Trump to Widow of Soldier: "He Knew What He Signed Up For"

Started by Shiranu, October 18, 2017, 01:15:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on October 19, 2017, 11:45:11 PM
I've gotten brain rot a few times while playing Skyrim. A potion of cure disease will clear that right up (although Gilgamesh should consider praying to Stendarr as well).

Sent while riding my mighty steed: Godzilla
I hadn't really thought of that--good catch!!  Those damn rats (trump supporters no doubt) have given that to me too--I always carry at least two of the cure disease potions with me at all times. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Mike Cl

Quote from: PickelledEggs on October 19, 2017, 04:39:33 PM
I thought this was about what he said to the relative of a fallen soldier.

I fear for the country because of the voice he gave to nazis, but this is a different topic.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
You are right, it was.  But it is difficult to unravel only a single thread when dealing with Trump.  It all seems to spiral back to his lack of the ability to feel empathy and his deep seated need for revenge against real or imagined slights.  And he has often said that that revenge would and will be be at least ten times as strong as the slight. This particular incident seems to be tied into his hatred for the dictator of Chad; in Trump's latest immigration ban list, Chad was included on it even tho Chad is the most effective force fighting Islamic terrorism in the central part of Africa; hence Chad removed their troops from that fight and that was when our 4 soldiers were killed. And he still hasn't told us why he put Chad on that list; or what the operation was that got those soldiers killed.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Gawdzilla Sama

I'm waiting for him to put Wakanda on that list, because of the reported Black Panther activity there.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on October 20, 2017, 09:31:20 AM
You are right, it was.  But it is difficult to unravel only a single thread when dealing with Trump.  It all seems to spiral back to his lack of the ability to feel empathy and his deep seated need for revenge against real or imagined slights.  And he has often said that that revenge would and will be be at least ten times as strong as the slight. This particular incident seems to be tied into his hatred for the dictator of Chad; in Trump's latest immigration ban list, Chad was included on it even tho Chad is the most effective force fighting Islamic terrorism in the central part of Africa; hence Chad removed their troops from that fight and that was when our 4 soldiers were killed. And he still hasn't told us why he put Chad on that list; or what the operation was that got those soldiers killed.

Another widow from April, just released a recording of her conversation with Trump.  Not all all what you haters describe.  Has some actual empathy.  It is SJW-D-Party shits who lack real empathy, they just want to ride identity politics to gain absolute power.  Many Americans need to be drafted, into a perpetual war with China ...

And no, no President is going to release to you or to me, what they do that is classified.  Not that isn't a way to cover up mistakes and outright villainy ... but then that is what ape men do.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: Mike Cl on October 19, 2017, 04:28:42 PM
I'm tired of all the whining.  But I don't see or hear the whining as coming from the 'liberal media'.  (Whatever and whoever that is)  Trump has given life to and a voice to the Alt-Right.  Hate that--alt-right--, let's name it what it is, white nationalism.
You can blame the media, I suppose, and I often do, but Trump brings this on himself.  We understand the media.  It's purpose may not always be praiseworthy, but if there is some kind of controversy to stir, the media will focus on it, often to a bizarre excess.  Trump thrives on this sort of environment.  The media was made for Trump.  He's a media whore who has finally found a niche where he can get the ultimate attention he wants.  Sure he complains about it and condemns it, but it's hard to believe he's not relishing every moment where he inserts himself into the limelight by acting like a jerk.  Jerks are magnets for attention, and they know it, and they know how to get attention.  Good for them, I suppose, but the problem is that all that attention they are able to focus on themselves does little or nothing for the common good.

That's what building a wall between the US and Mexico was about, a totally useless waste of money designed to draw attention because of the very nature of its ridiculous impracticality.  But this sort of attention serves you well if you want to be a jerk, and a bunch of people will even love you for it.  OK, so don't build a wall.  Whatever. Who cares?  Just shout absurd things and people will praise you for "saying it like it is," and you can think you're important.

Baruch

The little guy wants to be treated like a real person, not like a prole or a peasant.  Don't do that ... and the less educated in the US will rise up, under Soros and the Clintons (aka Pol Pot) and kill all the college graduates.  Except of course for their agent provocateurs currently in college.  Deep Dope.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gilgamesh

Quote from: Hydra009 on October 19, 2017, 09:50:49 PM
Finally.  And the more reasonable of the two options.  Honest and reasonable.  Very good.

