Trump to Widow of Soldier: "He Knew What He Signed Up For"

Started by Shiranu, October 18, 2017, 01:15:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on October 19, 2017, 03:41:09 AM
Is there a way I can post you a back pat? People's overreaction to trump is both laughable and irritating to keep seeing popping up on forums everyday more then what stupid shit trump is doing himself

Yes, and Brits never bitch about their PM ;-)  They put all their focus on the POTUS?  Politics in English is so much poo tossing ... in Ireland, Canada, Australia and NZ too.  And since English is still the most popular second language ... all the rest of the world gets to watch us ;-p

it is a bit like sports fandom ... except it is taken too seriously.  Usually with sports people aren't all like ... "We are all going to die tomorrow".  Well maybe we will.  History is a bitch.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on October 19, 2017, 03:48:22 AM
Yes, and Brits never bitch about their PM ;-)  They put all their focus on the POTUS?  Politics in English is so much poo tossing ... in Ireland, Canada, Australia and NZ too.  And since English is still the most popular second language ... all the rest of the world gets to watch us ;-p

it is a bit like sports fandom ... except it is taken too seriously.  Usually with sports people aren't all like ... "We are all going to die tomorrow".  Well maybe we will.  History is a bitch.

Not really, and you know why? Because even from the UK people are more likely to complain about something trump said then their own political elected leader. Infact it's more likely a newspaper will talk about what stupid thing trump did over the weekend then what evil shit kim jong un did lately. Because trump is a clown, and clowns entertain people.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Shiranu

Quote from: PickelledEggs on October 19, 2017, 02:01:54 AM
Literally no one blamed Obama for things? You have a sheltered circle of people to talk politics with, buddy. What did you do? Pull a jmpty and block everyone on facebook that even slightly isn't in agreement with you 100%?

No one is letting this be normal, but you are overreacting, as are many people.
Don't mistake things like this got "ignoring it" for realizing there is better things to do with my time and life, than bitch and moan like conservatives did for 8 years... Although liberals are even worse than conservatives in that sense, at this point. And conservatives are still really bad.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Except what you are talking about there is literally irrelevant to what happened here, and no one is asking you to do anything, bitch, moan, cry, whatever. You are doing that entirely of your own free will right now; I'm not holding a gun to your head saying, "Read this thread, respond to it and cry over how terrible trump is!"

And sure, keep telling yourself this presidency isn't terrible. If you think this shit storm isn't bad, I'm really concerned how far people have to be hurt before you will even bat an eye.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

PickelledEggs

No one is asking you to, and yet you still are.

PickelledEggs

And let's be clear here. I hate Trump as our president, but more than half the shit that is whined about on liberal media isn't even close to  newsworthy

aitm

Yeah, as much as I don't like Trump, I am not sure this isn't one of those times where good intention just came out wrong. I wonder if the guy has any empathy at all. "He knew what he was getting into" , could easily be seen as a compliment. "He knew what he was getting into but still went".. is that not what we expect our "hero's" to do?
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Shiranu

Quote from: PickelledEggs on October 19, 2017, 11:41:02 AM
No one is asking you to, and yet you still are.

No one is asking me to force you to read these threads, and yet I am still forcing you to read them?

Alrighty then. I'm not sure how I feel about having that type of power over you. If you want it back, or know someone else who wants it, hit me up because I'de be glad to give it to someone else.

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Shiranu on October 19, 2017, 12:26:06 PM
No one is asking me to force you to read these threads, and yet I am still forcing you to read them?

Alrighty then. I'm not sure how I feel about having that type of power over you. If you want it back, or know someone else who wants it, hit me up because I'de be glad to give it to someone else.
Uhhh what? I never said you forced me to do anything. I'm just bored and felt like discussing the topic. Sorry not everyone is not completely in agreement with you

Hydra009

Quote from: PickelledEggs on October 19, 2017, 02:01:54 AM
Literally no one blamed Obama for things? You have a sheltered circle of people to talk politics with, buddy. What did you do? Pull a jmpty and block everyone on facebook that even slightly isn't in agreement with you 100%?
Shir is correct in saying that Trump started it and it blew up in his face.  If you want to blame someone for making this a big media circus, Trump's your guy.

And honestly, it should be a story.  Informing military families of military deaths is a pretty important part of being Commander in Chief.  A Prez who flubs as badly as Trump allegedly did deserves all the scorn he gets.

And yeah, I agree that there are a lot of trivial news stories circulating about the guy - half the news stories out there are seemingly all about Trump - but I don't consider this one to be nearly as trivial as say Obama's mustardgate or Obama's "apology tour" or Obama's muslim gang sign.  Could you imagine the furor if Obama was saddled with the scandals that Trump's been involved in so far?  Obama sneezes wrong and we never hear the end of it, but Trump royally screws up or pursues horrid policies, and we're supposed to just let it go.

