News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hello from a new member

Started by Luther Martini, November 01, 2017, 05:03:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackleaf

Quote from: SGOS on November 02, 2017, 08:19:43 AM
The great thing about Christianity is that you are offered so many choices to pick from. 

You want a Christianity where believers in evolution will spend a fiery eternity in Hell? 
Got you covered. 

You prefer a lighter version, where evolution actually happens, but you believe in talking snakes and donkeys.
Well, there's that too.

You want one where your peers get so excited they roll around on the floor and speak in a gibberish language?
You can find that. 

Suppose you just think it's cool to bob up and down on one knee and make the sign of the cross to ward off the Devil while believing man descended from previous ape like humanoids?
No problem. 

It's all part of Christianity.  It's the religion for everyone, and no thought is required.  All contradictions are part and parcel of the whole package.

And conveniently, the only "true Christians" are the ones you agree with and approve of. lol
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Cavebear

I sure never did THAT speech.  Until the internet...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Luther Martini

Thanks to all of you for welcoming me to the forum.

I am glad that some of you enjoyed my sunday school story.  That incident happened 50 years ago, but I am not quite as vocal in public anymore. 

For most of my life, I have considered the concept of deity, as well as myths like divine creation, original sin, and virgin birth, to be illogical and preposterous, and as a child/teen,  it was difficult for me to sit quietly week after week, and listen to what I considered to be brainwashing drivel.   Since that time, my non belief has become stronger through life experience and through study, but I have become more tolerant of believers, and strive to appreciate the good in people regardless of their susceptibility toward buying into the illogical dogma of superstition.

Baruch

Quote from: Luther Martini on November 05, 2017, 06:18:18 PM

I am glad that some of you enjoyed my sunday school story.  That incident happened 50 years ago, but I am not quite as vocal in public anymore. 

For most of my life, I have considered the concept of deity, as well as myths like divine creation, original sin, and virgin birth, to be illogical and preposterous, and as a child/teen,  it was difficult for me to sit quietly week after week, and listen to what I considered to be brainwashing drivel.   Since that time, my non belief has become stronger through life experience and through study, but I have become more tolerant of believers, and strive to appreciate the good in people regardless of their susceptibility toward buying into the illogical dogma of superstition.

Some people grow up early, some are late.  But do you agree that Tide is New & Improved (tm)? ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Luther Martini

Quote from: Baruch on November 05, 2017, 06:21:01 PM
But do you agree that Tide is New & Improved (tm)? ;-)

only to the extent that the container is now easier to handle, and that a non-scented version is now available ;-)

Cavebear

Quote from: Luther Martini on November 05, 2017, 06:18:18 PM

An understanding of reality can be gained at any time in life.  I released the idea of The Easter Bunny around 8, Santa Clause at 9, and God at 10.  It was a logical progression.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!