News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The Truck of Peace in New York

Started by pr126, November 01, 2017, 12:09:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on November 03, 2017, 03:16:26 AM
Predict the future much?  All species eventually terminate.

Yes, I am being rhetorical, I wouldn't kill a cockroach (sometimes).  Most of us get food indirectly ... we aren't farmers/ranchers.  Most of our killing is indirect too ... plausible deniability.  The German people were guilty, not just the Nazis.

I never met a cockroach I didn't try to kill.  Fortunately, that was 40 years ago in cheap crowded apartments and I do not have that problem now.

Did you ever hear the song " I Was Not A Nazi" polka?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on November 04, 2017, 12:35:35 AM

And I'm not sure they help a lot now.  There are always ways around them.  Or attacks where they aren't.

pr126

Bolted. Barn door. Horse.

But how do you move them in a hurry for an emergency? For ambulance or fire trucks?

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on November 04, 2017, 12:49:18 AM
Bolted. Barn door. Horse.

But how do you move them in a hurry for an emergency? For ambulance or fire trucks?

My point was that barriers cannot prevent all attacks.  Where they aren't, they invite attacks.  And most places that are attacked have none.

We can protect some important places with barriers.  But there is always "someplace else".

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on November 04, 2017, 01:52:39 AM
And finally, a trigger warning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcUi5_eNoqk

I suggest you identify the cartoon characters.  I don't recognize any of them.

Shiranu

It's like 9/11 humour... It's both pretty funny and in horrible taste. The little musical skit is great though.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Cavebear

Quote from: Shiranu on November 04, 2017, 02:02:16 AM
It's like 9/11 humour... It's both pretty funny and in horrible taste. The little musical skit is great though.

But, who ARE those people?

pr126

Here is one. A dedicated SJW. All the characters are drawn after real people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilCmywMin8I

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on November 04, 2017, 02:07:30 AM
Here is one. A dedicated SJW. All the characters are drawn after real people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilCmywMin8I

No, that can't be me.  He has WAY too much hair on his head.

Shiranu

Quote from: Cavebear on November 04, 2017, 02:04:56 AM
But, who ARE those people?

Hopefully just caricatures of the animators imagination. I shudder to think anyone is stupid enough to think that actually represents people on the left anymore than the rambling homeless guy who was abducted by aliens represents all men.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Cavebear

Quote from: Shiranu on November 04, 2017, 02:14:22 AM
Hopefully just caricatures of the animators imagination. I shudder to think anyone is stupid enough to think that actually represents people on the left anymore than the rambling homeless guy who was abducted by aliens represents all men.

Caricatures usually represent real people.

Shiranu

Quote from: Cavebear on November 04, 2017, 02:41:15 AM
Caricatures usually represent real people.

They may exist, but again... It's like assuming the one crazy homeless guy who claims to have been abducted by aliens and wears tin foil to protect himself from the government mind rays is representative of men or conservatives.

He only looks for the most crazy examples he can find, gets confirmation bias because crazy is what people bother to record and write about (how many news stories are about a regular guy going to work, coming home, watching a movie and going to sleep?), and then acts like these extreme outliers are representative of everyone in whatever group he wants to put them in.

Consistently coincidently, those groups always are what ever the en vogue group to hate or fear is. He never seems to hold the same standard to anyone else.

I'm sure that's pure coincidence though...

Cavebear

Quote from: Shiranu on November 04, 2017, 02:56:00 AM
They may exist, but again... It's like assuming the one crazy homeless guy who claims to have been abducted by aliens and wears tin foil to protect himself from the government mind rays is representative of men or conservatives.

He only looks for the most crazy examples he can find, gets confirmation bias because crazy is what people bother to record and write about (how many news stories are about a regular guy going to work, coming home, watching a movie and going to sleep?), and then acts like these extreme outliers are representative of everyone in whatever group he wants to put them in.

Consistently coincidently, those groups always are what ever the en vogue group to hate or fear is. He never seems to hold the same standard to anyone else.

I'm sure that's pure coincidence though...

So, the animated figures represented no one...