So, do you understand now why calling it unsubstantiated doesn't cast doubt on the claim?

Calling it unsubstantiated doesn't cast doubt. The fact that it IS unsubstantiated - and always will be - casts doubt on the claim.

Hydra009

Cavebear

Quote from: Munch on October 18, 2017, 08:12:08 PM
As I've said before, america's survived Nixon, two Bush's and Ulysses S. Grant, I think it'll be fine.

But Trump is now, and now involves some intelligent leadership which he can't provide. 

If the problem was just a simple difference of opinion about strategies or programs, I could just grit my teeth and wait.  But Trump seems out to destroy all alliances, end all treaties, and create a world of chaos he can manipulate.

That's what wanna be dictators do at the start.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 23, 2017, 03:55:01 AM
But Trump is now, and now involves some intelligent leadership which he can't provide. 

If the problem was just a simple difference of opinion about strategies or programs, I could just grit my teeth and wait.  But Trump seems out to destroy all alliances, end all treaties, and create a world of chaos he can manipulate.

That's what wanna be dictators do at the start.

I am all for Boys From Brazil ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Normal person: Hmmm, do I trust that a chronic liar, egotistical jackass with no ability to properly convey sympathy because he lacks sympathy didn't make a widow cry because of heartless remarks, against the statement of the widow herself, because he and his lacky who has now been caught lying just to be an asshole as well said so? Nah, that would be stupid to take their word over the actual victims.

Trump supporters: FAKE NEWS! UNSUBSTANTIATED! YOU CANT KNOW!!! WHY YOU HATE TRUMP!!!!!!!!!! IT WASN'T EVEN BAD IF HE SAID IT!

I'm just wondering, if it's not a big deal and was just an innocent remark, why the fuck Trump and Kelly have to lash out at everyone, attack everyone's character, and just double down on being a pair of jackasses instead of just saying, "I'm truly sorry it was interpreted that way, it's not how I meant it and if anyone was insulted that was never my intention and I again deeply apologize."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/24/opinions/don-lemon-letter-to-trump-la-david-johnson/index.html

Tell me, how presidented is it for the president to start throwing shade on twitter at a widow of a KiA soldier?

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Wait till all the Congress-critters are drafted into Marine Corp boot camp!  I am going to love our military dictatorship then ;-)  Too bad General Pinochet isn't available anymore.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

fencerider

Quote from: Gilgamesh on October 18, 2017, 08:14:46 PM
Telling her, "He knew what he signed up for, but when it happens it hurts anyways" is an objectively non-offensive thing to say. It's not bad in any way.
Under no circumstances should you ever say It’s what he signed up for. Unless for some reason you’re secretly happy that he’s dead.
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Gilgamesh

Quote from: Hydra009 on October 22, 2017, 12:53:00 PM
Apparently the answer to that question is also no.

There is 0 mutual exclusion between the idea that 'arbitrarily recording every phonecall is absurd' and the fact that the claim is unsubstantiated (and suspect on account of it being posited by two democrats, one of which is a career politician for the party.) Both instances are truisms.

Quote from: Shiranu on October 24, 2017, 12:24:06 AM
I'm just wondering, if it's not a big deal and was just an innocent remark, why the fuck Trump and Kelly have to lash out at everyone, attack everyone's character, and just double down on being a pair of jackasses instead of just saying, "I'm truly sorry it was interpreted that way, it's not how I meant it and if anyone was insulted that was never my intention and I again deeply apologize."

Maybe because they're tired of malicious actors spreading propaganda and slander about them.

Hydra009

Quote from: Gilgamesh on October 25, 2017, 11:43:49 AMsuspect on account of it being posited by two democrats, one of which is a career politician for the party.
Well, at least you're being more honest now about your actual reasons for automatically disbelieving the accusation.  Doubt based on partisanship rather than skepticism.

Personally, I'm more likely to believe that the chronic liar is lying (he even did the "everybody knows it" routine, which is sort of a tell for him), especially since it's more than one person's firsthand account.