How the Irish Prove Racism Against Muslims Exist

Started by Shiranu, October 13, 2017, 09:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

Quote from: pr126 on January 10, 2018, 12:35:54 AM
And so are you.

Do tell, what objective facts were presented that proves America is number one?

So far, the arguments have been, "It's not as bad as other places" and, "I don't care about statistics or where we rank, we number one because it's what I believe."
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

pr126

Quote from: Shiranu on January 10, 2018, 12:58:15 AM
Do tell, what objective facts were presented that proves America is number one?

So far, the arguments have been, "It's not as bad as other places" and, "I don't care about statistics or where we rank, we number one because it's what I believe."

You do hate your country, don't you? Thanks to your Marxist "education".

But again, if America is such a bad place, why so many want to go there? Masochism?

Shiranu

QuoteYou do hate your country, don't you? Thanks to your Marxist "education".

Saying your country isn't the best in the world... backed by statistics... means you hate it...

QuoteBut again, if America is such a bad place, why are so many want to go there? Masochism?

Irrelevant af.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Blackleaf

Quote from: pr126 on January 10, 2018, 01:07:05 AM
You do hate your country, don't you? Thanks to your Marxist "education".

But again, if America is such a bad place, why so many want to go there? Masochism?

Them evil edumacators learnin them kids with their evolution and their facts. If they'd only watch more fox news, they'd know how merica is the best country in the world but is also going downhill and is terrible thanks to them forgetting god.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Hakurei Reimu

pr doesn't want the US to acknowledge that it isn't the best country in the world because acknowledging fault is the first step in correcting it, and pr wants the return of the British empire. :lol:
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Hydra009

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on January 10, 2018, 09:46:36 AM
pr doesn't want the US to acknowledge that it isn't the best country in the world because acknowledging fault is the first step in correcting it, and pr wants the return of the British empire. :lol:
I've never understood the idea of acknowledging fault as a lack of patriotism or an attack on one's country.  Pointing out this stuff is the first step in correcting it and correcting it makes the country better.  So in effect, these people are attacking patriots as unpatriotic.  It's baffling.

Cavebear

Quote from: JCM800 on January 08, 2018, 08:58:24 PM
I'm sorry. I know this thread is old, but I have to reply. I'm not sure what point the OP is trying to make, but since the whole race/Islam topic is brought up here, I have to voice my opinion.

I think there are many of us atheists who consider ourselves aligned with the belief that political-correctness regarding Islam is a bad thing. When we criticize muslims for their beliefs, we are specifically defining the word "muslim" to mean a person who practices the religion of Islam, and are in no way attacking people of Arabic ethnicity or the like.

I agree.  Recognizing that religiosity in general is not sane...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Mike Cl

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 10, 2018, 10:12:03 AM
I've never understood the idea of acknowledging fault as a lack of patriotism or an attack on one's country.  Pointing out this stuff is the first step in correcting it and correcting it makes the country better.  So in effect, these people are attacking patriots as unpatriotic.  It's baffling.
This!! 
According to some, all US soldiers have (whenever and wherever they went to fight) fought for the American way of life and all of its rights.  Yet if a person uses those 'rights' to express an opinion, then they  are a traitor and should go live somewhere else. 

A patriot is a person who supports this country right or wrong!!  Really?  That's not how the founders operated.  Revolt was the watchword of the day.  Questioning the govt. was the way to go.  So, if all those patriotic soldiers fought for our rights, then the true patriot is the one who actually uses those rights to fix the wrong things this country is doing.   
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cavebear

Quote from: Cavebear on January 10, 2018, 10:51:02 AM
Quote from: JCM800 on January 08, 2018, 08:58:24 PM
I'm sorry. I know this thread is old, but I have to reply. I'm not sure what point the OP is trying to make, but since the whole race/Islam topic is brought up here, I have to voice my opinion.

I think there are many of us atheists who consider ourselves aligned with the belief that political-correctness regarding Islam is a bad thing. When we criticize muslims for their beliefs, we are specifically defining the word "muslim" to mean a person who practices the religion of Islam, and are in no way attacking people of Arabic ethnicity or the like.

I agree.  Recognizing that religiosity in general is not sane...

Your reply is missing...

Baruch

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on January 10, 2018, 09:46:36 AM

The correction is ... extermination of all White males ... maybe all males.  I can do without any correction, thanks.

The British Empire isn't coming back, it was dying by the time he came to Britain in the 1950s.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 10, 2018, 10:12:03 AM

Neither D nor R are patriots ... same in GB.  They are useful idiots.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on January 10, 2018, 11:28:00 AM
This!! 
According to some, all US soldiers have (whenever and wherever they went to fight) fought for the American way of life and all of its rights.  Yet if a person uses those 'rights' to express an opinion, then they  are a traitor and should go live somewhere else. 

A patriot is a person who supports this country right or wrong!!  Really?  That's not how the founders operated.  Revolt was the watchword of the day.  Questioning the govt. was the way to go.  So, if all those patriotic soldiers fought for our rights, then the true patriot is the one who actually uses those rights to fix the wrong things this country is doing.   

So you support the free speech of Jefferson Davis, or Nathan Bedford Forrest?  Didn't think so.  Patriotism is for crooks, like Bible thumping.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

“Patriotism, n. Combustible rubbish ready to the torch of any one ambitious to illuminate his name. In Dr. Johnson's famous dictionary patriotism is defined as the last resort of a scoundrel. With all due respect to an enlightened but inferior lexicographer I beg to submit it is the first.”
Ambrose Bierce

America uber alles!
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 10, 2018, 02:22:01 PM
“Patriotism, n. Combustible rubbish ready to the torch of any one ambitious to illuminate his name. In Dr. Johnson's famous dictionary patriotism is defined as the last resort of a scoundrel. With all due respect to an enlightened but inferior lexicographer I beg to submit it is the first.”
Ambrose Bierce

America uber alles!

The oldest profession though ... is journalistic prostitution ... see CNN, Fox etc.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on January 10, 2018, 02:24:45 PM
The oldest profession though ... is journalistic prostitution ... see CNN, Fox etc.

Didn't there have to be an event to write about first?  Or are you limiting it to Fox News, where reporting preceeds events?