Author Topic: How do Christians comprehend the iconic duo of free will and predestination?  (Read 1652 times)

Offline Baruch

Re: How do Christians comprehend the iconic duo of free will and predestination?
« Reply #180 on: November 12, 2017, 12:32:11 PM »
You aren't a real cavebear?!

All i know is lies.

That is the nature of human psychology ... the futility of knowing.  Either you don't know, or what you know isn't so ... or if what you know is so, you wish you didn't know ;-)
שלום

Re: How do Christians comprehend the iconic duo of free will and predestination?
« Reply #181 on: November 12, 2017, 03:50:08 PM »
That is the nature of human psychology ... the futility of knowing.  Either you don't know, or what you know isn't so ... or if what you know is so, you wish you didn't know ;-)

How do you know that?
"Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

Online Shiranu

« Reply #182 on: November 12, 2017, 04:26:31 PM »
You aren't a real cavebear?!

All i know is lies.

At least I can always trust that you are a giant, man-killing praying mantis. I don't know how I would cope if even that was a lie...
Om Mani Padme Hum

Offline Baruch

« Reply #183 on: November 12, 2017, 05:21:22 PM »
How do you know that?

Work it out yourself.  Venn diagram is your friend ;-)
שלום

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #184 on: November 15, 2017, 04:55:39 AM »
Your dad or my dad?  Dad-dad (someplace in Iraq I hear)?

No, I would choose a person, preferably historical.  Spinoza is a better choice than Einstein or Darwin.

I agree completely.  Indeed, I was apologizing for MY failure to understand your choice of avatar.  You can't even take an APOLOGY?  Wow...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!  b 1950

Offline Baruch

« Reply #185 on: November 15, 2017, 06:49:06 PM »
I agree completely.  Indeed, I was apologizing for MY failure to understand your choice of avatar.  You can't even take an APOLOGY?  Wow...

It was Greek to me, or Bear-naise?
שלום