News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

FOOTBALL SEASON BITCHES!!

Started by aitm, September 04, 2016, 10:33:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Mike Cl

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on February 06, 2017, 02:47:00 PM
I love football!

The Legend Football League.  About the only game I'd like to be on the sidelines for.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

aitm

A humble person would simply say that our team won against a great team that fought hard and played hard and we were simply lucky to win....
[spoiler]fuck that. HA-HA summabitch...did you SEE THAT? MOther fucker that was a MOTHER FUCKING COME BACK....woot. Crazy shit man.....that is all[/spoiler]
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

AllPurposeAtheist

Nice fix job. My only regret is that I failed to place a $10 bet on NE winning the fucking game at half time..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Mike Cl

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on February 07, 2017, 10:27:03 AM
Nice fix job. My only regret is that I failed to place a $10 bet on NE winning the fucking game at half time..
Yeah, but if you had done that, NE would have lost.  Brady owes you one for not betting. :)
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Mike Cl

Quote from: Shiranu on February 07, 2017, 11:13:41 AM
This was the last one, right?
Is there ever a 'last' one in football in Texas?????

Gawdzilla Sama

Sorry, I just went gaga over the half-time show.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Gawdzilla Sama

BTW, since Tebow is so right with God he must have been leading the Patriots, right?
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on February 06, 2017, 01:51:08 AM
Huzzah!  Football season is over!  I didn't even know the Superbowl was today until I bumped into an oblique reference reading the news on the BBC...

Wake me when the Browns go to the Superbowl.  Until then, I can't be bothered.

Football season never ends.  The Washington football team (name unmentioned) just messed with the Seattle Seahawks big time Sunday!  LOL!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

trdsf

Quote from: Cavebear on November 07, 2017, 09:54:00 AM
Football season never ends.  The Washington football team (name unmentioned) just messed with the Seattle Seahawks big time Sunday!  LOL!

. o O ( zzzzZZZZZzzZZzzzz )
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on November 07, 2017, 12:22:46 PM
. o O ( zzzzZZZZZzzZZzzzz )

Yeah, I understand the ZZZZZs.  And I don't live and die with the home team.  But after years of choking under pressure, it was nice to see the local rich guys who get pounded for multi-millions of $$$ stand up and win a hard game. 

Makes everyone else around here easier to deal with.  The clerks are happier, the sun is brighter, the cats are more playful.  Amazing how that stuff spreads around.

And BTW, when I see your avatar pop up on the screen, I know there is going to be a thoughtful post.  Usually...

trdsf

Quote from: Cavebear on November 07, 2017, 12:49:18 PM
Yeah, I understand the ZZZZZs.  And I don't live and die with the home team.  But after years of choking under pressure, it was nice to see the local rich guys who get pounded for multi-millions of $$$ stand up and win a hard game. 

Makes everyone else around here easier to deal with.  The clerks are happier, the sun is brighter, the cats are more playful.  Amazing how that stuff spreads around.

And BTW, when I see your avatar pop up on the screen, I know there is going to be a thoughtful post.  Usually...
Thanks, I try.  In fact, I know I can be very trying... :D
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cavebear on November 07, 2017, 12:49:18 PM

After Rogers went down, that ended my season.  Glad you are so fucking happy! :arghh:

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on November 07, 2017, 07:07:22 PM
After Rogers went down, that ended my season.  Glad you are so fucking happy! :arghh:

I am never happy about injuries.  But the Washington team has had endless injuries this year.  The Seattle game, they couldn't even suit up the allowed number of players.  And in one position (RT?) they lost the backup of the backup of the backup).

Something like 4 of the 7 offensive line wern't "starters".