Yet another demonstration of 'christian love'.

Started by trdsf, October 30, 2017, 12:11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trdsf

A Pennsylvania mom is going to jail for nowhere near enough time for beating the hell out of her daughter for getting bible verses wrong.

Steven Weinberg is right: "With or without religion, good people can behave well and bad people can do evil; but for good people to do evil â€" that takes religion."
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Unbeliever

Damn, that's one scary looking woman! At least the kid won't have to put up with that shit any more - assuming her other relatives don't do the same king of bullshit.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Blackleaf

Two and a half years for beating and threatening the life of a child. FML.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

fencerider

Quote from: Blackleaf on October 30, 2017, 02:48:42 PM
Two and a half years for beating and threatening the life of a child. FML.

probably would have been longer if it was a Quran
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

fencerider

"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Cavebear

Some people were just never suited to be parents.  They should have left some "parts" at the door when they got out of high school.  If the did get out of high school.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Humans need a bit of ego and arrogance to get thru the day.  Chutzpah.  But it is easy to misuse.  Hence inappropriate relationships, marriages and bad parenting.  Humans don't come with an instruction book (or does it) and it shows.  Not that men in particular would bother with an instruction book, or asking for directions ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 31, 2017, 06:40:33 AM
Humans need a bit of ego and arrogance to get thru the day.  Chutzpah.  But it is easy to misuse.  Hence inappropriate relationships, marriages and bad parenting.  Humans don't come with an instruction book (or does it) and it shows.  Not that men in particular would bother with an instruction book, or asking for directions ;-)

I've never quite understood unjustified chutspah.  I come by mine honestly and with background.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 31, 2017, 08:10:57 AM
I've never quite understood unjustified chutspah.  I come by mine honestly and with background.

Gentile terms are "brass" and "arrogance".  With "brass" at least you are dealing with real metal, but "arrogance" is just wooden nickels.  Very flammable.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 31, 2017, 07:24:38 PM
Gentile terms are "brass" and "arrogance".  With "brass" at least you are dealing with real metal, but "arrogance" is just wooden nickels.  Very flammable.

Consider a small wooden box designed to look as though it has a top that opens.  Even hinges on the back.  Now consider that it is not openable.  That is religion.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 04, 2017, 12:15:18 AM
Consider a small wooden box designed to look as though it has a top that opens.  Even hinges on the back.  Now consider that it is not openable.  That is religion.

That was creative ;-)  Inside that box are the lost souls of the clergy ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on November 04, 2017, 09:57:37 AM
That was creative ;-)  Inside that box are the lost souls of the clergy ;-(

Thank you.  But you are arguing about the content of a solid box with no space inside it?  LOL!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 07, 2017, 03:02:40 AM
Thank you.  But you are arguing about the content of a solid box with no space inside it?  LOL!

Souls don't take up space, silly bear.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on November 07, 2017, 06:28:47 AM
Souls don't take up space, silly bear.

Souls being non-existent, I am not surprised they take up no space.  Hmmm, I wonder if I could market cheap blocks of wood calling them "Ancestor Soul Holders"?

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 07, 2017, 06:33:47 AM
Souls being non-existent, I am not surprised they take up no space.  Hmmm, I wonder if I could market cheap blocks of wood calling them "Ancestor Soul Holders"?

Probably marked "made in China" because such things would be of Chinese origin.  Got ancestors?  Read Confucius.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.