Author Topic: Train evacuated because of bible  (Read 684 times)

Offline trdsf (OP)

Train evacuated because of bible
« on: October 02, 2017, 04:53:27 PM »
A passenger on a British train caused a panic when he started reading verses aloud from his bible.  Things really got going when he got to the verse "Death is not the end."

Color me amused.  And happy that no one was hurt.
"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning." -- Calvin and Hobbes
"I thought I committed regicide today, but I committed deicide!" -- Sadie Doyle, Beyond Belief

Re: Train evacuated because of bible
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 05:46:59 PM »
A passenger on a British train caused a panic when he started reading verses aloud from his bible.  Things really got going when he got to the verse "Death is not the end."

"Death is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. It is, perhaps, the end of the beginning."
(Sorry, Winston.)
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 05:50:37 PM »
And happy that no one was hurt.
I bet the Bible reader was butt-hurt, though.
God Not Found
“Money supplants skill; it's possession allows us to become happily stupid.”
Bill McKibben, The Age of Missing Information

Offline Baruch

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2017, 07:21:47 PM »

This is what happens, when your culture is so de-christianized, that they can't tell the Bible from the Quran.  Not that I would mind a professional chanting of the Quran.
שלום

Offline SGOS

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2017, 06:12:57 AM »
Well, it's not an abnormal response to react to a religious fanatic with fear.  Especially in a confined space where there are no exits.  Although, rather than create such a commotion, it may have been a better choice to throw him off the train, so that everyone else could make their appointments.

Offline Baruch

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2017, 07:06:07 AM »
Well, it's not an abnormal response to react to a religious fanatic with fear.  Especially in a confined space where there are no exits.  Although, rather than create such a commotion, it may have been a better choice to throw him off the train, so that everyone else could make their appointments.

I would jump off a train if a Democrat was on it, but better to just throw the Democrat off it.
שלום

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2017, 07:38:21 AM »
Where was Hercule Poirot when you needed him?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Offline Munch

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2017, 09:23:45 AM »
Was this bible like one of the books from harry potter, a flesh eating version?

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2017, 10:28:14 AM »
The Monster Book of Monsters had a mission in life. To eat trainers.
PZ Myers

Offline Baruch

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2017, 01:34:52 PM »
Where was Hercule Poirot when you needed him?

Eating a Belgian waffle perhaps.  But I find that suspiciously coincidental, don't you?
שלום

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2017, 01:25:58 AM »
When there are apparently crazy people acting out on public places, it is natural to be suspicious of their intent.  And screaming biblical passages in public places these days is a reason to be concerned about intent.  Religious nuts are usually the cause of insane mayhem...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!  b 1950

Offline Baruch

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2017, 09:56:55 PM »
When there are apparently crazy people acting out on public places, it is natural to be suspicious of their intent.  And screaming biblical passages in public places these days is a reason to be concerned about intent.  Religious nuts are usually the cause of insane mayhem...

Not proven in the case of the Vegas shooter.
שלום

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2017, 02:40:31 AM »
Not proven in the case of the Vegas shooter.
I didn't say it was.

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2017, 03:27:48 AM »
Does that mean they understood they would still have to listen to his rant after they were all dead ;-)
not expecting god to show up, but if he does we’re going to have to beat the prick up.

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2017, 03:30:16 AM »
Does that mean they understood they would still have to listen to his rant after they were all dead ;-)

Rather, it seems that HE thought they would after they were dead.  Which is a real difference between Atheists and theists.  THEY think we exist after death.