Indictments in Mueller Probe of Trump-Russia Collusion

Started by Sylar, October 30, 2017, 03:06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: fencerider on November 16, 2017, 01:55:20 AM
what kind of war are you refering to Baruch? economic war since 1941? (scary that I have to learn from Baruch the things they didn’t teach in high school) If you mean military then you are off by a few. U.S. military has been in action somewhere in the world every single year since right after the end of the Civl War... ðŸ¤"maybe a connection to American exceptionalism - started around the same time

Churchill made sure that the US stopped demobilization in 1946.  In economics, in spies, in special forces ... we are at war all the time (Pearl Harbor psychosis).  Occasionally it gets worse.  This is also because war (profiteering) is the only thing that keeps the economy of the US going; WW II, Korea, Vietnam ... were all driven by economics.  Korean war mostly benefited (particularly Toyota) Japan, a US ally.  The end of the Vietnam war was a threat to American economy ... hence the need for the war on terror and other adjectives.  But there wasn't a lot of money in it before the Federal Reserve (1913).  Prior to 1941, the American public didn't support perpetual paranoia/war.  Of course the US, by nature, was predatory before WW II ... from the first colony.  The American Revolution came about because too much of the profits of the drug trade, slave trade and conquest, were going to London.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: Baruch on November 12, 2017, 12:36:18 PM
Any politician is guilty, the only question is guilty about what?

Haha ... guilty until proven innocent?  How naive. 

It's a clever way of putting it underscoring that you will not be sent to prison unless the court says you are guilty.  However, in my mind you are guilty upon committing a crime.  Proving you actually committed a crime is a bit harder of course, but if this is not accomplished, it doesn't mean you are innocent.  I'm not saying I think Trump is guilty or innocent of anything.  I just don't know, but he is either guilty or innocent, no matter what judgment, accurate or not, is rendered by the courts.

Anyone defending a person who has committed a crime will point to a not guilty verdict implying that his client is as white as snow and innocent of all wrong doing.  That's what we have been taught about American jurisprudence.  I hate to sound like a pedant, but in defense of my opinion, I would point out that much about American jurisprudence is little more than bullshit. 

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on October 31, 2017, 08:22:05 PM
I didn't take it personally.  Fortunately there are quite a few facts about this case ... and perhaps more indictments.  I will cry a very small tear for any Republican or Democrat who goes to jail, even at a spa, for even one day ... sob!
Why does that remind me of Bill the Butcher crying over a poor dead rabbit?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrkw1UgX3q0
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on November 01, 2017, 10:21:12 PM
I see indictments of two men, not Trump.  Trump may be indicted, but not yet.  As an insider of the Mueller investigation, please tell us more inside truth ;-)
It's all pink on the inside...

God Not Found

Unbeliever

Quote from: SGOS on November 02, 2017, 08:47:19 AM
Who cares if Trump enlisted the Russians to help him win the election?  It's a free country. 

We sure don't want Muslims running the place, but the Russians are actually helping, and even if they intend to be destructive, the overall result is positive.  So I say let them interfere all they want.  They gave us a president who actually cares for once, a man who knows how to get things done, a man of deep reflection and keen insight with a brilliant mind who wants to keep us safe from the Mexicans.  I simply don't understand all this fuss.

Fuss!? What fuss?

God Not Found

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 16, 2017, 02:06:07 PM
It's all pink on the inside...

Sorry, I like my steak well done.  And where did you get that picture of me? ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 16, 2017, 02:15:08 PM
I just call 'em...

That there is pre-jew-dice ... maybe you need to spend a little more time in the outhouse, getting the Devil out of you?

I am much more like Squidward anyway.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Squidward isn't much fun to be around, though, is he?

God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 16, 2017, 07:10:07 PM
Squidward isn't much fun to be around, though, is he?

