News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Bible panic.

Started by pr126, October 04, 2017, 02:40:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pr126

‘Doomsday preacher’ on Wimbledon train causes passengers to flee
QuoteHundreds of thousands of commuters experienced major disruption during rush hour on Monday morning after passengers evacuated themselves from a train in London and spilled on to the track because they feared a fellow passenger was acting erratically.

The incident, which took place at about 8.30am just outside Wimbledon station on a South Western Railway train running from Shepperton to Waterloo, forced Network Rail to switch off power in the area, causing long delays.

Ian O’Sullivan, 42, who was in the same carriage as the passenger, said a man with a rucksack began reading what appeared to be extracts from the Old Testament, when the train stopped at a red light outside the south-west London rail station.

“He was quite well spoken and calm,” he said. “He said: ‘Ladies and gentlemen, I’d like to talk to you about something and that something is the word of the Lord, Jesus Christ. He’s here to heal your sins. The Bible tells you that homosexuality is a sin and sex before marriage is a sin. You need to repent’.”

Other passengers said the man referred to “doomsday” and the afterlife.

O’Sullivan, a marketing consultant, said he did not find the man threatening, but people started pushing and shoving, with another passenger warning the man that he was scaring people.

“It suddenly became a Chinese whisper and [there was] panic,” he said. “It was quite a full train, but the area around him was suddenly quite empty.”

Some people prised open the doors and went on to the tracks.

O’Sullivan said the train’s guard came over the public address system asking people what they were doing on the tracks and warning them that they could die if they touched a rail.

“We could hear a woman [outside] saying there’s a man and he’s going to kill everybody,” he said. “But everybody in the carriage said he never said that.”

He said the guard came to the carriage, spoke to the now “sheepish” man and searched his bag, but found only a water flask and books.

“The guard did a brilliant job of trying to keep things under control,” O’Sullivan said. “He established pretty quickly that there wasn’t a threat.”
LOL.

Unbeliever

I think those people may have seen the movie Pulp Fiction, and remember Samuel L. Jackson's role as the Bible-spouting murderer Jules Winnfield.

They may be right to be afraid - very afraid.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Cavebear

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 04, 2017, 02:51:10 PM
Some of the theists are crazy enough.  Why SHOULDN'T the passengers be concerned?

A brave man dies only once ... and sometimes only on the Ides of March.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on October 04, 2017, 02:45:52 PM
I think those people may have seen the movie Pulp Fiction, and remember Samuel L. Jackson's role as the Bible-spouting murderer Jules Winnfield.

They may be right to be afraid - very afraid.

I fear atheists in the Lubyanka prison ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 04, 2017, 09:50:49 PM
I frear atheists in the Lubyanka prison ;-(

If they are imprisoned, why do you fear them?

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 08, 2017, 02:53:22 AM
If they are imprisoned, why do you fear them?

They are the ones in charge, oh capitalist bear.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 08, 2017, 05:47:51 PM
They are the ones in charge, oh capitalist bear.

You "frear [sic] atheists in the Lubyanka prison" because they are "the ones in charge"?  That doesn't even make any sense.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 08, 2017, 10:17:03 PM
You "frear [sic] atheists in the Lubyanka prison" because they are "the ones in charge"?  That doesn't even make any sense.

Says Boris Badanov ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 08, 2017, 10:32:09 PM
Says Boris Badanov ...

Oh good.  I liked Natasha Fatale  too.  But as usual, you evade the point. 

I am considering the possibility you are a bot...  ;)

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 08, 2017, 10:52:57 PM
Oh good.  I liked Natasha Fatale  too.  But as usual, you evade the point. 

I am considering the possibility you are a bot...  ;)

You had a point?  Other than beating your own chest like Tarzan?  Your idea of a bot, would be something entirely rational/mechanical like Commander Data.  I am not like him at all, not even after he got his emotion chip.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 09, 2017, 10:40:42 AM
You had a point?  Other than beating your own chest like Tarzan?  Your idea of a bot, would be something entirely rational/mechanical like Commander Data.  I am not like him at all, not even after he got his emotion chip.

I know about fictional characters like Data.  It's you I wonder about sometimes.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 11, 2017, 01:12:02 AM
I know about fictional characters like Data.  It's you I wonder about sometimes.

How do I know you aren't an AI bot ... is that you, Cortana?  Data is more than a fictional character.  Riker could be a real person, Data is a double fiction.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 11, 2017, 07:30:19 AM
How do I know you aren't an AI bot ... is that you, Cortana?  Data is more than a fictional character.  Riker could be a real person, Data is a double fiction.

Would a bot say "the knight climbed the poker"?  Say something equally utterly idiodic.  Well, OK, you have, but something falsely non-religious...  Like answer "Why is a mouse when it spins"...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 11, 2017, 11:16:12 AM
Would a bot say "the knight climbed the poker"?  Say something equally utterly idiodic.  Well, OK, you have, but something falsely non-religious...  Like answer "Why is a mouse when it spins"...

Great absurdist poetry, that was big in the 1920s ... too bad you are too late to that party.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.