News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Religion kills. Again.

Started by trdsf, October 04, 2017, 12:34:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trdsf

Another dead baby thanks to relying on faith over medicine.

Speaking as someone who has lost a child, I have no sympathy for them and hope first that their other children go to families that will actually take care of them, and that these 'parents' receive the maximum possible sentence.  I also disagree with the 'involuntary' part of the manslaughter charge.  They were told their child was life-threateningly ill and chose to do nothing.

Yeah.  Tell me again about the power of prayer.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on October 04, 2017, 12:34:54 PM
Another dead baby thanks to relying on faith over medicine.

Speaking as someone who has lost a child, I have no sympathy for them and hope first that their other children go to families that will actually take care of them, and that these 'parents' receive the maximum possible sentence.  I also disagree with the 'involuntary' part of the manslaughter charge.  They were told their child was life-threateningly ill and chose to do nothing.

Yeah.  Tell me again about the power of prayer.

I agree.  And my thoughts to you...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

trdsf

Quote from: Cavebear on October 04, 2017, 12:38:28 PM
I agree.  And my thoughts to you...
Thanks.  It was almost 25 years ago now; I can say that it no longer stings, although I do wonder what she'd be like today.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on October 04, 2017, 12:44:57 PM
Thanks.  It was almost 25 years ago now; I can say that it no longer stings, although I do wonder what she'd be like today.

It never stops hurting really. does it.  My youngest sister died at 43.  A full live to her terms (she knew it was coming some random day) but I still cry.  Some brain venal failure and she knew it would get her one day.  At least she got to have a family of her own.  Dear organic earth child...

All losses are hard.  But she wasn't a child, as yours...

trdsf

Quote from: Cavebear on October 04, 2017, 12:53:37 PM
It never stops hurting really. does it.  My youngest sister died at 43.  A full live to her terms (she knew it was coming some random day) but I still cry.  Some brain venal failure and she knew it would get her one day.  At least she got to have a family of her own.  Dear organic earth child...

All losses are hard.  But she wasn't a child, as yours...
I suppose I can say that it's stopped hurting on a regular basis.  It only jumps up and bites me irregularly anymore.  She was stillborn; there had been no warning of trouble, so it was completely unexpected.  The one thing out of that whole awful day that still bothers me was the sound of my mom's scream when I called and told her.

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on October 04, 2017, 01:08:51 PM
I suppose I can say that it's stopped hurting on a regular basis.  It only jumps up and bites me irregularly anymore.  She was stillborn; there had been no warning of trouble, so it was completely unexpected.  The one thing out of that whole awful day that still bothers me was the sound of my mom's scream when I called and told her.

No words can express...

Baruch

A living child can be worse than a dead one (in extreme cases).  In my case, just my wife's miscarriage.  But we will never get over it.  I see no reason to.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 04, 2017, 09:53:33 PM
A living child can be worse than a dead one (in extreme cases).  In my case, just my wife's miscarriage.  But we will never get over it.  I see no reason to.

That is indeed possible.  There are some lives I wish could not have been.  And, my thoughts to you.

fencerider

The power of prayer is not as powerful as a Del Taco burrito...

I have a sister 10years younger and 12years younger. In between was a stillborn brother. We knew my mom was pregnant. We knew she went to the hospital to have the baby. She came home very quiet and no baby. I was 10 my other sister was 9. We knew something really bad happened but our parents didnt want to tell us. All we knew was that there was no baby and my mom was crying and screaming every night for a couple of weeks. Me and my sister were really scared about the situation. I think it was 6months later before they said anything to us.

I don't know if they still think about it or not. Was around 1984.
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Cavebear

Quote from: fencerider on October 08, 2017, 03:04:53 AM
The power of prayer is not as powerful as a Del Taco burrito...

I have a sister 10years younger and 12years younger. In between was a stillborn brother. We knew my mom was pregnant. We knew she went to the hospital to have the baby. She came home very quiet and no baby. I was 10 my other sister was 9. We knew something really bad happened but our parents didnt want to tell us. All we knew was that there was no baby and my mom was crying and screaming every night for a couple of weeks. Me and my sister were really scared about the situation. I think it was 6months later before they said anything to us.

I don't know if they still think about it or not. Was around 1984.

Parents keep secrets and hide things they shouldn't.  In my case it was the opposite; an unexpected pregnancy for Mom. 

It was an odd event at night.  We kids were all required to keep our doors slightly open.  I suppose so the parents' could easily peek in.  Let's just say Mom ran out of the bathroom while Dad was away and crying.  She was 44 and not supposed to be able to have more kids.  They announced Mom's pregnancy 2 months later.  I knew beforehand.  We had a new sister months later.