News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Pot Increases Sex, Or Maybe Not

Started by SGOS, October 28, 2017, 06:39:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2017/10/27/560268250/does-smoking-pot-lead-to-more-sex
At the very least, a study published Friday in the Journal of Sexual Medicine suggests that people who smoke more weed are having more sex than those who smoke less or abstain. But whether it's cause or effect isn't clear.
There you have it.  A very definitive "not sure," so you might as well not worry about it.

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

I can believe that. I think it's more to do with ipeople who are willing to risk it to get the ganja being willing to risk it to get the biscuit as well.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 28, 2017, 02:47:28 PM
I am undecided if I am a nihilist or a solipsist.

You are neither.  You believe in "something" (regardless of the truth of your belief).  And you don't believe that the self is the only existent thing (or else you would be arguing here).

You are mostly a theist trying to figure out exactly WHAT God is.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 31, 2017, 02:09:14 AM
You are neither.  You believe in "something" (regardless of the truth of your belief).  And you don't believe that the self is the only existent thing (or else you would be arguing here).

You are mostly a theist trying to figure out exactly WHAT God is.

Yes, I am a theist, but not the usual kind.  And yes, there are multiple selves (I think).  But you took my last post literally, as usual.  Aka ... out of context.

G-d isn't a what, G-d is a who (beware that, Mr Grinch).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 31, 2017, 07:25:02 AM
Yes, I am a theist, but not the usual kind.  And yes, there are multiple selves (I think).  But you took my last post literally, as usual.  Aka ... out of context.

G-d isn't a what, G-d is a who (beware that, Mr Grinch).

Well (to be literal) a god wouldn't be a "who" (sorry Cindy-Lou) but an "it", and maybe not even an "it".  Something else.

BTW, if your words aren't to be taken literally, "right beter".  Words are all I have...

Jason78

I doubt it's a cause and effect thing.   I have less sex since my gf passed on, yet I still smoke the same amount of pot.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Cavebear

Quote from: Jason78 on November 04, 2017, 12:32:08 PM
I doubt it's a cause and effect thing.   I have less sex since my gf passed on, yet I still smoke the same amount of pot.

My regrets and sadness about your GF to you and her family.  But do you eat breakfast more or less often?  Watch more or less TV?  Is that causitory or reactionary?