News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The hypocrisy, it also burns.

Started by trdsf, October 05, 2017, 03:19:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trdsf

So a day after voting in favor of a GOP bill to criminalize abortions after the 20th week, Pennsylvania Republican Tim Murphy announces he's not running for re-election after it came out that he pressured the also-married woman with whom he was having an extramarital affair to have an abortion when they thought she was pregnant.  And then blamed his anti-choice tweets on his staff.

How are those family values working out for you, Tim-me-lad?
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Unbeliever

Who'd ever have thought a Republican could be a hypocrite!?  :wtf:
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Hydra009

Quote from: Unbeliever on October 05, 2017, 04:53:13 PM
Who'd ever have thought a Republican could be a hypocrite!?  :wtf:
For real.  Hypocrisy has been their guiding light of late.  Family values, pro life, fiscally conservative, drain the swamp, etc.  The rhetoric and the actual behavior are polar opposites.

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on October 05, 2017, 03:19:44 PM
So a day after voting in favor of a GOP bill to criminalize abortions after the 20th week, Pennsylvania Republican Tim Murphy announces he's not running for re-election after it came out that he pressured the also-married woman with whom he was having an extramarital affair to have an abortion when they thought she was pregnant.  And then blamed his anti-choice tweets on his staff.

How are those family values working out for you, Tim-me-lad?

Republican personal hypocrisy is nothing new.  It it is almost routine.  And I don't support Democrats who are hypocrites, either. 

The difference is that the Republicans circle the wagons and protects their sinners.  The Democrats just abandon theirs to the wolves.  And circling the wagons to protect the guilty isn't a Good Thing!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!