Trump to Widow of Soldier: "He Knew What He Signed Up For"

Started by Shiranu, October 18, 2017, 01:15:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 18, 2017, 07:26:57 AM
We are all horrible human beings.  You wouldn't know, unless you are one too.  Look in the mirror.  Then be chastised.

I looked in the mirror as you requested.  I decided, logically, that I was a rather fine person and had little to be ashamed of as an adult. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 18, 2017, 07:51:08 AM
I looked in the mirror as you requested.  I decided, logically, that I was a rather fine person and had little to be ashamed of as an adult.

Was reminding virtue signally Shiranu.  In your case, like a woman with EE boobs, you ego arrives long before the rest of you ;-0
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: PickelledEggs on October 18, 2017, 02:41:16 AM
And oh yeah, I meant 8 years they talked like this about Obama. This is barely even news
It likely wouldn't have been news if Trump hadn't first declared that Obama didn't properly perform his job informing/comforting bereaved military families.  Now the accusation is boomeranging right back to him.  The media didn't create this gaffe.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on October 18, 2017, 07:35:28 PM
It likely wouldn't have been news if Trump hadn't first declared that Obama didn't properly perform his job informing/comforting bereaved military families.  Now the accusation is boomeranging right back to him.  The media didn't create this gaffe.

Are you saying that Trump is a transvestite?  Giuliani is one.  They need all the gaffs they can get ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

Heres the thing with Trump.

At this stage, seeing so many posts on forums each day of the next ridiculous, outlandished, crude, obnoxious, backwards and deceitful things he's done, I just have to wonder now why is anyone posting this stuff and still acting surprised by any of it?

He's a clown, a Saturday morning cartoon villain, if you give attention to his bs your just giving him the attention he wants, and honestly whatever mess he causes will be dealt with when the next guy or girl comes along.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Hydra009

Quote from: Munch on October 18, 2017, 07:46:58 PMHe's a clown, a Saturday morning cartoon villain, if you give attention to his bs your just giving him the attention he wants, and honestly whatever mess he causes will be dealt with when the next guy or girl comes along.
So I hope.  But this clown still has a surprisingly large following.  Granted, they're complete idiots, but we have lots of complete idiots here.  I worry that we won't get back on track when the Orange Blunder is ushered from office - that this is the new normal for us.

Munch

As I've said before, america's survived Nixon, two Bush's and Ulysses S. Grant, I think it'll be fine.

Gilgamesh

Quote from: Shiranu on October 18, 2017, 01:37:57 AM
You're right, telling the pregnant, grieving widow of a soldier who died in combat, "Meh, he knew what he was getting into." isn't bad.

Telling her, "He knew what he signed up for, but when it happens it hurts anyways" is an objectively non-offensive thing to say. It's not bad in any way.

But when one wants to hate someone, one will perceive normal behavior from them to be evil.

If the same thing was said by anyone who you weren't already predisposed to hate, you wouldn't care - at most you would think, "it could be worded slightly better but whatever" and you fucking know it. You could make the argument that the president should be above creating syntax like a common man would, but if the worst thing the president does is use the same words that a laymen would've, then it's not a fucking problem - at all.

Pussy.

Shiranu

QuoteHe's a clown, a Saturday morning cartoon villain, if you give attention to his bs your just giving him the attention he wants, and honestly whatever mess he causes will be dealt with when the next guy or girl comes along.

Except more and more countries are saying, "Yeah, honestly, if the Americans voted this guy in... we don't think we can trust the next president either. They have ruined their reputation."

I'm flattered you think we are still trust-worthy, but unfortunately the people in power are increasingly saying, "If one president thinks he has so much power, why won't the next?".
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Shiranu

QuoteTelling her, "He knew what he signed up for, but when it happens it hurts anyways" is an objectively non-offensive thing to say. It's not bad in any way.

Obviously. That's why she was all smiles and happ... oh, right, the actual victim was upset about it. But you know what, you know better than the people actually affected, don't you?

QuoteBut when one wants to hate someone, one will perceive normal behavior from them to be evil.

Well, when both sides of the isle hate you for it... then you have really fucked up.

QuoteIf the same thing was said by anyone who you weren't already predisposed to hate, you wouldn't care...

Wrong again, Bob. In a regular presidency, this would be breaking news that would be talked about for weeks, be it a Republican or a Democrat. This president is so batshit insane and so devoid of any empathy this is buried in the rest of the shit and forgotten within a week.

This is NOT normal behaviour, and acting like it is only encourages it. And we should not pretend for a second that this is normal, and end up making it normal.

QuotePussy.

Grow up. You're like an edge-lord 16 year old, "Hurrr, I just learned what cynicism is! Fuck the world!". It's trite af, mate.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Munch

Quote from: Shiranu on October 18, 2017, 08:22:48 PM
Well, when both sides of the isle hate you for it... then you have really fucked up.

I think your likely find the rest of the world, that has common sense, can read about the political culture war going on in america right now and understands the country is divided on the for and against crowd, it doesn't look at america and think the entire country voted for one bad president together, anymore then when we had Tony Blaire over here.

Your also find other countries would be pissed regardless whoever won it, because america has a democracy and other countries don't have that luxury.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Gilgamesh on October 18, 2017, 01:20:58 AM
wah wah.

He didn't say anything bad. Don't care.
Of course you don't care.  You back trump.  How could you care????  trump does not care.  Except for HIM.  You seem to be just like that.  No ethics, no morals, no code of conduct, no backbone, no regard for anything but him and his.  Yeah, I bet you are exactly like that.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?