Are the .1% are shooting themselves in the foot by hording.

Started by Greatest I am, October 17, 2017, 02:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greatest I am

Are the .1% are shooting themselves in the foot by hording.

Presently, the rich preside over a demographic pyramid that is top shaped and de-stabled.

Ironically, because the rich have put themselves so far from the base, they themselves have become the most unstable part of the pyramid. This is not good for the rich.

Trickle down, an economic concept which is what we all live in, if increased would remedy the stability problem.

With the world below being de-stabilized by the rich, due to their distance from the bottom, and the rich knowing the benefits of stability, would be well advised to lower its demographic position and bring profits to the whole demography.

To the rich, with profits to all being possible, I would ask, what are you waiting for?

Regards
DL

Baruch

That is how it works ... enough money for the peasants, and you have a good economy, with just enough money for the rich to act as seed money.  Too much money for the rich, and it simply goes to waste, and the Main Street economy dries up.

But never fear, every American, every President, every Presidential Candidate is for sale to the highest bidder:

http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/355749-fbi-uncovered-russian-bribery-plot-before-obama-administration#bottom-story-socials

Hell spawn, all of them.  Can't exterminate humanity soon enough.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 17, 2017, 06:35:48 PM
That is how it works ... enough money for the peasants, and you have a good economy, with just enough money for the rich to act as seed money.  Too much money for the rich, and it simply goes to waste, and the Main Street economy dries up.

But never fear, every American, every President, every Presidential Candidate is for sale to the highest bidder:

http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/355749-fbi-uncovered-russian-bribery-plot-before-obama-administration#bottom-story-socials

Hell spawn, all of them.  Can't exterminate humanity soon enough.

And the purpose of exterminating humanity would be to get them more directly into Hell or Heaven, right?  The quicker the sooner...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 18, 2017, 01:58:27 AM
And the purpose of exterminating humanity would be to get them more directly into Hell or Heaven, right?  The quicker the sooner...

Exactly.  We theists have dibs on all the stuff in Heaven, so atheists get to pay double for everything ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 18, 2017, 07:15:11 AM
Exactly.  We theists have dibs on all the stuff in Heaven, so atheists get to pay double for everything ;-)
Which heaven?  There seem to be competing gods.  Or should that be godlets?

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 18, 2017, 09:56:24 AM
Which heaven?  There seem to be competing gods.  Or should that be godlets?

In my own domain ... you count for a lot.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Jason78

Money is like water.   It can only do work if it's moving.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Unbeliever

Exactly my thoughts on the matter. Since there is a finite amount of money in the world, the more money hoarded by the rich, the less available for everyone else. Eventually the rich will have all the money, and there will be nothing at all left for the rest of us. Then what will the world's economy be like? The economy only works if, like energy, the money can move around and do work.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on October 19, 2017, 01:51:03 PM
Exactly my thoughts on the matter. Since there is a finite amount of money in the world, the more money hoarded by the rich, the less available for everyone else. Eventually the rich will have all the money, and there will be nothing at all left for the rest of us. Then what will the world's economy be like? The economy only works if, like energy, the money can move around and do work.

Psychopaths prove, that "rational actor" economics is a sick joke.  Technically, money is liquidity, not a value in itself.  But without liquidity, there will be no buying and selling of real products/services .. without the mark of the beast.  That happened in 2008/2009 was a temporary cessation of liquidity, because all the banks, dealing with the other banks, realized they were all crooked.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 19, 2017, 06:58:57 PM
Psychopaths prove, that "rational actor" economics is a sick joke.  Technically, money is liquidity, not a value in itself.  But without liquidity, there will be no buying and selling of real products/services .. without the mark of the beast.  That happened in 2008/2009 was a temporary cessation of liquidity, because all the banks, dealing with the other banks, realized they were all crooked.

And some of us, seeing the market was severely undervalued in 2009, invested heavily and have been greatly rewarded.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 23, 2017, 03:32:19 AM
And some of us, seeing the market was severely undervalued in 2009, invested heavily and have been greatly rewarded.

Some do well, like those who invested in 1933, or better, 1940.  But you need to have not lost all your money, earlier ;-)  Once again, you are the world's greatest bear ... eh Yogi?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

fencerider

Quote from: Unbeliever on October 19, 2017, 01:51:03 PM
some of the rich are greedy enough to want it all. but it does make a problem for them. Their money would become worthless. As soon as they buy something they will no longer have all the money.

The other way to look at it is that people will only put up with so much. There are more of us than there are rich people. At some point the people will decide to take back from the rich by force.
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 23, 2017, 11:01:33 PM
Some do well, like those who invested in 1933, or better, 1940.  But you need to have not lost all your money, earlier ;-)  Once again, you are the world's greatest bear ... eh Yogi?

And I'm thinking there is a collapse of the bubble coming.  Thinking of major transfers from stocks to Govt Bonds and Certificates Of Deposit at the Credit Union.  I've gained triple and it isn't wise to be greedy.  Ironically, I think the "bears" are going to take over the markets soon.  Trumpism is going to wreck the international markets.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 27, 2017, 03:41:25 AM
And I'm thinking there is a collapse of the bubble coming.  Thinking of major transfers from stocks to Govt Bonds and Certificates Of Deposit at the Credit Union.  I've gained triple and it isn't wise to be greedy.  Ironically, I think the "bears" are going to take over the markets soon.  Trumpism is going to wreck the international markets.

Trump isn't the universe.  Not even the US Dollar is the universe.  There are lots of other vile and stupid actors out there.  And yes, there is a huge bubble, particularly in China, since 2008.  What goes up, must come down ... but when, and on who's head?  Yes, in retrospect, if one had money (I was nearly broke in 2009) one could make out well 2009-2016.  Not a bad run.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 27, 2017, 01:42:23 PM
Trump isn't the universe.  Not even the US Dollar is the universe.  There are lots of other vile and stupid actors out there.  And yes, there is a huge bubble, particularly in China, since 2008.  What goes up, must come down ... but when, and on who's head?  Yes, in retrospect, if one had money (I was nearly broke in 2009) one could make out well 2009-2016.  Not a bad run.

I wasn't broke in 2009.  And yes I did.