Butthurt anti-vaxxers and news reporting responsibility.

Started by trdsf, October 12, 2017, 12:56:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trdsf

So, parents are divorced, 50/50 custody, one wants their kid vaccinated and the other one doesn't.  Antivaxxer moron parent goes to jail for contempt of court for refusing to follow a court order to have the kid vaccinated; other parent takes kid for vaccinations.  Predictably, antivaxxer moron throws a hissyfit.  May those five days in jail actually stay the worst in your life, antivaxxer moron -- ever consider what the years would be like if your child died of something easily preventable?  I think not.

What really pisses me off about the article is that it's all about butthurt antivaxxer moron's feelings.  Not one single word in there about the actual science behind vaccinations, about the risks of not vaccinating your children, nothing.

I don't give a three dollar fuck about antivaxxer moron parent's feelings.  Cheers to the non-moronic parent, and to the judge.  Polite note sent to the reporter suggesting that adding a few words on the science and statistics of vaccinations would have been appropriate.

For my part -- flu shot today.  So glad to be on insurance.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

Nothing but trouble from divorce with kids ;-(  Some have it worse.  The superstitious parent (with no medical excuse) was wrong.  The court did correct the custody.

I am fortunate I have never had a bad reaction to a vaccine.  And I have to get a flu shot every year, to stay working in the medical business.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Strange but typical that the reporter thought the importance of the event was the controversy, not the science or the data.  Maybe he believes it is not the press's responsibility to educate the readership.  Unfortunately, focusing on the controversy does nothing to enlighten the ignorant. 

Hijiri Byakuren

Just more reinforcement for my belief that anti-vaxxers need to be sterilized and sent to an island colony in the Pacific.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Baruch

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on October 13, 2017, 09:13:40 AM
Just more reinforcement for my belief that anti-vaxxers need to be sterilized and sent to an island colony in the Pacific.

Democrats need a FEMA camp ... right next to the Republican FEMA camp.  Or try to use less .. inflammatory rhetoric.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on October 13, 2017, 09:13:40 AM

Those who refuse vaccinations for their children should be exiled for the safety of the rest of us.  I hear the Arctic is warming nicely.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 18, 2017, 01:45:50 AM
Those who refuse vaccinations for their children should be exiled for the safety of the rest of us.  I hear the Arctic is warming nicely.

People who vote for X, should be exiled ... corrected it for you, hater.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 18, 2017, 07:31:57 AM
People who vote for X, should be exiled ... corrected it for you, hater.

Well, for the public health, I would be willing to help all the anti-vaccinators move to some isolated place were they won't "plague" us further and can all die on their own. 

That makes me a hater?

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 18, 2017, 07:49:00 AM
Well, for the public health, I would be willing to help all the anti-vaccinators move to some isolated place were they won't "plague" us further and can all die on their own. 

That makes me a hater?

You and the other political actors are meme plagues all your own.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 18, 2017, 07:26:53 PM
You and the other political actors are meme plagues all your own.

And that has WHAT to do about vaccines?

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 23, 2017, 04:14:44 AM
And that has WHAT to do about vaccines?

This isn't really about science.  It is about hate, and acting politically about it.  Even if everyone was vaccinated, haters hate, and want to act out their autistic rage.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 23, 2017, 11:28:14 PM
This isn't really about science.  It is about hate, and acting politically about it.  Even if everyone was vaccinated, haters hate, and want to act out their autistic rage.

"Autistic rage"?