50 killed, 200 Injured in Las Vegas Shooting

Started by Shiranu, October 02, 2017, 07:28:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on October 11, 2017, 01:53:00 PM
  I'm not quite a geezer yet.  Getting there, but not  Um, what were we discussing?  How's the kids.  Are there waffles?
I worry about ALZ.

My parents both had it.

And so did my mother.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on October 11, 2017, 03:09:47 PM
Wouldn't care if he did. He was the Y-donor, nothing more.

OK, you have me confused.    And no disrespect.  But when you said your "parents both had it" and "so did my mother" , I thought you making some joke.  I don't understand the genetics, but I did not mean to offend and I apologize.

If it is not too awkward, could you explain?  I hope I'm not the only person who doesn't quite get what you are refferring to.

Oh wait, I think I got it.  I'm dense sometimes.

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on October 11, 2017, 03:09:47 PM
Wouldn't care if he did. He was the Y-donor, nothing more.

Health history is the one place you should care about the Y-donor.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on October 11, 2017, 03:20:45 PM
OK, you have me confused.    And no disrespect.  But when you said your "parents both had it" and "so did my mother" , I thought you making some joke.  I don't understand the genetics, but I did not mean to offend and I apologize.

If it is not too awkward, could you explain?  I hope I'm not the only person who doesn't quite get what you are refferring to.

Oh wait, I think I got it.  I'm dense sometimes.
That part was the joke, it makes doctors laugh. However, my male parent never earned the title "father". I told people I came from a one-parent home all my life. He lived there with my mother until he died of stupidity at age 64. So I call him "the Y-donor", because he had no other positive involvement with me. Negative involvement is another story.
PZ Myers

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on October 11, 2017, 03:24:22 PM
Health history is the one place you should care about the Y-donor.
Oh, I know he had prostate cancer, heart problems, diabetes, ALZ, and some other shit.
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on October 11, 2017, 03:25:24 PM
That part was the joke, it makes doctors laugh. However, my male parent never earned the title "father". I told people I came from a one-parent home all my life. He lived there with my mother until he died of stupidity at age 64. So I call him "the Y-donor", because he had no other positive involvement with me. Negative involvement is another story.

Figures, I DIDN'T understand.  I was thinking surrogate mother.  But "not good" dad, I get that too.  I probably should just shut up and not post sometimes...

*sigh*

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on October 11, 2017, 03:34:14 PM
Figures, I DIDN'T understand.  I was thinking surrogate mother.  But "not good" dad, I get that too.  I probably should just shut up and not post sometimes...

*sigh*
No biggie. He was an non-entity to me when I was seven. After he threw me into a lake and drove off.
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on October 11, 2017, 03:42:45 PM
No biggie. He was an non-entity to me when I was seven. After he threw me into a lake and drove off.

Hard way to learn to swim.  I suppose you remember the song "A Boy Named Sue"?

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on October 11, 2017, 03:53:31 PM
Hard way to learn to swim.  I suppose you remember the song "A Boy Named Sue"?
I had learned to swim the previous summer, not that he would have known. And there was a guy in a boat tied up to the bridge where we stopped, I paddled over to him.

Nobody believe my version of the story. He didn't bother telling one.
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on October 11, 2017, 04:01:54 PM
I had learned to swim the previous summer, not that he would have known. And there was a guy in a boat tied up to the bridge where we stopped, I paddled over to him.

Nobody believe my version of the story. He didn't bother telling one.

I'll trust a story until proven otherwise.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on October 11, 2017, 04:22:25 PM
I'll trust a story until proven otherwise.
The cops never looked into it, nor did Mom.
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on October 11, 2017, 04:40:14 PM
The cops never looked into it, nor did Mom.

As  Alan Alda never said, don't ask a friend where the dog is buried. 

Baruch

PP - GS and CB are best buds now.  CB got all pissed when I cheated on him with Rick (but not with Morty).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.