Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

erealmz has reached the end...

Started by erealmz, October 30, 2017, 11:15:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sal1981

Unbeliever

Hey, glad you could make the scene!

Getting kicked out of Christian forums is de rigueur for this place - I think you'll fit right in! Many of us here were former Christians (or other theistic types), but we were lucky, or something, and found our way out of the God-maze.

Condiment Christ:

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Unbeliever - Hey, I got kicked out of a PC religious tolerance forum on Facebook, for saying bad things about Catholics and WW II ... does that count?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

aitm

Greetings. I hope you hand around and share your insights.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on October 31, 2017, 06:45:22 PM
Unbeliever - Hey, I got kicked out of a PC religious tolerance forum on Facebook, for saying bad things about Catholics and WW II ... does that count?
Hey, if it floats your boat, it counts.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on October 31, 2017, 07:00:01 PM
Hey, if it floats your boat, it counts.

Tolerance is self contradictory if based on dishonesty.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Quote from: erealmz on October 31, 2017, 03:20:16 AM
I hate the idea of non-existence. I wish there was an afterlife. The concept is very beautiful. But I just don't believe it anymore. What about you? What's your stance?
My idea of the perfect afterlife is cruising around the universe unfettered by the laws of physics just observing and learning.  Seeing what's out there that I couldn't imagine no matter how hard I tried.  That's the only afterlife I have any interest in.  The whole robes and halos and eternally singing praises?  Eurgh.  Show me the way to the 'down' elevator.

Wings would be way cool, though -- but not if I was invisible and couldn't show them off.  :D
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

"I hate the idea of non-existence. I wish there was an afterlife. The concept is very beautiful. But I just don't believe it anymore. What about you? What's your stance?"

What is time, what is past, present and future?  What is life?  Without answers to that ... "afterlife" is meaningless.

For me we are wrong about everything.  Most people think we are alive now ... I disagree rhetorically ... we are dead now.  Therefore, such as it is, this is the afterlife.  Thus for me, it isn't a belief thing, it is a reality after one defines ones terms reasonably.  On there other hand, non-existence is impossible.  I think you must mean ... perpetual deep unconsciousness.  That would be very boring, but you wouldn't be aware of it.  Are you aware of your deep sleep now?  For most people "afterlife" is a projection from day dreams and night dreams.  I find dreams to be pretty weird at worst, and wishful thinking at best.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on October 31, 2017, 04:38:41 PM
Hey, glad you could make the scene!

Getting kicked out of Christian forums is de rigueur for this place - I think you'll fit right in! Many of us here were former Christians (or other theistic types), but we were lucky, or something, and found our way out of the God-maze.

I got kicked out of a 'Clan Of The Cave Bear' site eventually because they all believed in "The Mother Earth Goddess" and I objected one too many times.

As an atheist, I don't believe in any deities; modern, ancient or pre-historic.  But disbelieving in just one circles the tribes against you.  LOL!

Condiment Christ:

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

That is why Cavebear posts here ... the Cro-Magnons don't believe in him anymore ;-)

Fortunately there are still plenty of Neanderthals, here ... that do ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on November 04, 2017, 09:49:45 AM
That is why Cavebear posts here ... the Cro-Magnons don't believe in him anymore ;-)

Fortunately there are still plenty of Neanderthals, here ... that do ;-))

I KNEW there was a thread where I accidentally hit "send" before adding content!  I'm glad to have found it.

Hey, if a Cro-Magnon had been raised from birth among us here, you probably couldn't tell thye difference.  And it is starting to seem the same about Neanderthals.  They weren't stupider, just outnumbered.  Latest info suggests there were just more Homo Sapiens entering Europe than Neanderthals there.

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!