Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Johan on October 02, 2017, 07:30:22 PM
The large financial firms have software bots searching the headlines for ANYTHING that could effect the price of any stock or traded commodity. Oil? Tech stocks? Corn? Pharmaceuticals? They've got bots scouring the headlines for all that and more and then making split second trading decisions based on very sophisticated predictive analytics. Been happening for a while now.

War is more profitable than peace.  That is why ultimately capitalism is war of everyone against everyone else ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Johan

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on October 02, 2017, 05:56:57 PM
Nutball managed to sneak 10 rifles into his room
Mowed down a bunch of people
And he hotel never checked for anything out of the ordinary

Something's wrong with the system
Something's wrong with the system? Really? So you're saying you want to be required to allow minimum wage hotel staff to search your luggage AND any bags or packages in your possession before being allowed access to a hotel room. And not just when you check in, but anytime you want to enter the room.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Baruch

Quote from: Johan on October 02, 2017, 07:35:33 PM
Something's wrong with the system? Really? So you're saying you want to be required to allow minimum wage hotel staff to search your luggage AND any bags or packages in your possession before being allowed access to a hotel room. And not just when you check in, but anytime you want to enter the room.

It is the only way to be safe .. as a taxidermied specimen in a Planet of the Apes museum -)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Quote from: Johan on October 02, 2017, 07:35:33 PM

No, I want a system where there aren't States with no restrictions on magazine size, legal automatic rifles, the ability to amass an arsenal without a license. I think that would be a good start.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

Quote from: Gilgamesh on October 02, 2017, 12:26:22 PM
What sort of action would you like to see take place?
Seriously considering implementing at least some of the policies of other countries that don't routinely have mass shootings would be a good start.

Sure beats doing nothing and watching it happen again and again and again.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on October 02, 2017, 07:46:16 PM
No, I want a system where there aren't States with no restrictions on magazine size, legal automatic rifles, the ability to amass an arsenal without a license. I think that would be a good start.

But after a good start ... Stalinism?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on October 02, 2017, 09:35:34 PM
Seriously considering implementing at least some of the policies of other countries that don't routinely have mass shootings would be a good start.

Sure beats doing nothing and watching it happen again and again and again.

Americans love violence, fake movie/tv/cartoon violence isn't enough, we want the real thing.  We are Romans!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

aitm

Quote from: Johan on October 02, 2017, 07:30:22 PM
The large financial firms have software bots searching the headlines for ANYTHING that could effect the price of any stock or traded commodity. Oil? Tech stocks? Corn? Pharmaceuticals? They've got bots scouring the headlines for all that and more and then making split second trading decisions based on very sophisticated predictive analytics. Been happening for a while now.

I have no excuse for my naivety, it is simply something that never popped up on my radar.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Hydra009

QuoteWASHINGTONâ€"Expressing a sense of guarded optimism that the latest incident of gun violence that left 58 dead and 500 injured in Las Vegas would be a turning point for the nation, Americans across the country confirmed Monday they were hopeful this would be the last mass shooting before all such occurrences stopped on their own for no reason at all. “After something as horrific as what happened in Las Vegas, we’re all just hoping that now these terrible shootings will stop once and for all without circumstances changing in any way or any of us taking even the slightest amount of action in response,”
http://www.theonion.com/article/americans-hopeful-will-be-last-mass-shooting-they--57093

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

SGOS

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Any place at all where people gather together for any reason can become a target of these kinds of murderous assholes. We can't protect everyone all the time - so what the hell do we do? Do we, as Bill O'reilly said, just accept this danger as the price of freedom? Do we turn America into a police state? Do we try to decrease the number and lethality of weapons?

I don't know if anyone has good answers for this tragic situation - I sure as hell don't.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Mike Cl

Quote from: Unbeliever on October 03, 2017, 02:42:47 PM
Any place at all where people gather together for any reason can become a target of these kinds of murderous assholes. We can't protect everyone all the time - so what the hell do we do? Do we, as Bill O'reilly said, just accept this danger as the price of freedom? Do we turn America into a police state? Do we try to decrease the number and lethality of weapons?

I don't know if anyone has good answers for this tragic situation - I sure as hell don't.
Why does the average person need any of the following: fully automatic weapon; magazines or clips that hold more than 10 rounds; unregistered weapon; why not licence them all?  Those rules seem only sensible to me.  I'm sure others could be added.  And allowing any and all weapons to have silencers only makes them more dangerous.  Why would the average person need a silenced weapon?
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?