

Unbeliever

I won't listen to much news about this most recent shooting for several days, except maybe NPR or the BBC. Too many factions want to use these kinds of tragedies for their own nefarious ends by putting out false reports. In a week or so maybe enough of that will have been filtered out that I can find out what really happened.
God Not Found

Munch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4MEYz67iN0

I know he's not liked much on certain issues here, but here Paul does raise an interesting point about america's gun law and the status of it. There have been more and more mass shootings in the US, or more correctly, more mass shootings documented in the media in the US now more then any time in its history.
This instant media attention is very much a drawing factor to those seeing the media's reaction to every one, and it creates a sense of purpose for those who want to go out, buy a gun and kill a bunch of people.

That deeply messed up narcissistic mentality of self gratification spurned on by the media leads to a constant cycle in the modern day, and where we are in the information age, it will only get worse as a result, with little you can do about it. Killing a bunch of people to claim status for it, there are people in the world who live that like, and they achieve their goals no matter how many times we grieve for the dead.

I predict from this we're see more media outlets looking to blame factors for this shooting, games, movies, the parents, but the irony being its the media itself that creates this status and thus plants the seed for the next have a go mass shooter.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 06, 2017, 04:11:24 PM
To relieve some population pressure?

Seven billion more to go.  That is why US special forces are on the Russian border.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

After every mass shooting, the extreme gun rights advocates declare "it is too soon to talk of restrictions after such a tragedy".  When you ask them "when" they say "give the victims time to get over the tragedy".  After a few weeks, when you ask them to discuss it, they say it is "old news".

Somewhere between those two times, there must be some "magical instant" that is "the right time".  They never will state when that is.  And I can sure never pin them down about it. 

What they want to do is just keep kicking the can down the road.  They have to be stopped, or at least restricted, eventually.  This can't continue. 

The US once condoned slavery and it was strongly defended by a large minority of the US population.  The US once condoned voting only by propertied white males and that was strongly supported by a large minority of the population.  Both ideas were eliminated by great effort and argument.

It is time that the 2nd amendment be reinterpreted.  I fully support hunters using sportsmanlike hunting guns.  But we don't have militias anymore.  We have an army and we have National Guard units.  The citizens outside of those ARE NOT MILITIA!

More than 36,000 Americans were victims of firearm-related deaths in 2015.

States with stricter gun control laws have fewer deaths from gun-related violence (Washington Post newspaper).

Almost all restrictions on gun ownership have majority public support (Pew Research Center).

There comes a time for things to change...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 07, 2017, 01:47:38 AM
After every mass shooting, the extreme gun rights advocates declare "it is too soon to talk of restrictions after such a tragedy".  When you ask them "when" they say "give the victims time to get over the tragedy".  After a few weeks, when you ask them to discuss it, they say it is "old news".

Somewhere between those two times, there must be some "magical instant" that is "the right time".  They never will state when that is.  And I can sure never pin them down about it. 

What they want to do is just keep kicking the can down the road.  They have to be stopped, or at least restricted, eventually.  This can't continue. 

The US once condoned slavery and it was strongly defended by a large minority of the US population.  The US once condoned voting only by propertied white males and that was strongly supported by a large minority of the population.  Both ideas were eliminated by great effort and argument.

It is time that the 2nd amendment be reinterpreted.  I fully support hunters using sportsmanlike hunting guns.  But we don't have militias anymore.  We have an army and we have National Guard units.  The citizens outside of those ARE NOT MILITIA!

More than 36,000 Americans were victims of firearm-related deaths in 2015.

States with stricter gun control laws have fewer deaths from gun-related violence (Washington Post newspaper).

Almost all restrictions on gun ownership have majority public support (Pew Research Center).

There comes a time for things to change...

Yes.  To stop politicizing everything, ban all political parties.  Put the military (in a business suit) in charge, like Gen Sisi in Egypt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ih3evm8XoSI

Gotta play this, while going to class ... Egyptian Arabic from a beautiful Egyptian woman.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on November 07, 2017, 07:06:08 AM
Yes.  To stop politicizing everything, ban all political parties.  Put the military (in a business suit) in charge, like Gen Sisi in Egypt.

Gotta play this, while going to class ... Egyptian Arabic from a beautiful Egyptian woman.

A new record of non-sequitor...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!