The "Antifa" Boogieman/Media Focus on Violence During Protests

Started by Shiranu, October 06, 2017, 01:40:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pr126

Make believe "anti-fascist" are fighting make-believe nazis.
A macabre show set up by Soros and the left to destabilize America. 

A replay of the 1930's Europe? Where does it lead? 

Baruch

Yeah, my grandfather fought Nazis too, in N Africa, and had to take a swim when his troopship was sunk by Nazis while making its way from Tunisia to Egypt.  Remember ... narcissism, LARPing, virtue signaling ... define the new generation.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Quote from: chill98 on October 06, 2017, 11:19:01 AM
Antifa is a violent group known for hijacking organized protests.  They are not the first group to use the cover of legitimate protest to inflict violence, nor will they be the last.  But violence is their method of protest and should be shut down.

Why this attempt to deflect?

https://www.democraticleader.gov/newsroom/82917/

http://www.newsweek.com/are-antifa-terrorists-658396

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/formally-recognize-antifa-terrorist-organization-0

I'm sorry, but no one is trying to deflect. What is being said in the video is that it is a group that has been vastly over-reported on compared to how much they have actually done in reality, creating a boogieman out of a politically irrelevant group. Compare the amount of crime and political policy influenced by white supremacists, now compare that to Antifa. It's like comparing the socio-political impact of Neo-Nazis to third graders. They just don't compete.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Shiranu

Quote from: Gilgamesh on October 07, 2017, 05:19:59 AM
"Some."

Lol.

Antifa is inherently violent. They want a revolution. They are communists. And no, calling them commies isn't just a scare tactic - it's just a fact of the matter; that's literally what they are.

They have also been labeled a terrorist organisation by homeland security.

Agreed. They are also inherently irrelevant atm because name one political policy that has been influenced by them, and compare the number of crimes committed by far-left radicals like Antifa to the amount of crimes committed by far-right groups like the Neo-Nazis, White Supremacists and groups they ostensibly are directly opposing. The media, particularly alt-right conservatism, wants to heavily push this narrative that they are basically the same as the far right (as you can see in this thread), but that ignores, rather intentionally and deceivingly, one stupidly crucial bit of information... the white supremacists and alt-right has political power in the House, in the Senate and most disturbingly all the way up to the President of the United States.

Tell me, how many politicians are directly influenced by Antifa policy in the American government?

People want to say it's some grand conspiracy, ohhhh it's George Soros... bullshit. "Antifa" as we see protesting is mainly a direct consequence of American policy being increasingly leaning to the right. That doesn't make their action justified, no more than saying ISIS is a direct result of crimes by America and the West makes ISIS the good  guys, but you cant change reality just because you want to make the narrative scarier and like it's some type of grand conspiracy involving the whole world out to get "you". That's not realistically how politics or the world works. Rather it's just a mix of violent blowback to the alt-right influence on our government and idiots who would be violent on the left or the right doing violent things. But that doesn't make Antifa representative of the liberal movement anymore than Neo Nazis are representative of the right as a whole.

If it is acceptable to label an extremely marginal group such as Antifa as representative of liberals, the left, whoever... then it is acceptable to therefor consider Neo Nazis and White Supremacists, a slightly less marginal but still super niche section of the right wing, as representative of all Conservatives. That is stupid as fuck.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

chill98

The definition of DEFLECT:

Quote from: Shiranu on October 07, 2017, 10:08:20 AM
Compare the amount of crime and political policy influenced by white supremacists, now compare that to Antifa. It's like comparing the socio-political impact of Neo-Nazis to third graders. They just don't compete.

Shiranu

Quote from: chill98 on October 07, 2017, 10:24:04 AM
The definition of DEFLECT:

How is that a deflection? I literally post several paragraphs saying why they are just as bad as the violent right. A deflection would be trying to change the topic instead of addressing what was said. But the fact that I have to explain this is in itself a response to an attempted deflection of the point; that Antifa are completely and utterly irrelevant in comparison to how the media portrays them. That has been the point since post one.

Making this about Antifa is a deflection from the point that the media has vastly overblown their relevance. Literally what you just posted was a text book definition of a deflection, of not addressing anything I said and just saying, "Well, such and such and so and so...". You cant have literally zero response to my comment, start a new train of thought, and in that new train of thought say the other person is deflecting. If there was an example of deflecting in a textbook, that would be a contender for the example they would give.

