If you think an ideology or religion is immoral and evil, should you actively op

Started by Greatest I am, October 05, 2017, 09:34:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greatest I am

Quote from: Cavebear on October 11, 2017, 10:44:27 AM
I should hesitate to say I dislike new theists since I am just celebrating my anniversary here.  But I do. 

The discussion is getting so weird I can't tell theists from the atheists lately.

I have the same problem.

I draw the line at supernatural belief and whether someone is an idol worshiper or a God seeker on the religious side.

Regards
DL

Cavebear

Quote from: Greatest I am on October 11, 2017, 12:08:53 PM
I have the same problem.

I draw the line at supernatural belief and whether someone is an idol worshiper or a God seeker on the religious side.

Regards
DL

The line is drawn, but which side do you stand?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Greatest I am

Quote from: Cavebear on October 11, 2017, 01:25:31 PM
The line is drawn, but which side do you stand?

I reject all things supernatural.

Gnostic Christians are esoteric ecumenists and perpetual seekers.

Like Karaite Jews, we place man above God. And why not, they are all man made.

I think that Gnostic Christianity is the only ideology that can be a bridge between atheists or non-believers and believers.

That fact was what scared the hell out of ancie3nt Christianity and governments and that is why we had to die.

When both sides hate you, you will know you are on the right path.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGLdJIh3-3U

Regards
DL

Cavebear

Quote from: Greatest I am on October 11, 2017, 02:17:02 PM
I reject all things supernatural.

Gnostic Christians are esoteric ecumenists and perpetual seekers.

Like Karaite Jews, we place man above God. And why not, they are all man made.

I think that Gnostic Christianity is the only ideology that can be a bridge between atheists or non-believers and believers.

That fact was what scared the hell out of ancie3nt Christianity and governments and that is why we had to die.

When both sides hate you, you will know you are on the right path.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGLdJIh3-3U

Regards
DL

You should talk to Baruch more often.  Feel free to confuse each other.  However, by my merely saying that, Baruch will probably have to agree with you.

Greatest I am

Quote from: Cavebear on October 11, 2017, 02:24:29 PM
You should talk to Baruch more often.  Feel free to confuse each other.  However, by my merely saying that, Baruch will probably have to agree with you.

He and I agree on most things. Surprising as I see him as above my pay scale. Mind you, the odd time I have to ignore a few of his analogues connections and just cherry pick what I recognize from his wealth of knowledge. What I badly put in three sentences, he would perhaps take 3 chapters to say the same thing. That is not a complaint. It is just showing the complexity of his delivery as compared to mine. Our thinking is close on many issues.

Regards
DL

Cavebear

Quote from: Greatest I am on October 11, 2017, 02:38:49 PM
He and I agree on most things. Surprising as I see him as above my pay scale. Mind you, the odd time I have to ignore a few of his analogues connections and just cherry pick what I recognize from his wealth of knowledge. What I badly put in three sentences, he would perhaps take 3 chapters to say the same thing. That is not a complaint. It is just showing the complexity of his delivery as compared to mine. Our thinking is close on many issues.

Regards
DL

Good.  Please run away together and stop bothering us.  You can whisper sweet sentences and paragraphs to each other.  Ask Munch how that works...

Greatest I am

Quote from: Cavebear on October 11, 2017, 02:45:54 PM
Good.  Please run away together and stop bothering us.  You can whisper sweet sentences and paragraphs to each other.  Ask Munch how that works...

Thanks for that disingenuous reply dick wad.

I am a net bully but usually do not show such undeserved ignorance.

Regards
DL

Cavebear

Quote from: Greatest I am on October 11, 2017, 02:50:01 PM

Regards
DL

But I recognized you for it from the start, and you deserved it.  Thank me later...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 11, 2017, 10:44:27 AM
I should hesitate to say I dislike new theists since I am just celebrating my anniversary here.  But I do. 

The discussion is getting so weird I can't tell theists from the atheists lately.

Awesome.  When you can no longer tell, or care, if your fur is on the outside or the inside ... you have arrived!  Bear-Zen.

GIA and I are very close to secular.  Neither of us fit the Evangelical Christian bug-bear that some of you are so familiar with.  GIA would say ... choose an ideal god, as an idol, to pull you forward to better things.  Fight against lesser idols.  I would say, no idols for me (Jewish side of me).  Look at life as it is, with all the horror.  Like Rick in Rick & Morty.  In other words, GIA is a psychology based progressive ... without the epistemological fundamentalism.  He is pragmatic in his way, not an ideologue.

I am just like him, psychology based, but not a progressive, a realist.  There are good days, there are bad days ... but don't overestimate how much you can force reality to give you more good days, because you are just road kill on the highway of life.  Just because things seem to be better now than 500 years ago, is just prejudice.  Just because I would tend to prefer my own time, isn't proof either.  We get the cards we are dealt.  Put your shekels into the pot and play, or fold.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on October 11, 2017, 10:55:10 AM
If atheism is a belief system, then not collecting stamps is a hobby.

And it is a shitty hobby too ;-)

Actually anything you or I think, is bias, is prejudice ... it is worse than a belief system.  At least a belief system has some order (system) to it.  Real facts have no order, it is chaos, other than the dragons in the cloud shape view of reality that most people think is real.  Cosmos is the worst title for any show ever ... humans disprove it.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Gia - I reject all things supernatural.

I reject the fake dualities of the human mind, if I had to give a label to reality, I call it supernatural, but that isn't how modern people take the term, it is how ancient people took the term.  Ancient people didn't have a word for natural, or a word for religion.  "Natural" was a term invented by atheists, to set into opposition to "supernatural".  I don't accept this gambit.  Ancients simply said what they were doing was "life" ... not "religion" vs "everything else as defined by modern schizoids".

GIA - When both sides hate you, you will know you are on the right path.

You are ready to leave the Shao-lin temple.  Just don't be the star on a syndicated TV show ;-)

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Greatest I am on October 11, 2017, 02:50:01 PM

Regards
DL

Calm down .. only Cavebear is allowed to bully.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 11, 2017, 02:24:29 PM

We are old friends.  Been on two previous forums together.  But never at the same time .. hmmm
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Greatest I am

Quote from: Baruch on October 11, 2017, 07:36:05 PM

You are ready to leave the Shao-lin temple.  Just don't be the star on a syndicated TV show ;-)

Given that opportunity, I think I would take it with the caveat that I would remain anonymous as I would want to be seen as every man and every woman and stay without an image so that the words would matter and be the focus and not my inherited handsomeness.   

Like the old Gods, I would want to be seen as androgynous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST86JM1RPl0

I wish to rule the world, like all people should. Why?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMxX-QOV9tI

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

Quote from: Baruch on October 11, 2017, 07:36:05 PM
Gia - I reject all things supernatural.

I reject the fake dualities of the human mind, if I had to give a label to reality, I call it supernatural, but that isn't how modern people take the term, it is how ancient people took the term.  Ancient people didn't have a word for natural, or a word for religion.  "Natural" was a term invented by atheists, to set into opposition to "supernatural".  I don't accept this gambit.  Ancients simply said what they were doing was "life" ... not "religion" vs "everything else as defined by modern schizoids".

Words of wisdom.

We need to return to the older wiser way of thinking of God.

http://bigthink.com/videos/what-is-god-2-2

God should remain something or someone that is sough, but if found, held close, but rejected the moment a better view or ideal is found.

Regards
DL