News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Happy Halloween from Japan

Started by pr126, October 31, 2017, 12:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on October 31, 2017, 12:54:11 PM
Thanks, one trick pony.

Did a miss the trick pony?  There seemed to be everything ELSE there.  SARC
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on October 31, 2017, 01:08:57 PM
Did a miss the trick pony?  There seemed to be everything ELSE there.  SARC
When someone relentlessly posts right wing political polemics I grant them the title of "one trick pony".

And yes, the ponies have complained. But they haven't file suit.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on October 31, 2017, 01:16:34 PM
When someone relentlessly posts right wing political polemics I grant them the title of "one trick pony".

And yes, the ponies have complained. But they haven't file suit.

Ahh, explained well.  But shouldn't it also apply to the Left?  And noting I am closer to that side...

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on October 31, 2017, 02:06:42 PM
Ahh, explained well.  But shouldn't it also apply to the Left?  And noting I am closer to that side...
Do you post any else or just polemics?
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on October 31, 2017, 02:14:50 PM
Do you post any else or just polemics?

I post elsewhere.  Cat blogs, gardening sites, woodworking sites.  And I am left of center.  But in this case I was specifically asking why you thought "one trick pony" only applied to rightists.  Shouldn't it be equally applied to extreme leftists as well?  I do sort of like fairness.

If you mean "do I post theistic views in balance to my atheistic views?", no.  I am utterly, completely, atheist.  If some being claiming to be a deity appeared before me, and expressed my innermost thoughts I would look around for a mind reading device or something.  I consider a deity to be both literally and not logically possible.

Gawdzilla Sama

Then you aren't a one trick pony. But there's nothing in the definition of a one trick pony about political or religious orientation. It's just a moniker for a boring poster.
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on October 31, 2017, 12:54:11 PM
Thanks, one trick pony.

Lost your sense of humor.  The Japanese are different.  And since when do you channel Shiranu?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

AllPurposeAtheist

.....says the big creepy confidence boosting pervert that lives alone down the street from the kids in the neighborhood..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on October 31, 2017, 03:59:13 PM
Then you aren't a one trick pony. But there's nothing in the definition of a one trick pony about political or religious orientation. It's just a moniker for a boring poster.

Are you arguing that focusing on atheism on an atheism site is a "one trick"?

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on November 04, 2017, 02:12:55 AM
No.
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 04, 2017, 02:12:55 AM

You avatar is at least two dimensional, not one dimensional.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on November 04, 2017, 02:07:42 PM
You avatar is at least two dimensional, not one dimensional.

How very Trumpian.  I did not mention avatars.