News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Jesus--Fact or Fiction??

Started by Mike Cl, October 04, 2017, 11:15:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: Greatest I am on October 11, 2017, 01:38:54 PM
I hear you, but not being an atheist, I see no other reason than what I stated for atheist leaders and thinkers to have decided to call their gathering places churches.

Perhaps the hope, and I pra, so to speak, that it is because they hope to be popular enough to take over all the churches presently staffed by perpetually lying priests, preachers and imams.

Regards
DL

Thank you for stating you aren't an atheist.  That clarified everything for me.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Greatest I am

Quote from: Cavebear on October 11, 2017, 01:35:38 PM
The proof resides on those who claim his existence.

True.

His statement is just as much of a lie without his proving his claim.

To apply a double standard is atheists following the believers in a poor use of language and logical fallacy.

Atheists and all of us should strive to be better than the liars.

That is why wiser atheist on bill boards say there is probably no God.

That way theists cannot accuse atheists of what atheists accuse theists of.

Regards
DL

trdsf

I hear you, but not being an atheist, I see no other reason than what I stated for atheist leaders and thinkers to have decided to call their gathering places churches.
Yeah, I know it's being done and why they're using the term... I just don't like it and I think ultimately it's counterproductive.  I don't want to replace churches, I want humanity to grow up and put them aside as childish things (if I may borrow from 1 Corinthians).

Perhaps the hope, and I pra, so to speak, that it is because they hope to be popular enough to take over all the churches presently staffed by perpetually lying priests, preachers and imams.
I can get behind that.  :)
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Cavebear

Quote from: Greatest I am on October 11, 2017, 01:51:49 PM
True.

His statement is just as much of a lie without his proving his claim.

To apply a double standard is atheists following the believers in a poor use of language and logical fallacy.

Atheists and all of us should strive to be better than the liars.

That is why wiser atheist on bill boards say there is probably no God.

That way theists cannot accuse atheists of what atheists accuse theists of.

Regards
DL

Well, at least you can spell "atheist" correctly.  So many theists spell it "most ath".  ;)

Greatest I am

Quote from: trdsf on October 11, 2017, 01:55:02 PM
Yeah, I know it's being done and why they're using the term... I just don't like it and I think ultimately it's counterproductive.  I don't want to replace churches, I want humanity to grow up and put them aside as childish things (if I may borrow from 1 Corinthians).

Hey, I am a religionist and you are an atheist.

Get the behind me Satan.

Just kidding buddy.

But perhaps, you will recognize, like John Lennon did, that the only good Christian is a Gnostic Christian.

Christians tried to rid the world of us with their Inquisitions, and failed, and that should tell all people just who the good Christians were/are.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

Quote from: Cavebear on October 11, 2017, 01:55:40 PM
Well, at least you can spell "atheist" correctly.  So many theists spell it "most ath".  ;)

I respect atheists to a certain extent because I was one before my apotheosis.

Regards
DL

Cavebear

Quote from: Greatest I am on October 11, 2017, 02:09:53 PM

Regards
DL

Apotheiosis -  "the elevation or exaltation of a person to the rank of a god. "

Congrats on your divine status.  Please give me something so I may know your divinity...

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz ?
My friends all drive Porsches, I must make amends.
Worked hard all my lifetime, no help from my friends,
So Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz ?

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a color TV ?
Dialing For Dollars is trying to find me.
I wait for delivery each day until three,
So oh Lord, won't you buy me a color TV ?

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a night on the town ?
I'm counting on you, Lord, please don't let me down.
Prove that you love me and buy the next round,
Oh Lord, won't you buy me a night on the town ?

Mike Cl

Quote from: Greatest I am on October 11, 2017, 01:33:21 PM
A statement you cannot prove.

Regards
DL
You very well may change your mind about that if you follow all of Carrier's elements to the end--48 of them.  For me, his book, On The Historicity of Jesus (Why We Might Have Reason for Doubt), pretty much convinces me that Jesus is a fiction.  I've only listed 13 and just those few raises serious doubt about Jesus being temporal or heavenly.  Keep on reading.........................
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 11, 2017, 01:23:39 PM
And apparently, you can'y either.  No one thinks in terms of "1000s of miles and 1000s of years".

Geographers and historians do.

It took me longer to get "apotheosis" ... GIA got there before me.  I prefer "satori".
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Greatest I am on October 11, 2017, 01:45:10 PM
I can only recommend my poor method.

https://vimeo.com/41160615

Seriously though, if I had your I Q and linguistic skills and eloquence instead of my uneducated prose, I would be writing a book.

If you ever move to God's country where I am, I would hire you as a ghost writer. 

My kingdom for such skills.

Regards
DL

Ha, wherever I stand is demi-god's country ;-)  But I ain't special.  I can't even play the fiddle or the banjo.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 11, 2017, 01:35:38 PM
The proof resides on those who claim his existence.

I exist.  And I don't have to prove anything.  College professors should be locked in their ivory towers, like Rapunzel.  Maybe the SJW princes can rescue them?  Of course, SJWs are actually ogres (see Shrek I).  The professors are too, after you kiss their ass (sorry Donkey).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Regards
DL

There are no lies, just the results of creative imaginations.  But there are liars ... when the tellers of tall tales, fail to note that in the fine print.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 11, 2017, 01:45:57 PM
Thank you for stating you aren't an atheist.  That clarified everything for me.

The paradox of "not a true atheist".  We all get hung from the same Jean Luc Picard.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: trdsf on October 11, 2017, 01:55:02 PM

If you want to become a Star Child, you have to find that alien monolith around Jupiter.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Greatest I am on October 11, 2017, 02:09:53 PM

Regards
DL
And I respect some theists--to a certain point.  I can't say I ever was a theist--but it was not through lack of trying.  I tried most of my life to 'find' God; but to no avail.  Begging, critical thinking, meditation, prayer, asking theists, searching in every way I knew how.  Nothing.  I was even a church board president for a year and on the board for 6 years.  I tried.  I now fully realize why--both Jesus and God are fictions, clearly created by people to control other people; power and wealth the creators of religion and all of its trappings.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?