Indictments in Mueller Probe of Trump-Russia Collusion

Started by Sylar, October 30, 2017, 03:06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sylar

Quote from: fencerider on October 31, 2017, 12:27:55 AM
Manafort is facing a maximum sentence of 181 months. Gates is facing a maximum sentence of 151 months.

I wish I could hang out in Trump country to watch their brains melting down🤠

Which is why I think they may accept a plea deal and become state witness against Trump.
"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." --Oscar Wilde

Sylar

Quote from: Shiranu on October 30, 2017, 06:52:26 PM
Here's to hoping they keep chipping away, until they can bring his entire world crashing around him. Trump is endemic of nearly everything wrong with American society, so it will be sweet justice to watch it all implode in his face and hopefully discourage others from being so much like him.

My only fear is if he ever learns that his business and his name are both going to disappear at best and become reviled at worst he will try to take everyone else out with him. He seems like just the spiteful asshole to do that, which is... not good, when you consider he is now the most powerful man in the world. I fear that he is just morally vapid enough to do so, and that his followers have been fed so much hate and anger that they can be tricked into going along with it.

It only takes one spark to light a fire, and when you consider the power he still wields as president sparks are the last thing you want.

With Republican refusal to protect Mueller from Trump, the only thing to fear is WH interference in judicial system (which is unconstitutional).

I am not afraid of Trump taking us all out -- I am willing to bet there's at least one secret service agent who would rather shoot the president than watch his family parish. Besides, aren't the nuke codes divided between president and two others?
"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." --Oscar Wilde

Cavebear

Quote from: Sylar on October 31, 2017, 02:21:25 PM
Which is why I think they may accept a plea deal and become state witness against Trump.

Well, that IS the usual pattern.  Spend a few months at a federal "spa" campus or spend 5-10 at Leavenworth (or whatever the equivalent is today)...  If that doesn't get at the truth, nothing will.  And BTW. some charges can be brought to State courts where the Trumpster can't give a pardon.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Cavebear

Quote from: Sylar on October 31, 2017, 02:28:55 PM
With Republican refusal to protect Mueller from Trump, the only thing to fear is WH interference in judicial system (which is unconstitutional).

I am not afraid of Trump taking us all out -- I am willing to bet there's at least one secret service agent who would rather shoot the president than watch his family parish. Besides, aren't the nuke codes divided between president and two others?

I am also sure that Trump can't actually pull the trigger...

Sylar

Quote from: Baruch on October 31, 2017, 07:11:02 AM
Have you ever been to Washington DC?  If not, you don't know it exists, for a fact ;-)

And I am sure, there will be many posts, of people here, who know insider CIA, on how the Republicans are Reptilians etc.  Good luck keeping anything political, to the facts.

My post seems to call you out and I didn't intend to do that, so I apologize.

There is a degree of accuracy that we should strive for. Allegations and rumors are ubiquitous in the media, and they must be distinguished from factual information.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 31, 2017, 07:12:41 AM
Notice the non-fact of the OP title .. reads that Trump is indicted.  Manafort may be guilty.  And law may be applied selectively (seems undeniable).  Nothing about D party actions in the Ukraine, or with Russia.  Wonder why?

Bad reading Baruch.  The title says "Indictments in Mueller Probe of Trump-Russia Collusion".  Nothing in the indictments accused Trump, just that the purpose of the investigation is to explore a possible collusion. 

But that IS how Trump argues about it.  Just please don't make the same pretzelly claim.  You know better.

Baruch

Quote from: Sylar on October 31, 2017, 02:21:25 PM

Ah yes, give a deal to the guy who shot the bank guard, and give the guy in the getaway war ... the death penalty?

None of these people will serve time ... they will either be found not guilty or Arkansided.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Sylar on October 31, 2017, 02:37:28 PM
My post seems to call you out and I didn't intend to do that, so I apologize.

There is a degree of accuracy that we should strive for. Allegations and rumors are ubiquitous in the media, and they must be distinguished from factual information.

I didn't take it personally.  Fortunately there are quite a few facts about this case ... and perhaps more indictments.  I will cry a very small tear for any Republican or Democrat who goes to jail, even at a spa, for even one day ... sob!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 31, 2017, 02:47:54 PM
Bad reading Baruch.  The title says "Indictments in Mueller Probe of Trump-Russia Collusion".  Nothing in the indictments accused Trump, just that the purpose of the investigation is to explore a possible collusion. 

But that IS how Trump argues about it.  Just please don't make the same pretzelly claim.  You know better.

OK, he made an uncritical copy of a newspaper-like headline.  How about "Bat boy bites Obama, gives him rabies".  All headlines are legitimate, even more than the bird-cage print under the headline ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Sylar

Quote from: Baruch on October 31, 2017, 07:12:41 AM
Notice the non-fact of the OP title .. reads that Trump is indicted.  Manafort may be guilty.  And law may be applied selectively (seems undeniable).  Nothing about D party actions in the Ukraine, or with Russia.  Wonder why?

You misread the title. The title reads:

"Indictments in Mueller Probe of Trump-Russia Collusion"

The first part of the sentence -- "Indictments in..." -- means that indictments were issued as part of something (that follows in second part of the sentence). The indictments and plea deal have been cited in the OP and subsequent post, and you may read and view them yourself, then form your own opinion.

The second part of the sentence -- "...Mueller Probe of Trump-Russia Collusion" -- is self-explanatory. That is exactly what Mueller is doing; he's investigating Trump for colluding with the Russians. That is a fact, not an opinion, and here's the evidence: https://www.justice.gov/opa/press-release/file/967231/download

Since the topic of this thread is as described above, why would there be any mention of "D party actions in the Ukraine, or with Russia"? Feel free to open another thread to discuss those allegations, and be prepared to cite the facts as I did.

Baruch

I see indictments of two men, not Trump.  Trump may be indicted, but not yet.  As an insider of the Mueller investigation, please tell us more inside truth ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: fencerider on October 31, 2017, 12:27:55 AM
Manafort is facing a maximum sentence of 181 months. Gates is facing a maximum sentence of 151 months.

I wish I could hang out in Trump country to watch their brains melting down🤠
What brains?
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

SGOS

Who cares if Trump enlisted the Russians to help him win the election?  It's a free country. 

We sure don't want Muslims running the place, but the Russians are actually helping, and even if they intend to be destructive, the overall result is positive.  So I say let them interfere all they want.  They gave us a president who actually cares for once, a man who knows how to get things done, a man of deep reflection and keen insight with a brilliant mind who wants to keep us safe from the Mexicans.  I simply don't understand all this fuss.

Mike Cl

Quote from: SGOS on November 02, 2017, 08:47:19 AM
Who cares if Trump enlisted the Russians to help him win the election?  It's a free country. 

We sure don't want Muslims running the place, but the Russians are actually helping, and even if they intend to be destructive, the overall result is positive.  So I say let them interfere all they want.  They gave us a president who actually cares for once, a man who knows how to get things done, a man of deep reflection and keen insight with a brilliant mind who wants to keep us safe from the Mexicans.  I simply don't understand all this fuss.
How did you know what I was thinking?????
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

SGOS

Quote from: Mike Cl on November 02, 2017, 10:04:18 AM
How did you know what I was thinking?????
Well, anyone who isn't in a coma knows what I'm talkin' about.