50 killed, 200 Injured in Las Vegas Shooting

Started by Shiranu, October 02, 2017, 07:28:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

Hey Romeo (Shoe) What happened to your promise to the he man woman haters club? You're posting here again..

I guess I'd have to explain this bit of backward logic, huh?  Nah! I'll let you try to figure it out.. ;)
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

drunkenshoe

Well, technically I am not posting. I have seen the videos, I felt sick. Sick. Don't watch it. This is probably the biggest mass shooting of the kind in the US history. I remembered Kimmy. Then guessed that shir would post it and that you idiots would just go cnyical-sarcastic on it...etc. :) My mission is complete. Mwah.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Unbeliever

As Lily Tomlin said, I get more cynical every day, but I can't keep up. There are more guns in American than people, so this sort of thing will keep happening - and it'll get worse. The NRA has too much power and won't give up any. I think the Republicans believe that the more people killed by guns, the more jobs will be created.

I wonder what the shooters motive was, or if we'll ever find out.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

AllPurposeAtheist

Trumps boiler plate 'response' over.. Let us pray,  blah blah blah.. Well I for one feel reassured.. Thank GAWD for boiler plate presidential speeches..

pr126

How soon before we read that is all Trump’s fault.

Here in Europe guns are banned.
No shortage of knives, machetes, cars, trucks, bombs.
We manage quite well without guns.
I admit, guns are more efficient. Although it still needs a human to use it.

Edit
while I was posting, Trump got an honorable mention. Good going.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: pr126 on October 02, 2017, 11:06:49 AM

Edit

Hey darling. How is Mordor doing? No ISIL or DAESH vid about the attack? Are you losing your touch?

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: pr126 on October 02, 2017, 11:06:49 AM

Edit

Shooter in Vegas fired from the 32nd floor. I guess a rocket launcher and shit load of rounds would equate to the rifle fire, but he didn't have rockets.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

AllPurposeAtheist

Yeah, Trumps boiler plate response was the cause of it after the fact.. He snuck 12 hours back in time.. Amazing stuff those personal time travel devices are.. gotta get me one. 

drunkenshoe

There is a rumour that this guy is from sovereign citizen. I have no idea what that is. Apparently it is an anti gov thing. Does anyone know anything about this?

https://en.0wikipedia.org/index.php?q=aHR0cHM6Ly9lbi53aWtpcGVkaWEub3JnL3dpa2kvU292ZXJlaWduX2NpdGl6ZW5fbW92ZW1lbnQjVS5TLl9nb3Zlcm5tZW50X3Jlc3BvbnNlcw

"The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) classifies some sovereign citizens ("sovereign citizen extremists") as domestic terrorists.[14] In 2010, the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) estimated that approximately 100,000 Americans were "hard-core sovereign believers", with another 200,000 "just starting out by testing sovereign techniques for resisting everything from speeding tickets to drug charges".[15]

In surveys conducted in 2014 and 2015, representatives of US law-enforcement ranked the risk of terrorism from the sovereign citizen movement higher than the risk from Islamic extremism.[16][17] Sovereign citizens have also been identified as a potential terrorist threat by the New South Wales Police Force in Australia.[18]"

aitm

Interesting. A quick snippet from the guys brother makes me wonder if that is real or not.

Somewhat off topic but related is this tidbit from an article about gunmakers in general;
QuoteIt is not uncommon for shares of gun makers to rise after high-profile shootings, and oftentimes the initial price moves are sparked by computer-driven trades that buy on the news.

Although it  makes sense, I simply never thought of having a computer program searching for shooting incidents and then raising or even buying stock before humans can react. Not sure how I feel about that, but I suppose if you can make a quick 10-20 thousand or more.....
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Gilgamesh

Quote from: Shiranu on October 02, 2017, 07:28:03 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/02/reports-active-shooter-near-mandalay-bay-in-las-vegas.html

Is it still not the time to worry about how saturated with guns America is? At what point will we finally say, "Enough mass shootings are enough. We have to take SOME action."?

What sort of action would you like to see take place?

drunkenshoe

Quote from: aitm on October 02, 2017, 12:25:33 PM
Interesting. A quick snippet from the guys brother makes me wonder if that is real or not.

Scary, aitm. It's good that the country is huge.

Another off topic bit. I have spent last May in the States. I had a chance to talk to people here and there in Portland and around. In restaurants, bars, parks, streets...etc. (I met a young veteran who lost his memory. That was interesting. He had a russian girl friend with a weird flower name from our side of the world.) Americans from different age groups and backgrounds. All white. Fucking region is too white. Anyway, the hot issue was homeless people. Every time. And I was repeatedly told how abnormally it is rising everywhere. I don't know how accurate it is. I was told about Los Angeles and so on, but it is a metropol isn't it? People talked about it like it is the main fobia and as if something big coming. ? There was a sweet 21 year old kid nodding and laughing to that, 'because it is almost impossible to get on your feet afterwards'. She was bright, living in poverty. I have listened pretty sad life stories. What I am saying is, it is not a surprise these kind of groups would find a lot of supporters. Think about living like that for a long time. Esp. in this age when young. Easy prey for any fucking fanatics. And in this climate.

By the way, how was it when irma hit. I checked on you from here, saw that you are alive. We had a few earth quakes. one was 6. It was bad. If I was in the city, I would be scared shitless. This summer was cold over here. Can ya believe it. Weather was fucked up this year man. This summer was fucked up all over anyway. I am still by the Aegean shores. It's basically getting cold at this date.

QuoteSomewhat off topic but related is this tidbit from an article about gunmakers in general;
Although it  makes sense, I simply never thought of having a computer program searching for shooting incidents and then raising or even buying stock before humans can react. Not sure how I feel about that, but I suppose if you can make a quick 10-20 thousand or more.....

Tons of people would do that if you ask me. It's fucked up.

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on October 02, 2017, 11:19:32 AM
Hey darling. How is Mordor doing? No ISIL or DAESH vid about the attack? Are you losing your touch?

ISIS claims the shooter converted to Islam months ago.  But known terrorists are known for their honesty.  And welcome back, glad to know you aren't in a Turkish prison yet ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on October 02, 2017, 07:28:03 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/02/reports-active-shooter-near-mandalay-bay-in-las-vegas.html

Is it still not the time to worry about how saturated with guns America is? At what point will we finally say, "Enough mass shootings are enough. We have to take SOME action."?

I agree that automatic weapons shouldn't be held by civilians.  Also large ammo clips should be illegal (like having a silencer or sawed off shotgun).  But Democrats shouldn't be allowed more than a plastic spork ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on October 02, 2017, 08:51:07 AM
Most Americans don't own guns. Most American gun owners own one gun. My cousins average 15 each.

The shooter had 10+ guns in his hotel room (where he offed himself).  Gun nut.  Therefore Republicans are evil.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.