News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Gun Control

Started by joebialek, October 23, 2017, 07:58:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on October 31, 2017, 08:55:04 AM
Yeah, the old "we can't do nothing until we fix everything" argument.

One step at a time is better than no steps at all.  Something like 50% of all the guns in the US are held by 3% of the population.  More than 60 percent of people in this country who die from guns die by suicide.  There is one (1) justifiable homicide for every 896 guns put in the hands of criminals.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on October 31, 2017, 08:56:25 AM
You really believe the mano-a-mano gunfight was anything but a penny dreadful creation? Or is that a sarcasm fail for me?

No, the idea of "cowboys" shooting up the towns were created by the "penny-dreadfuls".  All those poor beat-up herders (mostly young misfits from Eastern cities and farms) wanted from towns was whiskey, a brothel, and a soft bed for a night. 

We should feel sad for them, not glorify them.

And those gunslingers in the legends?  Most killed competing herders by ambushing them through holes in the walls.

SGOS

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on October 31, 2017, 08:56:25 AM
You really believe the mano-a-mano gunfight was anything but a penny dreadful creation? Or is that a sarcasm fail for me?
Yes, it's a fail. 

Cavebear

Quote from: SGOS on October 31, 2017, 09:30:48 AM
Yes, it's a fail.

Um, I think you might have misunderstood what he meant.  Or did I?

SGOS

Quote from: Cavebear on October 31, 2017, 09:36:01 AM
Um, I think you might have misunderstood what he meant.  Or did I?
I have no idea.  I thought my sarcasm was absurdly obvious.  Maybe he was using sarcasm, and it went over MY head.  None of this matters at this point.  I still like him.

Cavebear

Quote from: SGOS on October 31, 2017, 09:46:30 AM
I have no idea.  I thought my sarcasm was absurdly obvious.  Maybe he was using sarcasm, and it went over MY head.  None of this matters at this point.  I still like him.

I think Gawdzilla Sama did a snark and it got a little confusing after that.  I like him too.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: SGOS on October 31, 2017, 09:30:48 AM
Yes, it's a fail. 
Dank ewe.

Wes Hardin was more likely to shoot someone in the back than any other way.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: SGOS on October 31, 2017, 09:46:30 AM
Dead pan posts get dead pan replies. Else what are smilies for?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on October 31, 2017, 11:10:28 AM
Dank ewe.

Wes Hardin was more likely to shoot someone in the back than any other way.

And wet sheep.

There was a reason the feared guys were called "the hole in the wall" gang...  Can't put a smilie after THAT.

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on October 31, 2017, 11:11:05 AM
Dead pan posts get dead pan replies. Else what are smilies for?

Yep, no body language no good "get".

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on October 31, 2017, 11:22:26 AM
Yep, no body language no good "get".
Or the sly look as you deliver the "news".
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on October 31, 2017, 11:26:05 AM
Or the sly look as you deliver the "news".

I trust "you" isn't "me".  I know *I* couldn't deliver the news without a smirk and a snark...

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on October 31, 2017, 11:32:46 AM
I trust "you" isn't "me".  I know *I* couldn't deliver the news without a smirk and a snark...

Generic "ewe".
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on October 31, 2017, 08:46:50 AM
I suppose there is some argument to justify concealed weapons, but I have yet to construct one for myself that stands up to reason.  In the old days, we went out in the corral and shot each other face to face like real men.  None of this sneaking around shit.

Haha ... tell that to Morgan Earp.  Bushwhacked by the Clantons.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.