News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

DNC Corruption

Started by SGOS, November 04, 2017, 09:39:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

Quote from: Baruch on November 04, 2017, 02:05:33 PM
His name was (not Seth Rich) Gary Johnson ;-)  So you will only vote for a giant party that can do stuff on a massive scale (and is therefore the target of every plutocrat and grifting policy wonk)?  Idealism that.

Gary "What Is Aleppo?" Johnson?

No thanks.

I'm more idealist than not, but that doesn't mean I'll choose a candidate with no chance and less brains just to stick it to the man. And if they won, they would be no different or worse, and I would then be obligated to oppose them because they have become the man.

Until a better option comes along, voting for the lesser of two evils is the most pragmatic option I have. I'm not going to shoot myself in the foot just for the fun of it.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

Quote from: Shiranu on November 04, 2017, 06:33:02 PM

No thanks.
Everyone makes mistakes.  You're on camera for months, no matter how intelligent you are, you're bound to seriously flub a question sooner or later.

Let's give him a softball.  He'll knock it out of the park, just watch.  This one's easy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8m1LGp1AxA

...riiight...  So between him and Jill "harmful wifi" Stein, 2016 wasn't exactly a stellar year for third-party candidates.  Though judging by the favorability ratings, the two major parties didn't do a great job, either.

All the more reason for the process of becoming a presidential candidate to be as fair and transparent as possible.  Without that, we won't win.  And no one wants a second-term Trump.

Hydra009

Sanders weighs in on Twitter

Donald Trump: "The real story on Collusion is in Donna B's new book. Crooked Hillary bought the DNC & then stole the Democratic Primary from Crazy Bernie!"

Bernie Sanders: "We won't be distracted from your efforts to give billionaires tax cuts, take health care from millions and deny climate change. Do your job."

I don't entirely disagree with Sanders on this, these are all very important battles.  But we can't properly fight those battles when our electoral process is fubar.  No one likes dwelling on 2016, but unless we correct our mistakes, our future is going to look an awful lot like our past.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on November 04, 2017, 06:33:02 PM

No thanks.

I'm more idealist than not, but that doesn't mean I'll choose a candidate with no chance and less brains just to stick it to the man. And if they won, they would be no different or worse, and I would then be obligated to oppose them because they have become the man.

Until a better option comes along, voting for the lesser of two evils is the most pragmatic option I have. I'm not going to shoot myself in the foot just for the fun of it.

You will mature in your own time.  Cynicism has to be earned!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Quote from: Baruch on November 05, 2017, 01:10:18 AM
You will mature in your own time.  Cynicism has to be earned!

I tried cynicism for a few years. Didn't take.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on November 05, 2017, 01:12:34 AM
I tried cynicism for a few years. Didn't take.

It grows on you ... but not yet.  Enjoy your youth while you can, and don't worry about the wrinkled asshole you will eventually become ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: Baruch on November 05, 2017, 01:14:12 AM
It grows on you ... but not yet.  Enjoy your youth while you can, and don't worry about the wrinkled asshole you will eventually become ;-)
We seldom agree, but I am in complete agreement on cynicism here.. I've never been so cynical about anything as much as politics in the past few decades.
It seems as if everything we ever learned we thought was good turned out to be more rotten than we could have ever imagined.
It almost feels like every medical advance was to keep us living longer when we should have all died at much younger ages like nature intended. Hows that for cynicism?
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

SGOS

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on November 05, 2017, 05:03:28 AM
I've never been so cynical about anything as much as politics in the past few decades.  It seems as if everything we ever learned we thought was good turned out to be more rotten than we could have ever imagined.
More rotten than we could have ever imagined!  I've wondered why this is so.  I think it's because the people that fed us the bullshit were well intended but unaware of the truth.  Being young we bought the bullshit because our mentors gained nothing by lying to us, so we assumed it was true.  But while they were not lying, they were not telling the truth.  They were only telling us what they believed, and I know now that much of what I have been told, especially as a child, was simply false.  Politics is more rotten than I ever could have imagined.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on November 05, 2017, 05:51:53 AM
More rotten than we could have ever imagined!  I've wondered why this is so.  I think it's because the people that fed us the bullshit were well intended but unaware of the truth.  Being young we bought the bullshit because our mentors gained nothing by lying to us, so we assumed it was true.  But while they were not lying, they were not telling the truth.  They were only telling us what they believed, and I know now that much of what I have been told, especially as a child, was simply false.  Politics is more rotten than I ever could have imagined.