It that you, Sponge-off-the-rich Commie-pants?  "insert Pee-wee Herman laugh track here"
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: fencerider on November 16, 2017, 01:55:20 AM
what kind of war are you refering to Baruch? economic war since 1941? (scary that I have to learn from Baruch the things they didn’t teach in high school) If you mean military then you are off by a few. U.S. military has been in action somewhere in the world every single year since right after the end of the Civl War... ðŸ¤"maybe a connection to American exceptionalism - started around the same time

Dare I suggest that "Pax Americana" requires military action?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 18, 2017, 04:00:14 AM
Dare I suggest that "Pax Americana" requires military action?

Who suggested "Pax Americana" as a policy?  Winston Churchill (provided we had a special relationship with Britain, with their hand up our behinds).

But are you suggesting that the Anglo-American Empire is the Roman Empire?  If so, we who are about to be nuked, salute you.  Yes, all war, all the time ... you make a desert and call it peace (some enemy of Rome said that).

Sorry about last night.  Had to take care of two sick cats and clean up while posting.  And you forgot the (sarc) on some of your posts.  This seems as fine a string as possible to ask again (rhetorical) .. are you a warmonger?  I don't think you are.  But there is your post just above.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Manafort's Russian ties are far more extensive than previously known

QuotePresident Donald Trump's former campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, traveled to Moscow at least 18 times between 2004-2011, while he served as a top adviser to ousted Ukrainian president Viktor Yanukovych and the pro-Russia Party of Regions.
QuoteManafort visited Ukraine at least 138 times between 2004-2015, according to McClatchy. He traveled to Moscow the most between 2005-2006, but took additional trips there through 2011.
QuoteCiting financial documents filed in Cyprus, The New York Times reported in July that Manafort was in debt to pro-Russian interests by as much as $17 million by the time he joined Trump's campaign team in March 2016.

Manafort also has significant business ties to the Russian billionaire Oleg Deripaska, who signed a $10 million annual contract with Manafort in 2006 for a lobbying project in the US that Manafort said would "greatly benefit the Putin Government," The Associated Press reported in March.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on November 18, 2017, 09:47:30 AM
Who suggested "Pax Americana" as a policy?  Winston Churchill (provided we had a special relationship with Britain, with their hand up our behinds).

But are you suggesting that the Anglo-American Empire is the Roman Empire?  If so, we who are about to be nuked, salute you.  Yes, all war, all the time ... you make a desert and call it peace (some enemy of Rome said that).

Sorry about last night.  Had to take care of two sick cats and clean up while posting.  And you forgot the (sarc) on some of your posts.  This seems as fine a string as possible to ask again (rhetorical) .. are you a warmonger?  I don't think you are.  But there is your post just above.

My sympathies to you about the cats.  One of mine has just recently become fond of peeing just over the edge of the litter boxes.  And another can't keep down more than a spoonful of pate canned food first meal of the morning.

"Pax Americana" was a natural result of the destruction in Europe during WWII.  It was just that the US wasn't as damaged.  I do not suggest any superiority of the US in that consequence.

I am not a war-monger.  I think that the world is better off when diplomacy is the in the forefront.  I think that we should never have invaded Afghanistan after 9-11 preferring that Interpol take the lead.

I see a world where Gore should have been President in 200 and 2004, Obama 2008 and 2012, and Clinton 2016 and 2020.  Tell me the world would be worse off with them than it is now...

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 26, 2017, 01:45:06 AM
My sympathies to you about the cats.  One of mine has just recently become fond of peeing just over the edge of the litter boxes.  And another can't keep down more than a spoonful of pate canned food first meal of the morning.

"Pax Americana" was a natural result of the destruction in Europe during WWII.  It was just that the US wasn't as damaged.  I do not suggest any superiority of the US in that consequence.

I am not a war-monger.  I think that the world is better off when diplomacy is the in the forefront.  I think that we should never have invaded Afghanistan after 9-11 preferring that Interpol take the lead.

I see a world where Gore should have been President in 200 and 2004, Obama 2008 and 2012, and Clinton 2016 and 2020.  Tell me the world would be worse off with them than it is now...

Agreed.  A lot of shit went down 2000-2003.  Clinton-Bush shit.  But probably just incompetence, not malice - says Napoleon.

And no, it really never was Pax Americana ... just Pax Brittanica with an American accent ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.