I really don't get you people sometimes; even when I agree with you, I am in the wrong. It starts to feel like yall are less interested in reality and more about just beating your chest and talking about how terrible everyone else is, and just sulking in your, "Oh, the world is terrible and out to get me!" b.s. . That, or just by default that I lean further left than yall, my opinion must be inherently wrong and called out... even if my opinion happens to agree with yours.

Honestly. If it's just an issue of disagreeing with me because I am the "other side", then just be honest and say that and let's just cut the bullshit, because it's getting sad at this point the more and more I realise how often I have actually agreed with yall on some core issues, but you still want to act like we are enemies even when I state that agreement.

pr126

"White supremacist" is a meme by propaganda.
Part and parcel of white guilt, self-loathing, and for the destruction of western civilization.
And who is doing this wholesale demoralization, accusations? Oddly enough, white people.

I do not see any other race, ethnicity, or group of people on the planet presently described by white people as supremacist.  Or describe them selves as such.

Except, look at this:  Quran 3:110

Yusuf Ali: Ye are the best of peoples evolved for mankind enjoining what is right forbidding what is wrong and believing in Allah.
And yes, Muslims are taught from infancy that they are superior to non-Muslims by virtue of their religion.

Are white people the problem?

Shiranu

Quote"White supremacist" is a meme by propaganda.

Bull. Fucking. Shit. Just once in your life, can you say something you didn't pull out of your ass about something you know nothing about.

Seriously, when it comes to American culture you have proven yourself completely and utterly clueless time and time again. Come live here in the south for a year, a month, even a week and then try to repeat that sentence with a straight face.

QuoteI do not see any other race, ethnicity, or group of people on the planet presently described by white people as supremacist. 

The Chinese are notoriously bad at considering themselves superior. It's less about skin colour and more to do with who is the dominate group of the empire. For Americans, it's WASPs, in China it's people of Han descent.

Does that make me have Han guilt to say that they oppress ethnic minorities in China, Tibet, etc. ... even though I'm not of Han, or even Chinese, descent?

We talk about whites in America and the west because "whites" (and only a certain segment of them) make up the majority. It's the same shit of bringing up women's rights and going, "How dare you not talk about guy issues too!". Same shit, same obnoxious.

Shiranu

We only read news from English speaking sources, so we think we are the centre of the world. But look at the Castilians and the Catalonian violence, look at ethnic minorities in Eastern Europe, look at literally all of Africa... this idea that there is an ethnic majority that oppressors minorities is not even remotely a white only thing. That is, once again, your utter ignorance speaking.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on October 07, 2017, 10:08:20 AM
I'm sorry, but no one is trying to deflect. What is being said in the video is that it is a group that has been vastly over-reported on compared to how much they have actually done in reality, creating a boogieman out of a politically irrelevant group. Compare the amount of crime and political policy influenced by white supremacists, now compare that to Antifa. It's like comparing the socio-political impact of Neo-Nazis to third graders. They just don't compete.

Yes, but these groups are cat's paws for Deep State factions.  They are part of crafting a Narrative.  It is all fake news.  Until the nukes fall, and Agenda 21 is accomplished ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Then it's all the more important to not blow them out of proportion.

AllPurposeAtheist

You say you want a revolution....
They're almost always violent. Revolutions don't happen when a bunch of nice people sit around holding hands deciding things have to radically change for the better or worse.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Shiranu

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on October 07, 2017, 01:16:31 PM
They're almost always violent. Revolutions don't happen when a bunch of nice people sit around holding hands deciding things have to radically change for the better or worse.

Worked pretty well for MLK and Ghandi. There were violent civil rights activists and indian nationalists, sure, but we don't lump those violent factions into the main movement. Nor the women's or LGBT movements.

Baruch

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on October 07, 2017, 01:16:31 PM

The nice people were sitting in Parisian salons, sipping wine, when the trundle came for them, to take them to the Plac De Concorde ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on October 07, 2017, 02:09:46 PM
Worked pretty well for MLK and Ghandi. There were violent civil rights activists and indian nationalists, sure, but we don't lump those violent factions into the main movement. Nor the women's or LGBT movements.

Non-revolutions, just like Washington's.  MLK and Gandhi were both killed before the real revolution could start.  You are completely taken in my Jesse Jackson and Nehru.  MLK is nothing in the US today, just a Deep State-safe statue.  Bernie came close, but he was cock-blocked by Hillary.  Gandhi is less than nothing in India.  The party that his assassin belonged to, is the governing party there.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.