News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Genuinely curious

Started by GrinningYMIR, October 12, 2017, 07:53:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on October 18, 2017, 10:56:55 AM
So you'd rather go to an anti cop argument rather then address specifically what this post is about. Just to be clear. You're on the anti cop arguement to the point where you refuse to discuss or perhaps even fathom an event where a police officer is warranted or forced to use wounding or deadly force.

I am not anti-cop.  I am anti-murder.  If you wish to discuss one event, please feel free to do so.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

GrinningYMIR

Aha now we're getting somewhere. Yes this was intended to address this single event, and the use of deadly force . Keep in mind of what this woman was doing and what she was capable of doing and tell me how they could have stopped her at that moment without deadly force as you would wish and I would gladly listen

If I need to rewrite the facts so you can see them I can do
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Cavebear

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on October 18, 2017, 11:04:55 AM
Aha now we're getting somewhere. Yes this was intended to address this single event, and the use of deadly force . Keep in mind of what this woman was doing and what she was capable of doing and tell me how they could have stopped her at that moment without deadly force as you would wish and I would gladly listen

If I need to rewrite the facts so you can see them I can do

You fail to understand.  You wish to use some specific event to demonstrate a broad view, and I really don't care.  You are attempting to use an anectdotal example to make some claim, and I'm simply not going to pay attention to it.  Complain all you want.  But provide a few dozen examples and I might.

GrinningYMIR

I could do just that, and you are the one complaining mr. High and mighty. You read my post and decided to post something that was in no way an answer to a question I asked and even went so far as to claim I was attempting to use one event to justify everhting which is wrong. Bad boy.

I said in this specific event was it justified and you refused to answer that. Blatantly. And the fact that you're still here means you do care. You softy you.
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Cavebear

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on October 18, 2017, 11:12:46 AM
I could do just that, and you are the one complaining mr. High and mighty. You read my post and decided to post something that was in no way an answer to a question I asked and even went so far as to claim I was attempting to use one event to justify everhting which is wrong. Bad boy.

I said in this specific event was it justified and you refused to answer that. Blatantly. And the fact that you're still here means you do care. You softy you.

No.  I'm still here because you insist that I play an argument game I don't care about and it amuses me.

Let's say you present the best argument you can about whatever it is you are arguing for, and I'll read it and reply.

GrinningYMIR

I'm not arguing anything besides the fact that you have yet to answer the question i originally proposed, you went off on a tangent

Cavebear

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on October 18, 2017, 11:27:49 AM
I'm not arguing anything besides the fact that you have yet to answer the question i originally proposed, you went off on a tangent

I don't feel like reading the original long post.  Express it succintly and I'll discuss it.

GrinningYMIR

Based on what the woman had already done and was continuing to do was the officer who shot her justified or required to shoot her

Cavebear

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on October 18, 2017, 12:32:52 PM
Based on what the woman had already done and was continuing to do was the officer who shot her justified or required to shoot her

Who
What
When
Where?

GrinningYMIR

Woman ran over a police officer, while she was drunk and hitting cars on the side of the road. While narrowly avoiding some pedestrians and almost hitting more. Then attempted to flee the scene after the officers tried to apprehend her without violence, then she ran one over. And the other officer shot her to death after this

Cavebear

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on October 18, 2017, 12:45:23 PM
Woman ran over a police officer, while she was drunk and hitting cars on the side of the road. While narrowly avoiding some pedestrians and almost hitting more. Then attempted to flee the scene after the officers tried to apprehend her without violence, then she ran one over. And the other officer shot her to death after this

Given those as facts?  Blow her away.  She was killable the moment she tried to kill anyone with her car.  If those are the facts.

See that was easy.

GrinningYMIR

That sounds all I was asking the whole time
Nothing more nothing less

Cavebear

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on October 18, 2017, 01:56:43 PM
That sounds all I was asking the whole time
Nothing more nothing less

Your focus wasn't my focus...  Get used to it.  LOL!

Blackleaf

A sad event, but I can't really fault the cop in this case. I doubt she meant to kill anyone, but she shouldn't have been driving drunk, and trying to escape arrest is not a good idea. I can't really imagine any way the situation could have been handled better.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 18, 2017, 08:00:45 AM
And the numbers are wrong by definition.  More whites are killed, but not innocent ones.  It is a false equivalency to compare a bank robber killed in a firefight with a black guy sitting in a car.  Don't be insultingly stupid about that.  There is a difference between "arrested while white" and "shot for being black".

Yes, all Whites are devils ... go to Nation of Islam meetings much?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.