I know it gets annoying to hear negative political news and people fussing about said news all the time, but expressing disapproval about this stuff is what we have to do to insure that we get better leadership next time.  If we downplay or ignore it, it continues.

Shiranu

Quote from: PickelledEggs on October 19, 2017, 12:29:06 PM
Uhhh what? I never said you forced me to do anything. I'm just bored and felt like discussing the topic. Sorry not everyone is not completely in agreement with you

You literally just said, in a quote about me not forcing you to do anything, that I am doing something.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: PickelledEggs on October 19, 2017, 11:42:00 AM
And let's be clear here. I hate Trump as our president, but more than half the shit that is whined about on liberal media isn't even close to  newsworthy

Based on your biases.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Hydra009 on October 19, 2017, 01:24:19 PM
Shir is correct in saying that Trump started it and it blew up in his face.  If you want to blame someone for making this a big media circus, Trump's your guy.

And honestly, it should be a story.  Informing military families of military deaths is a pretty important part of being Commander in Chief.  A Prez who flubs as badly as Trump allegedly did deserves all the scorn he gets.

And yeah, I agree that there are a lot of trivial news stories circulating about the guy - half the news stories out there are seemingly all about Trump - but I don't consider this one to be nearly as trivial as say Obama's mustardgate or Obama's "apology tour" or Obama's muslim gang sign.  Could you imagine the furor if Obama was saddled with the scandals that Trump's been involved in so far?  Obama sneezes wrong and we never hear the end of it, but Trump royally screws up or pursues horrid policies, and we're supposed to just let it go.

I know it gets annoying to hear negative political news and people fussing about said news all the time, but expressing disapproval about this stuff is what we have to do to insure that we get better leadership next time.  If we downplay or ignore it, it continues.
Yes. Shir is correct, but only partially. Trump and the media work hand in hand. He did not start this on his own. The media is not stupid, but it is predictable. It just wants to start drama.

The interesting thing about Trump is he isn't malicious. He's incompetent. Liberal media will go out of their way to spin things like Trump is horrible and evil, when in reality he just doesn't know what he's doing. But hey, articles have to make headlines... Aka money.

Trump has proven time and time again that he is incapable of using his words right. And when  he says something dumb, the media spins it I'm the way that he's only capable of being a prick, just like when Obama did something or couldn't accomplish something constructive media blamed him for being incompetent. I don't think Trump is fit for the job... not even close, but this is predictable by the media's standards.

Remember. The media made Trump president in the first place. Especially liberal media. It made Trump president even more than  conservative media could ever hope for.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on October 19, 2017, 02:47:42 PM
Based on your biases.
Nice zinger. I'd like to hear what you're assuming my biases are.

Mike Cl

Quote from: PickelledEggs on October 19, 2017, 11:42:00 AM

I, too hate Trump as our president--or even as a person who is not worth much as a human.  And I'm tired of all the shit that has grown up about him.  And I'm tired of all the whining.  But I don't see or hear the whining as coming from the 'liberal media'.  (Whatever and whoever that is)  Trump has given life to and a voice to the Alt-Right.  Hate that--alt-right--, let's name it what it is, white nationalism.  Trump supports it with his appointments.  And he has not came out as being against it, but has tacitly supported it.  He has divided this country in ways I have not seen in my lifetime.  And he does  nothing to repair those rifts; he accelerates them.  He is a loose canon and is scary on many fronts.  I am more than a little frightened by him and his actions and lack of actions. 
Pickled, he has me deeply worried for this nation.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Mike Cl on October 19, 2017, 04:28:42 PM
I, too hate Trump as our president--or even as a person who is not worth much as a human.  And I'm tired of all the shit that has grown up about him.  And I'm tired of all the whining.  But I don't see or hear the whining as coming from the 'liberal media'.  (Whatever and whoever that is)  Trump has given life to and a voice to the Alt-Right.  Hate that--alt-right--, let's name it what it is, white nationalism.  Trump supports it with his appointments.  And he has not came out as being against it, but has tacitly supported it.  He has divided this country in ways I have not seen in my lifetime.  And he does  nothing to repair those rifts; he accelerates them.  He is a loose canon and is scary on many fronts.  I am more than a little frightened by him and his actions and lack of actions. 
Pickled, he has me deeply worried for this nation.
I thought this was about what he said to the relative of a fallen soldier.

I fear for the country because of the voice he gave to nazis, but this is a different topic.