News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Genesis vs Evoluion

Started by GBTG, November 02, 2017, 01:46:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackleaf

Quote from: GBTG on November 02, 2017, 07:55:43 PMWhat if the first book in the Bible Genesis, was or has been read incorrectly for many years. The catholic church and many biblical scholars had egg on their face due to Copernicus for the very same reason. What if the first book of Genesis in the Bible literally described in order these events?

1. Space (the vacuum of the universe)
2. Pre-Atomic particles (strings)
3. Polarities (+/-)
4. Nuclear fusion (light)
5. Gravity/Atmosphere
6. Seas (water for life[which predates our sun])
7. Land (planetesimals to form planets, water for life)
8. Genetics and plant life (inference for bacteria and simpler genetic structures)
9. The Sun, Moon, and all the stars (time).
10. Dinosaurs
11. Birds
12. Mammals (including both sexes of humans)
13. The three geological specification events

Day 0: In the beginning, there was nothing but God and an infinite expanse of water.

Day 1: God created earth, light, and darkness. Through some convenient reinterpretation, some have claimed this to describe the Big Bang.

Day 2: God created a vault in the sky to separate the water on earth from the water in the sky. Literally, that's what it says. God pulled some water up and kept it up there with a sky vault, which opens up occasionally to make rain.

Day 3: God created vegetation.

Day 4: God put ALL of the stars of the universe on the sky vault. Then God created the sun and moon. Notice this was after the creation of vegetation. How did they survive without a sun for photosynthesis?

Day 5: God created sea life. The sea is where life began, yet the first Biblical account of creation says that the plants came first. He also created flying animals on this day. So rather than going from sea to land, then finally the sky, life evolved fish and birds simultaneously.

Day 6: God creates all of the animals that live on land.

Day 7: God's day off.

Through what twisted interpretations do you see this as an accurate chronological account of the development of the universe?
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on November 05, 2017, 01:58:50 PM
G-d is an asshole, so what is mysterious about that?  People say "G-d works in mysterious ways" because they don't want to admit G-d is an asshole.  But as a projection of human assholes, how could G-d do anything different?
Shouldn't that be G-d is an a-ole???   

Brutus is an asshole, as god is.  Both, you'll notice, are fictions.  And so what, fiction is full of assholes.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on November 05, 2017, 06:18:18 PM
Shouldn't that be G-d is an a-ole???   

Brutus is an asshole, as god is.  Both, you'll notice, are fictions.  And so what, fiction is full of assholes.

Julius Caesar would disagree.  And Julius Caesar ... if he didn't regard himself as a demigod, considered himself descended from a goddess, Venus.  And he was deified after his death by the one true "son of a god" ... Augustus Caesar.  Unless you want to agree with me, that all history is ... of no more than entertainment value.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on November 05, 2017, 03:35:26 PM
But if you tell them that's a crap answer they start making shit up.

How is that different than what they were doing before you responded?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: aitm on November 05, 2017, 03:37:37 PM
How obvious yet so overlooked. But v/v the babble acknowledges it, "let us make man in our image".

How could it be otherwise?  But like GIA posted ... if you want a better god, then imagine one ... but to do that, you have to project a better "you".
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on November 05, 2017, 06:23:29 PM
Julius Caesar would disagree.  And Julius Caesar ... if he didn't regard himself as a demigod, considered himself descended from a goddess, Venus.  And he was deified after his death by the one true "son of a god" ... Augustus Caesar.  Unless you want to agree with me, that all history is ... of no more than entertainment value.
You are overthinking this a bit--the Brutus I was referring to was Popeye's Brutus.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on November 05, 2017, 06:25:54 PM
How could it be otherwise?  But like GIA posted ... if you want a better god, then imagine one ... but to do that, you have to project a better "you".

I could imagine a better god.  My imagining one doesn't mean one could exist.  Though I might be interested...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 07, 2017, 03:12:49 AM
I could imagine a better god.  My imagining one doesn't mean one could exist.  Though I might be interested...

Good.  Then go forth and do likewise.  Where have I heard that?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on November 07, 2017, 06:24:30 AM
Good.  Then go forth and do likewise.  Where have I heard that?

The imagination does not a reality make...

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on November 07, 2017, 03:12:49 AM
It's not at all hard to imagine a better god:

One who acts better than humans do.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on November 07, 2017, 09:54:21 AM

I could joke and say the deity DOES act like we should, but that would be be a cheap shot (ba-da-boom).

But that IS sort of the theist's problem.  They keep coming up with deities who have the morals of a cat in heat, the ethics of a lawyer, and the restraint of a 4 year old.  As time passes, they mostly have to reduce their deity into nothingness to eliminate the flaws.

I expect that, in the future, a deity will become so vague as to vanish entirely (no more "why did god allow that evil event to happen").  And then we will finally be free of the idea.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 07, 2017, 09:20:47 AM
The imagination does not a reality make...

All science and no art?  Without art, there is no science ... the art of science is what scientists do.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on November 07, 2017, 09:54:21 AM

Keep hoping that the Vulcans will replace the humans.  The Ferengi or the Romulans or the Klingons are more likely.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 07, 2017, 10:06:30 AM
I could joke and say the deity DOES act like we should, but that would be be a cheap shot (ba-da-boom).

But that IS sort of the theist's problem.  They keep coming up with deities who have the morals of a cat in heat, the ethics of a lawyer, and the restraint of a 4 year old.  As time passes, they mostly have to reduce their deity into nothingness to eliminate the flaws.

I expect that, in the future, a deity will become so vague as to vanish entirely (no more "why did god allow that evil event to happen").  And then we will finally be free of the idea.

This comes with the meme or memes ... language itself.  The only way to escape it is to turn mute, like the human survivors on Planet of the Apes.  Picking an ideal god, like just like a straw man argument, completely false.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on November 07, 2017, 01:22:00 PM
This comes with the meme or memes ... language itself.  The only way to escape it is to turn mute, like the human survivors on Planet of the Apes.  Picking an ideal god, like just like a straw man argument, completely false.

A picky point perhaps, but the human survivors of The Planet Of the Apes did not exactly "turn" mute.  That would suggest intent.  The ones who survived were the least vocal ones, harder for the apes to find.  Natural Selection suggests this trait would have been reinforced through generations.