Train evacuated because of bible

Started by trdsf, October 02, 2017, 04:53:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trdsf

A passenger on a British train caused a panic when he started reading verses aloud from his bible.  Things really got going when he got to the verse "Death is not the end."

Color me amused.  And happy that no one was hurt.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: trdsf on October 02, 2017, 04:53:27 PM
A passenger on a British train caused a panic when he started reading verses aloud from his bible.  Things really got going when he got to the verse "Death is not the end."

"Death is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. It is, perhaps, the end of the beginning."
(Sorry, Winston.)
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

And happy that no one was hurt.
I bet the Bible reader was butt-hurt, though.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

This is what happens, when your culture is so de-christianized, that they can't tell the Bible from the Quran.  Not that I would mind a professional chanting of the Quran.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Well, it's not an abnormal response to react to a religious fanatic with fear.  Especially in a confined space where there are no exits.  Although, rather than create such a commotion, it may have been a better choice to throw him off the train, so that everyone else could make their appointments.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on October 03, 2017, 06:12:57 AM
Well, it's not an abnormal response to react to a religious fanatic with fear.  Especially in a confined space where there are no exits.  Although, rather than create such a commotion, it may have been a better choice to throw him off the train, so that everyone else could make their appointments.

I would jump off a train if a Democrat was on it, but better to just throw the Democrat off it.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Where was Hercule Poirot when you needed him?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Munch

Was this bible like one of the books from harry potter, a flesh eating version?

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Gawdzilla Sama

The Monster Book of Monsters had a mission in life. To eat trainers.
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on October 03, 2017, 07:38:21 AM
Where was Hercule Poirot when you needed him?

Eating a Belgian waffle perhaps.  But I find that suspiciously coincidental, don't you?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

When there are apparently crazy people acting out on public places, it is natural to be suspicious of their intent.  And screaming biblical passages in public places these days is a reason to be concerned about intent.  Religious nuts are usually the cause of insane mayhem...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 04, 2017, 01:25:58 AM
When there are apparently crazy people acting out on public places, it is natural to be suspicious of their intent.  And screaming biblical passages in public places these days is a reason to be concerned about intent.  Religious nuts are usually the cause of insane mayhem...

Not proven in the case of the Vegas shooter.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

fencerider

Does that mean they understood they would still have to listen to his rant after they were all dead ;-)
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Cavebear

Quote from: fencerider on October 08, 2017, 03:27:48 AM
Does that mean they understood they would still have to listen to his rant after they were all dead ;-)

Rather, it seems that HE thought they would after they were dead.  Which is a real difference between Atheists and theists.  THEY think we exist after death.