The "Antifa" Boogieman/Media Focus on Violence During Protests

Started by Shiranu, October 06, 2017, 01:40:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on November 01, 2017, 02:52:55 PM
Ask George Soros'  accountant. ;>)

There is no evidence, if D party people are guilty.  There is no evidence that the Vietnam war ever occurred ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

pr126

I remember those demonstrations against the Vietnam War.
Now, after 16 years in Afghanistan why not?

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on November 01, 2017, 09:01:40 PM
The American people are going to get a dictatorship, whether they want one or not.  And even those who want a dictatorship, aren't getting the dictator they want.  Dust bin of history is upon us.

there are certain americans who believe they are under a dictatorship now with the current presidency.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

trdsf

Quote from: Munch on November 02, 2017, 10:00:58 AM
there are certain americans who believe they are under a dictatorship now with the current presidency.
I wouldn't say we're there, but it's pretty obvious he'd like to be a dictator, even that he thinks he already is.  Seems pretty evident from his demonstrated lack of understanding of how our government (theoretically) works -- he appears to think it's by tweeted diktat.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on November 02, 2017, 10:00:58 AM

They are ... but they are Rip Van Winkle ... this has been going on for over 200 years.  But as snowflakes, I hate to think of their suffering, going from a mere hangnail, to a actual goose-step-o-rama.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on November 02, 2017, 12:25:45 AM
I remember those demonstrations against the Vietnam War.
Now, after 16 years in Afghanistan why not?

Very good one.  The Left loves warmongering, as long as they are the one's who get to do it.  Apparently war mongering for opium, to be sold into Russia, is hippie.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on November 02, 2017, 01:28:14 PM
I wouldn't say we're there, but it's pretty obvious he'd like to be a dictator, even that he thinks he already is.  Seems pretty evident from his demonstrated lack of understanding of how our government (theoretically) works -- he appears to think it's by tweeted diktat.

Trump thinks that, as President, he should be in charge of all parts of government.  This is routine for all all authoritarians.  A drive for complete control seems to be inherent to his nature.

His lack of understanding of the structure of govt does not bother him as it is just an impediment to complete control.  He wants to change government to suit his management.

I don't want to go too far on this concern, as the very structure of the US government is designed to thwart to success of wannabe dictators.  But he IS trying...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 04, 2017, 01:18:19 AM
Trump thinks that, as President, he should be in charge of all parts of government.  This is routine for all all authoritarians.  A drive for complete control seems to be inherent to his nature.

His lack of understanding of the structure of govt does not bother him as it is just an impediment to complete control.  He wants to change government to suit his management.

I don't want to go too far on this concern, as the very structure of the US government is designed to thwart to success of wannabe dictators.  But he IS trying...

The government is caged by the CIA (Pretorian Guard).  Don't worry, if a Caligula becomes Emperor, they will deal with it, but only after they are paid off by all sides.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on November 04, 2017, 10:34:20 AM
The government is caged by the CIA (Pretorian Guard).  Don't worry, if a Caligula becomes Emperor, they will deal with it, but only after they are paid off by all sides.

A Pretorian Guard would be as dangerous as a Emperor.  They created most of them.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 07, 2017, 04:42:44 AM
A Pretorian Guard would be as dangerous as a Emperor.  They created most of them.

Exactly.  It is difficult to purge the people who put you in office (see Claudius).  We have had a Pretorian Guard since the FBI was created, subsequently augmented by the CIA and the rest of the three letter alphabet.  Now even the dog catcher department has their own cop division.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on November 07, 2017, 06:53:08 AM
Exactly.  It is difficult to purge the people who put you in office (see Claudius).  We have had a Pretorian Guard since the FBI was created, subsequently augmented by the CIA and the rest of the three letter alphabet.  Now even the dog catcher department has their own cop division.

Your last few sentences are mostly conspiracy nonsense.  The FBI and CIA are under a lot more control than you imagine.  And we don't even HAVE a dogcatcher in my county.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 07, 2017, 07:03:17 AM
Your last few sentences are mostly conspiracy nonsense.  The FBI and CIA are under a lot more control than you imagine.  And we don't even HAVE a dogcatcher in my county.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/376053/united-states-swat-john-fund

Yes, the Rothschilds control the FBI and CIA.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on November 07, 2017, 07:46:39 AM
And I suppose you think man has never walked on the moon?  Are you really that bad off?

Actually the astronauts kind of bounced around ... walking isn't a good description.  But you already knew that.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/11/pushes-conspiracy-theories-texas-attack-171107220808987.html

Talks about how, after tragedies (or even during "regular" times), the alt-right has taken to photoshopping that the criminal in question has links to Antifa and spreading it across the web... the article also points out that Russia Today, a site that some liberals get their information about America on, also is furthering the narrative that these attacks are orchestrated by Antifa when there is either no evidence or it is an out-right lie that that is the case.

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur