The "Antifa" Boogieman/Media Focus on Violence During Protests

Started by Shiranu, October 06, 2017, 01:40:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on November 08, 2017, 07:27:41 PM
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/11/pushes-conspiracy-theories-texas-attack-171107220808987.html

Talks about how, after tragedies (or even during "regular" times), the alt-right has taken to photoshopping that the criminal in question has links to Antifa and spreading it across the web... the article also points out that Russia Today, a site that some liberals get their information about America on, also is furthering the narrative that these attacks are orchestrated by Antifa when there is either no evidence or it is an out-right lie that that is the case.

Pravda = NYT, Tass = Washington Post.

But if you like anti-Fa ... go join it.  Same as any other Jonestown kool-aid group.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Not believing lies about someone doesn't mean you like them.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on November 08, 2017, 07:54:43 PM
Not believing lies about someone doesn't mean you like them.

Voters need to stop wanting to be lied to.  Then the lies will stop.  Also stop blaming politicians for everything, the voters aren't innocent.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Quote from: Baruch on November 09, 2017, 05:33:08 AM
Voters need to stop wanting to be lied to.  Then the lies will stop.  Also stop blaming politicians for everything, the voters aren't innocent.

The alt-right isn't politicians (yet).
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on November 09, 2017, 07:37:01 AM
The alt-right isn't politicians (yet).

MSM = alt-left (except for Fox).  It is all ... alt-X ... cointelpro for CIA etc.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Shiranu on November 08, 2017, 07:27:41 PM
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/11/pushes-conspiracy-theories-texas-attack-171107220808987.html

Talks about how, after tragedies (or even during "regular" times), the alt-right has taken to photoshopping that the criminal in question has links to Antifa and spreading it across the web... the article also points out that Russia Today, a site that some liberals get their information about America on, also is furthering the narrative that these attacks are orchestrated by Antifa when there is either no evidence or it is an out-right lie that that is the case.

I can surely say that Russia Today, a most obvious propaganda tool of the Russian Government has no effect on me whatsoever.  Same with the China version.  It amazes me that anyone could be so gullible to pay attention to either.  And I hope no one does.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 11, 2017, 01:44:07 AM
I can surely say that Russia Today, a most obvious propaganda tool of the Russian Government has no effect on me whatsoever.  Same with the China version.  It amazes me that anyone could be so gullible to pay attention to either.  And I hope no one does.

Only the useful idiots are influenced.  But then NYT and Washington Post are the American equivalents.  I ignore them too.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on November 11, 2017, 02:14:17 AM
Only the useful idiots are influenced.  But then NYT and Washington Post are the American equivalents.  I ignore them too.

I will place Washington Post facts against Russia Today claims any day on any subject at any time.  The former is researched and dedicated to accuracy.  The latter is an utter fact-free instrument of a foreign government known to use disinformation for political ends.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 11, 2017, 02:22:45 AM
I will place Washington Post facts against Russia Today claims any day on any subject at any time.  The former is researched and dedicated to accuracy.  The latter is an utter fact-free instrument of a foreign government known to use disinformation for political ends.

You are a scoundrel who wraps himself in the flag .. but doesn't beat a Bible ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on November 11, 2017, 02:26:17 AM
You are a scoundrel who wraps himself in the flag .. but doesn't beat a Bible ;-)

Wrapping myself in the flag would be the easy way to go.  I demand more of myself than that.  Fact-checked information, thoughtfulness, uncertainty.

I have never said "my country, right or wrong".  I say my country when it is right and correct things when it is wrong.

I request an apology for "scoundrel"...  I might be the most consistently ethical and rational person you have ever met.  You just really don't like the idea that an atheist (or any such person) like that exists.

It offends your sense that we are all sinners, doesn't it?

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 11, 2017, 02:35:55 AM
Wrapping myself in the flag would be the easy way to go.  I demand more of myself than that.  Fact-checked information, thoughtfulness, uncertainty.

I have never said "my country, right or wrong".  I say my country when it is right and correct things when it is wrong.

I request an apology for "scoundrel"...  I might be the most consistently ethical and rational person you have ever met.  You just really don't like the idea that an atheist (or any such person) like that exists.

It offends your sense that we are all sinners, doesn't it?

Scoundrel as in "Snidely Whiplash".  Otherwise, yes, an apology, you big softy you.  And no, everyone isn't a sinner.  There is no sin.  Just stupid megafauna.  At least microbes have an excuse (no nervous system).  Well, our country has done plenty bad things, in our own lifetime, not just in the distant past.  I have to find a way to get my head around that ... again and again.  I am too old to be Shiranu.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on November 11, 2017, 02:37:59 AM
Scoundrel as in "Snidely Whiplash".  Otherwise, yes, an apology, you big softy you.  And no, everyone isn't a sinner.  There is no sin.  Just stupid megafauna.  At least microbes have an excuse (no nervous system).  Well, our country has done plenty bad things, in our own lifetime, not just in the distant past.  I have to find a way to get my head around that ... again and again.  I am too old to be Shiranu.

"There is no sin"  I am amazed you say that.  Religion depends of the concept of sin, original or new.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 11, 2017, 02:51:09 AM
"There is no sin"  I am amazed you say that.  Religion depends of the concept of sin, original or new.

Your view of religion, and people ... is too narrow.  You are never too old to learn, are you?

I have stated before that I accept self and mutually destructive behavior.  I don't like it, but I have to accept it, as a fact.  So why bother with sin, morals, ethics, laws ... it is all bullshit, unless you are part of the injustice system.  I am sick and tired of the virtue signaling.  People do whatever they want to do, and rationalize the be-jesus out of it.  Either their actions are supported by "the rules" or they are not.  And they come up with a thousand reasons for selective interpretation if it isn't supported.  And get all smug if it is supported.

And yes, an orthodox Jew wouldn't post like I do ... but then I admit to being a heretic.  I just hate being clueless or hypocritical.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on November 11, 2017, 10:31:33 AM
Your view of religion, and people ... is to narrow.  You are never too old to learn, are you?

I have stated before that I accept self and mutually destructive behavior.  I don't like it, but I have to accept it, as a fact.  So why bother with sin, morals, ethics, laws ... it is all bullshit, unless you are part of the injustice system.

If there is no sin (human weakness, needs, injustice), who needs a deity?  I'm not being flippant.  Humans all seem to pray to a divinity for assistance.  If none is needed, really why would anyone pray? 

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 11, 2017, 10:36:00 AM
If there is no sin (human weakness, needs, injustice), who needs a deity?  I'm not being flippant.  Humans all seem to pray to a divinity for assistance.  If none is needed, really why would anyone pray?

I don't have a sky daddy.  Again, your model while common, is too narrow.  And prayer can be for assistance, but that is a vain prayer.  G-d is an asshole ... even Jupiter was seen as such in Roman paganism.  You think that the pagan Romans didn't yuck it up about prayer?

Prayer is about auto-hypnosis.  It isn't about changing G-d, it is about changing yourself ... into something more positive.  The macrocosm as a person makes sense to me, though not as obvious compared to each microcosm is a person (not a thing).  But that doesn't make the macrocosm (not universe), the sum total of all of humanity in space and time (think Omega Point of Teilhard de Chardin) isn't your fishing buddy.  Though more accurately the macrocosm is the sum total of life ... it is Life.  Human social behavior, including religious behavior, is a lot of dysfunction.  Like putting all your money on Lotto tickets because one has a gambling addiction.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.