News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

DNC Corruption

Started by SGOS, November 04, 2017, 09:39:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

This story may not be as important as White House collusion with Russia, and it may only be unethical, rather than illegal, but it seems like something that needs to be fixed, and without a lot of debate.  I'm wondering if others here view this as more than just a scandal that will pass.  I feel like I'm watching the Democratic Party come to an end.

Just for something to refer to:
https://www.salon.com/2017/11/04/donna-brazile-dishes-dirt-on-dems-clinton-where-does-the-party-go-now/

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on November 04, 2017, 09:39:54 AM
This story may not be as important as White House collusion with Russia, and it may only be unethical, rather than illegal, but it seems like something that needs to be fixed, and without a lot of debate.  I'm wondering if others here view this as more than just a scandal that will pass.  I feel like I'm watching the Democratic Party come to an end.

Just for something to refer to:
https://www.salon.com/2017/11/04/donna-brazile-dishes-dirt-on-dems-clinton-where-does-the-party-go-now/

Both major parties needed to die, about 100 years ago.  They are foul smelling zombies that are over-ripe.

Oh and ... Trump is the Anti-Christ!  He just appointed a Carlyle Group stooge to be the next chair of the Fed.  All your kopecks belong to us now!

On a realistic note, I do follow scandal in the party I used to belong to.  Right now it is irredeemable ... but that has been true since 1861.  It will go on stinking up the place for centuries to come, like rotting mummies in Egypt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJxgxVH0Fsk

Bad movies don't die, they go to DVD ... bad parties the same thing ...

Feminist Mummy ... aka Pharaoh Hillary.

PS - Salon is a DNC/CIA cointelpro.

Read actual comments by actual high level Democrats on the future of their party, and not from Hillarybots trying to cover their dumb asses.  They say some interesting things.  Tulsi Gabbard, Elizabeth Warren, Keith Ellison, Bernie Sanders ... they are all being, and have been, cock blocked by the Clinton Crime Syndicate.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: Baruch on November 04, 2017, 10:08:36 AM
Both major parties needed to die, about 100 years ago.  They are foul smelling zombies that are over-ripe.
Foul smelling yes, but each party does need some organizational bodies.  Maybe this isn't possible without corruption and we need to move toward an anarchy of people just throwing their hats into the ring of contenders.

I actually agree with some things you say, but you seldom provide alternative solutions for broken democracy.  You tend to gravitate towards throwing it out.  I find this odd since monarchy and dictatorships have such a poor track record.  I'd prefer a solution that doesn't stamp out democracy, because I believe people should have a say in how they are governed.  In the past, you have posted comments suggesting you oppose self governance, but I can never really tell if you actually believe the things you say.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on November 04, 2017, 10:49:42 AM
Foul smelling yes, but each party does need some organizational bodies.  Maybe this isn't possible without corruption and we need to move toward an anarchy of people just throwing their hats into the ring of contenders.

I actually agree with some things you say, but you seldom provide alternative solutions for broken democracy.  You tend to gravitate towards throwing it out.  I find this odd since monarchy and dictatorships have such a poor track record.  I'd prefer a solution that doesn't stamp out democracy, because I believe people should have a say in how they are governed.  In the past, you have posted comments suggesting you oppose self governance, but I can never really tell if you actually believe the things you say.

End democracy? ... we are a republic, not a democracy.  Like Rome, not like Athens.  As a Roman republic, we need to keep our daggers sharp.  Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.  I don't prescribe, I describe.  What you feel dying, isn't the Democrat Party ... it is your own political naivety.  I have undergone the same transformation.  Hulk mad!  Hulk smash!  Puny "political" god!

Yes, in politics, I can be very rhetorical, I see no other way to express myself except hyperbolically.  Giving milk-toast solutions to society-ending events ... is not worth my time.  I have to agree with Hillary on one thing ... "What difference at this point does it make?"

Yeats had words for this time ...

Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity.

Surely some revelation is at hand;
    Surely the Second Coming is at hand.
    The Second Coming! Hardly are those words out
    When a vast image out of Spiritus Mundi
    Troubles my sight: a waste of desert sand;
    A shape with lion body and the head of a man,
    A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,
    Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it
    Wind shadows of the indignant desert birds.

The darkness drops again but now I know
    That twenty centuries of stony sleep
    Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
    And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
    Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

Self governance isn't done thru parties and elections.  It is done by getting out of bed, using the potty, brushing out your hair, getting your clothes on, getting your wallet and other things, going outside and getting some breakfast and coffee.  It isn't about policy wonks.  Humanity is what it is, I don't think it can be improved.  You can accept that or go on building castles in the air.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Hydra009

Quote from: SGOS on November 04, 2017, 09:39:54 AMThis story may not be as important as White House collusion with Russia, and it may only be unethical, rather than illegal, but it seems like something that needs to be fixed, and without a lot of debate.  I'm wondering if others here view this as more than just a scandal that will pass.  I feel like I'm watching the Democratic Party come to an end.
I was going to make a thread about this myself, but I worried that it'd be viewed as a Bernie supporter trying to rehash primary grievances rather than a Democrat seriously worried about the behavior and future trajectory of the Democratic party.