Like your own colon, politics is.  But it is necessary, even if disgusting.  Politics is applied kakocracy ... because political science is applied proctology ;-)  That is why they tell the citizens ... bend over and cough!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Shiranu on November 04, 2017, 01:55:10 PM
While I would love to see the death of the two party system, I think things like this will neither bring the big two down, nor is America ready for something more logical like runoff elections and multiple parties.

To call America's third party options an absolute joke would be an understatement. They generally make the Tea Party branch of the Republican party look rational.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJVROcKFnBQ
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

That was so much like one year ago, the talking heads were right again, except for who won the election ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Trump/Clinton was the only election I ever made an all-nighter out of.  My site had an analog meter looking read out thing, much like Pythons Silly Party/Sensible Party meter.  As the exit poll results started coming in, the needle pointed solidly to Clinton.  As the actual vote count started to come in, Trump leaped ahead, but the needle indicated Clinton even more.  This was explained by the fact that the first states had few electoral votes and weren't indicative of the final outcome.  As the bigger states started coming in, the two jockeyed back and forth, but the needle was hard on Clinton, like it had broken a spring and flopped all the way over.

The actual votes were fairly even, but the needle was stuck.  I started wondering what actually drove the meter.  Was it votes, some guy guessing, weeks of previous poll results?  The needle always said Clinton, no matter what was actually happening to the counts.  A half hour before all the results were in, the needle suddenly went to the center, although the vote count was still even.  What was driving the damn needle?  Then somewhere nearing the returns from Florida, the meter went to Trump, and stayed there as the commentators went from happily reporting into a trancelike daze.

The whole night made no sense.  It was weird.  Clearly, I have not yet mastered the art of counting.  I'm fairly good at addition and subtraction, but how to count seems to remain beyond my comprehension.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on November 05, 2017, 09:46:09 AM
Trump/Clinton was the only election I ever made an all-nighter out of.  My site had an analog meter looking read out thing, much like Pythons Silly Party/Sensible Party meter.  As the exit poll results started coming in, the needle pointed solidly to Clinton.  As the actual vote count started to come in, Trump leaped ahead, but the needle indicated Clinton even more.  This was explained by the fact that the first states had few electoral votes and weren't indicative of the final outcome.  As the bigger states started coming in, the two jockeyed back and forth, but the needle was hard on Clinton, like it had broken a spring and flopped all the way over.

The actual votes were fairly even, but the needle was stuck.  I started wondering what actually drove the meter.  Was it votes, some guy guessing, weeks of previous poll results?  The needle always said Clinton, no matter what was actually happening to the counts.  A half hour before all the results were in, the needle suddenly went to the center, although the vote count was still even.  What was driving the damn needle?  Then somewhere nearing the returns from Florida, the meter went to Trump, and stayed there as the commentators went from happily reporting into a trancelike daze.

The whole night made no sense.  It was weird.  Clearly, I have not yet mastered the art of counting.  I'm fairly good at addition and subtraction, but how to count seems to remain beyond my comprehension.

Cointelpro and false flag events.  You are in the CIA matrix.  The spooks were just messing with you, and millions of other debt/wage slaves.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: Baruch on November 05, 2017, 10:09:39 AM
Cointelpro and false flag events.  You are in the CIA matrix.  The spooks were just messing with you, and millions of other debt/wage slaves.
After I posted, I pondered about the screwy meter, and then I remembered that the meter was openly described as a prediction meter, not a vote counter.  I have no idea what the components of the predictors were, probably a combination of previous polls and the opinions of talking heads.  It did eventually get it right, but not until the votes were actually counted.  It was more like a stupid gimmick than an actual tool.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on November 05, 2017, 10:46:28 AM
After I posted, I pondered about the screwy meter, and then I remembered that the meter was openly described as a prediction meter, not a vote counter.  I have no idea what the components of the predictors were, probably a combination of previous polls and the opinions of talking heads.  It did eventually get it right, but not until the votes were actually counted.  It was more like a stupid gimmick than an actual tool.

Maybe.  Or was it simply summarizing the output of Ada, the computer program the DNC was using to manage Hillary's victory?  Software is completely reliable, just ask Westworld.

Is Trump the Yeltsin of the US, will tanks take on Congress like they did in Moscow?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6P7IckXkaY
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.