News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Gun Control

Started by joebialek, October 23, 2017, 07:58:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

If it were up to me all marriage would've been banned long ago. Lucky for all of us, though - I'm not in charge.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 16, 2017, 07:12:00 PM
If it were up to me all marriage would've been banned long ago. Lucky for all of us, though - I'm not in charge.

Not up to us guys.  It is a man-control system invented by women.  But the feminists are working hard to kill it.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Baruch on November 16, 2017, 07:13:49 PM
Not up to us guys.  It is a man-control system invented by women.  But the feminists are working hard to kill it.

Maybe now, but it was historically more in the favor of men in ancient times. Women always know their children, but unless I woman is faithful to one man, he doesn't know which kids are his.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

SGOS

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 16, 2017, 02:39:12 PM

If I ever vote again I'll be a one-issue voter - gun control! I know it's likely too late to put that genie back in the bottle, but damn, something has to break one way or another.
Me?  I'm going to build a fortified bunker and arm it with a Howitzer.

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on November 17, 2017, 06:42:18 PM
Maybe now, but it was historically more in the favor of men in ancient times. Women always know their children, but unless I woman is faithful to one man, he doesn't know which kids are his.

Patriarchy is fake news, put out by the Matriarchy.  But feminism existed in ancient Greek mythology too, think Artemis and Athena.  Artemis was a man-hater.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

The Skeletal Atheist

Gun control is a great idea if you wanna strip the poor and marginalized of the power to defend themselves but keep the upper classes and their cop cronies armed. Arm the working class and marginalized, disarm the militarized cops.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: The Skeletal Atheist on November 17, 2017, 08:37:00 PM
Gun control is a great idea if you wanna strip the poor and marginalized of the power to defend themselves but keep the upper classes and their cop cronies armed. Arm the working class and marginalized, disarm the militarized cops.
The rabble will never face up to the army. They'd be slaughtered.

As for "militarized", what does that mean? Lotta buzz words.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Cavebear

Shoot the rich?

Shiranu

Shoot a cop in self defense and tell me how well that works out for you.

When was the last time someone violently fought the government and won? Now, when was the last time someone shot their wife, their kids, their neighbour, the local school, church, concert? What is the ratio of people who fought the government and won vs the number of people who committed violent murder for no reason?
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Cavebear

Quote from: Shiranu on November 17, 2017, 11:32:38 PM
Shoot a cop in self defense and tell me how well that works out for you.

I don't carry weapons on me or in the car.  I have no desire to shoot a policeperson.  If one decides to shoot me, I am likely to die.  I do not break any laws deserving shooting.

But if one decided to, I sure would try to save my life in any possible way.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Cavebear on November 17, 2017, 11:38:48 PM
I don't carry weapons on me or in the car.  I have no desire to shoot a policeperson.  If one decides to shoot me, I am likely to die.  I do not break any laws deserving shooting.

But if one decided to, I sure would try to save my life in any possible way.

If one wanted to kill you, they would likely get away with it without so much as a slap on the wrist, even with video evidence clearly showing they weren't justified. But don't worry. As long as you're not black, brown, or Hispanic you should be fine.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Cavebear

Quote from: Blackleaf on November 18, 2017, 12:40:20 AM
If one wanted to kill you, they would likely get away with it without so much as a slap on the wrist, even with video evidence clearly showing they were justified. But don't worry. As long as you're not black, brown, or Hispanic you should be fine.

I agree.  As an older white guy, I am less likely to be shot for reaching for my driver's license.  But no one should, and that is my objection...

Baruch

Correct.  The provision of uniform police, was so that private security would be paid for by the taxpayer ;-)  You voters ... maroons.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on November 17, 2017, 10:04:59 PM
The rabble will never face up to the army. They'd be slaughtered.

As for "militarized", what does that mean? Lotta buzz words.

See my post on early Napoleonic crowd control.  If it gets bad enough, I will drive a tank thru your front door myself.  With the Army.  Don't need no robo-cops or Judge Dred.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.