If true, these allegations paint a picture of a major political party whose elections are a sham because the nominee was chosen long before voting has actually begun due in no small part to payment of substantial sums of money.  It doesn't take a genius to figure out the corrosive effect this sort of legal corruption may have on liberal policies in the long run.

Americans who advocate for democracy, and not just Bernie supporters, should be very concerned by this.  It's not something to be brushed away simply because it worked in favor of one's preferred candidate this time.

Apparently the DNC has a reputation among the public as an "undemocratic organization that doesn’t appear to truly stand for anything."  Are they wrong?  Then let's act like it.

Hydra009

Also, I'd like to point out that Donna Brazile fed questions to the Clinton campaign prior to a primary debate, which is clearly unethical and a blatant attempt to bias the results of a supposedly impartial primary debate.

While this doesn't automatically invalidate her assertions, it doesn't engender much admiration for her, either.  So don't expect me to sing her praises.

SGOS

Yes, Hillary may have won the nomination without this.  But that is not the point.  It's ugly behavior.  It's good that some respected Democratic leaders are acknowledging this so quickly and not sweeping it under the carpet.

SGOS

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 04, 2017, 11:56:40 AM
Also, I'd like to point out that Donna Brazile fed questions to the Clinton campaign prior to a primary debate, which is clearly unethical and a blatant attempt to bias the results of a supposedly impartial primary debate.

While this doesn't automatically invalidate her assertions, it doesn't engender much admiration for her, either.  So don't expect me to sing her praises.
Apparently, she admits that but minimizes it as a employment survival tactic.  I can understand that, but it's still not acceptable.  Writing it in a tell all book confuses the issue too.  Is she a disgruntled whistle blower or actually trying to help?  Either way, it's good that it's out there so at least someone may want to change things.

Hydra009

Quote from: SGOS on November 04, 2017, 12:10:41 PM
Yes, Hillary may have won the nomination without this.  But that is not the point.  It's ugly behavior.  It's good that some respected Democratic leaders are acknowledging this so quickly and not sweeping it under the carpet.
Elizabeth Warren foremost among them.  Treating this sort of thing seriously is why they're respected in the first place.

Others, not so much:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=YHWaIlpc8Cc

SGOS

Perez needs to be shown the door, but that's just a start.  There were a lot of people involved in this.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on November 04, 2017, 11:24:42 AM
God, I'd hate to be you.

Irony much?  Haven't voted Republican since 86, haven't voted Democrat since 96.  Both parties left me ... for it is much more lucrative to cock-suck billionaires.  The plutocracy isn't ideological, it is only for itself.  Ancien Regime.  I can hear the guillotines getting ready.  But the billionaires would be nothing, without billions of idiots enabling them.  Sometimes the people wise up, and sacrifice the corrupt leaders ... while carefully avoiding blame themselves.  See Vichy France, not just Nazi Germany.  The corrupt commons trundles on.

It is absolutely necessary for you to be you and me to be me.  We are separate individuals .. more or less.  Otherwise solipsism is real and so is multiple personality disorder ;-)  I don't want to be anyone else, on principle.  Not only known unknowns, but unknown unknowns in being someone else.  The best actor to play my part?  Myself of course ;-))

Back from breakfast and studying 11th century Hispanic Arab-Jewish theology over a spicy breakfast burrito and two cups of coffee.  Now a little posting, then shopping and lunch.  The Andalusian Dream, bitches!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHwuamoFC-U
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 04, 2017, 11:56:40 AM

Simple CYA.  She is deeply implicated, more than Tulsi, but then even Tulsi isn't completely clean, nor is Elizabeth.  I would like Ellison in my district, would vote for him, because of his being a Muslim.  Make assholes' heads spin.  I voted for Obama for that reason, twice, because I wanted t make asshole's heads spin.  He was a disappointment, but he wasn't working for me either.  The Obamas are Clinton wannabes ... but without all the sex scandal.  I would want anti-candidates in every jurisdiction, just to make the status quo spin until their heads drop off!

The Samson Option ... pull down the pagan temple on the heads of the American Philistines (not Palestinians).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

While I would love to see the death of the two party system, I think things like this will neither bring the big two down, nor is America ready for something more logical like runoff elections and multiple parties.

To call America's third party options an absolute joke would be an understatement. They generally make the Tea Party branch of the Republican party look rational.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on November 04, 2017, 01:55:10 PM
While I would love to see the death of the two party system, I think things like this will neither bring the big two down, nor is America ready for something more logical like runoff elections and multiple parties.

To call America's third party options an absolute joke would be an understatement. They generally make the Tea Party branch of the Republican party look rational.

His name was (not Seth Rich) Gary Johnson ;-)  So you will only vote for a giant party that can do stuff on a massive scale (and is therefore the target of every plutocrat and grifting policy wonk)?  Idealism that.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.