News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Jesus--Fact or Fiction??

Started by Mike Cl, October 04, 2017, 11:15:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

Quote from: trdsf on August 08, 2019, 02:24:27 AM
Actually, you could make a better case for Harry Potter on those terms -- those books are a lot more internally consistent.

Are you sure? I've never seen textual criticism of Harry Potter, but you're probably right...

:-P
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 08, 2019, 02:26:24 PM
Are you sure? I've never seen textual criticism of Harry Potter, but you're probably right...

We can interview J K Rowling, one of the richest women in the world.  If you can't believe her then ... EXPELIESMUS!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

There were "BOOKS"?  j/k

But there probably is a college course on the books somewhere.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 08, 2019, 02:29:29 PM
There were "BOOKS"?  j/k

But there probably is a college course on the books somewhere.

It is called the English Literature department
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Baruch on August 08, 2019, 06:19:45 AM
Unfortunately this is incoherent, as I find many of your posts.  I suggest you outline next time, or don't write while drinking ;-)

You seem to have a political-economic ideology and work backward from that to rationalize your conclusions.  Whatever names one gives it.

Your commitment to Plato seems total.  And that much is consistent with your Plato's Republic version of society, so popular with intellectuals and authoritarians of all types.

Baruch, if you want communication, move forward. Stop throwing remarks out of your ass on nationality, ideology or 'we are about to declare war on you, do you know that', 'are you drunk' remarks. You are babbling in the worst way.

I get that you are forced to retire and you feel useless. It's life, get over it.   
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on August 08, 2019, 03:15:58 PM
Baruch, if you want communication, move forward. Stop throwing remarks out of your ass on nationality, ideology or 'we are about to declare war on you, do you know that', 'are you drunk' remarks. You are babbling in the worst way.

I get that you are forced to retire and you feel useless. It's life, get over it.

You mostly aren't communicating ... you are stating Cultural Marxist positions.  Which is fine.

You aren't my Mommy either.

You yourself have admitted in the recent past, to "drunk posting".  If you are sober now, good for you.  I'll drink to that!

Yes, it may be necessary, for the US to remove Erdogan, since your military failed to do so.  I hope not.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Baruch on August 08, 2019, 04:06:23 PM
You mostly aren't communicating ... you are stating Cultural Marxist positions.  Which is fine.

You aren't my Mommy either.

You yourself have admitted in the recent past, to "drunk posting".  If you are sober now, good for you.  I'll drink to that!

Yes, it may be necessary, for the US to remove Erdogan, since your military failed to do so.  I hope not.

Doesn't change that my statement is correct. You changed dramatically. What a cliché, Baruch? An old man gets bitter because he retires and feels useles. 

I am OK with your right wing bullshit, all your thorah prophecies, mumbo jumbo. Not with that. Don't be that ordinary. That's irritating me to no end. That would rot a man. It's worse than death. 
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Cavebear

Quote from: drunkenshoe on August 08, 2019, 04:49:12 PM
Doesn't change that my statement is correct. You changed dramatically. What a cliché, Baruch? An old man gets bitter because he retires and feels useles. 

I am OK with your right wing bullshit, all your thorah prophecies, mumbo jumbo. Not with that. Don't be that ordinary. That's irritating me to no end. That would rot a man. It's worse than death.

I don't get the "Your not my Mommy/Daddy" stuff either.  I think we have a Board Member struggling with a problem...  He's not even who he was last year.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 08, 2019, 05:49:06 PM
I don't get the "Your not my Mommy/Daddy" stuff either.  I think we have a Board Member struggling with a problem...  He's not even who he was last year.

Nagging patriarchal people.  You don't have an argument, you have a carbuncle.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Well, there is Harry Potter and the Sacred Text, where they apply the same sort of study methods to the Potter books that religious scholars do to the bible and other religious texts, hosted by three people from/with the Harvard Divinity School...
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on August 11, 2019, 07:28:05 PM
Well, there is Harry Potter and the Sacred Text, where they apply the same sort of study methods to the Potter books that religious scholars do to the bible and other religious texts, hosted by three people from/with the Harvard Divinity School...

I once had to explain to my aging becoming-demented Dad that there were "archeologists" who lookied for information to form some ideas about what they found (where ever it took them) and "biblical archeologists" who searched for any evidence they could make support the christian bible.

And even in his diminished state, he generally grasped that idea.  So what amazes me is that more compos mentos people don't.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Cavebear on August 12, 2019, 04:50:51 AM
So what amazes me is that more compos mentos people don't.

They just ignore or explain away any information that doesn't fit their preferred worldview.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 12, 2019, 03:05:18 PM
They just ignore or explain away any information that doesn't fit their preferred worldview.

Univ of Cali at Berkeley?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 12, 2019, 03:05:18 PM

That's the non compos mentos part.  Rather standard for theists.  ;)

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Cavebear on August 08, 2019, 05:49:06 PM
He was an accident waiting to happen.