News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Genesis vs Evoluion

Started by GBTG, November 02, 2017, 01:46:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 07, 2017, 01:30:47 PM
A picky point perhaps, but the human survivors of The Planet Of the Apes did not exactly "turn" mute.  That would suggest intent.  The ones who survived were the least vocal ones, harder for the apes to find.  Natural Selection suggests this trait would have been reinforced through generations.

Definitely progress, the future had not cell phones or email.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

fencerider

Quote from: Baruch on November 05, 2017, 01:58:50 PM
G-d is an asshole, so what is mysterious about that?  People say "G-d works in mysterious ways" because they don't want to admit G-d is an asshole.

Quote from: aitm on November 05, 2017, 03:37:37 PM
How obvious yet so overlooked. But v/v the babble acknowledges it, "let us make man in our image".
That explains why they call him hole-ee
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on November 07, 2017, 01:30:47 PM
A picky point perhaps, but the human survivors of The Planet Of the Apes did not exactly "turn" mute.  That would suggest intent.  The ones who survived were the least vocal ones, harder for the apes to find.  Natural Selection suggests this trait would have been reinforced through generations.
Wild animals vocalize.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on November 08, 2017, 08:07:37 PM
Wild animals vocalize.

I thought about that.  The planet didn't seem to have any other animals on it.  Well, the apes seemed vegetarian and the humans were hiding from them.  And the humans were mostly pests who ate crops. 

Large herd animals today vocalize to stay together, but some are quiet.  Have you ever heard a possum or raccoon make a lot of noise?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

SGOS

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on November 08, 2017, 08:07:37 PM
Wild animals vocalize.
Some do louder than others; All according to God's plan.

Cavebear

Quote from: SGOS on November 11, 2017, 08:31:37 AM
Some do louder than others; All according to God's plan.

The more you yell, the faster the lions find you.  I am constantly amazed that prey animals make any noise at all. 

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on November 11, 2017, 08:10:01 AM
I thought about that.  The planet didn't seem to have any other animals on it.  Well, the apes seemed vegetarian and the humans were hiding from them.  And the humans were mostly pests who ate crops. 

Large herd animals today vocalize to stay together, but some are quiet.  Have you ever heard a possum or raccoon make a lot of noise?
There are no wild animals running around in the movie, yes. And yes, raccoons make a rattling chatter noise while possums most hiss loudly.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on November 11, 2017, 09:38:35 AM
There are no wild animals running around in the movie, yes. And yes, raccoons make a rattling chatter noise while possums most hiss loudly.

Thank you.  I was never quite sure about that.  Another major fail for bad sci fi movies!  Matches the amazing but illogical brontosaurus stampede in the King Kong remake...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 11, 2017, 08:43:27 AM
The more you yell, the faster the lions find you.  I am constantly amazed that prey animals make any noise at all.

Birds are smart.  The females are dull, quiet and hide.  The males a brightly colored, call, and fly around.  Males are expendable.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

fencerider

The people who make movies live inside big houses. Most never go outside to learn that there are animals out there. In a new movie that doesnt have animals in it they probably didnt think about it. In an older movie like Planet of the Apes animal-actor training wasn’t a big thing yet.
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on November 11, 2017, 11:12:17 AM
Birds are smart.  The females are dull, quiet and hide.  The males a brightly colored, call, and fly around.  Males are expendable.

Exactly.  If you want to reduce the deer population, you don't kill a few stags.  You kill the does.  There is always another stag around, but he can't produce fawns directly. 

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 11, 2017, 11:30:23 AM
Exactly.  If you want to reduce the deer population, you don't kill a few stags.  You kill the does.  There is always another stag around, but he can't produce fawns directly.

Yes, that is an advantage of being male ;-)  Good thing stags aren't born with horns!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on November 11, 2017, 01:02:18 PM
Yes, that is an advantage of being male ;-)  Good thing stags aren't born with horns!

OK, you are back to normal.  Silly Me.  Who would imagine a stag BORN with horns?  Ouch!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 11, 2017, 01:05:30 PM
OK, you are back to normal.  Silly Me.  Who would imagine a stag BORN with horns?  Ouch!

G-d seems pretty hard on females as it is ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Jason78

Why is this thread still continuing when the OP is probably halfway to Vegas right now?
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato