News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Blasphemy doeth good like a medicine.

Started by St Truth, October 01, 2017, 12:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Quote from: trdsf on October 03, 2017, 04:25:37 PM
I try to avoid god language when I talk -- but when I lose my temper or get startled into an exclamation, I do fall back on the old standbys, starting with "goddammit!" and rapidly ascending the scale until I get to "Jesus H motherfucking Christ on a popsicle stick!"
Wow--and I thought I was reaching the bottom (or actually, the pinnacle) when I uttered, "Jesus H. fucking Christ!  But adding 'motherfucker' and 'on a popsicle stick!' is genius. I LIKE it!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

trdsf

Quote from: Mike Cl on October 04, 2017, 06:16:16 PM
Wow--and I thought I was reaching the bottom (or actually, the pinnacle) when I uttered, "Jesus H. fucking Christ!  But adding 'motherfucker' and 'on a popsicle stick!' is genius. I LIKE it!
The 'popsicle stick' part comes from my ex-partner.  He was creative that way.

Less creatively, I added the 'motherfucking'.  :D
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on October 04, 2017, 02:05:08 PM
Bake in the oven with the skin, (washed) wrapping in aluminum foil to retain moisture, and easier to peel. (the skin just rubs off)

The skin has all the nutrients ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 04, 2017, 10:06:04 AM
Of course.  There is no deity to care about words.  But churches get hit by lightening.  When has the American Atheist HQ been struck?

One of the churches my wife preached at, was hit by lightning.  But a few years after we left.  Went down the metal steeple, and into the kitchen where it did some burn damage.  Turns out, the church had a metal steeple because a few years earlier, one of the elderly ladies insisted that a church didn't look right without a steeple.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 04, 2017, 08:19:04 PM
The skin has all the nutrients ;-(

For many vegetables, yes.  But not most root crops.  They are the same skin to core.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 08, 2017, 05:07:07 AM
For many vegetables, yes.  But not most root crops.  They are the same skin to core.

Skin all the way down?  Are you fur on the inside as well as the outside?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 08, 2017, 01:45:53 PM
Skin all the way down?  Are you fur on the inside as well as the outside?

I didn't say "skin all the way down".  Root crops, being all evolved stems and roots.  are mostly the same throughout though.  It is the fruits that are variable.  And "fruits" means any enlarged plant ovary.  Like beans and tomatoes.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 09, 2017, 12:06:36 AM
I didn't say "skin all the way down".  Root crops, being all evolved stems and roots.  are mostly the same throughout though.  It is the fruits that are variable.  And "fruits" means any enlarged plant ovary.  Like beans and tomatoes.

Too much sexy.  Put it in the Adult section.  Next you will be telling me that plants not only have ovaries, they have other sexy stuff to, and believe in inter-species sex with bees ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 09, 2017, 09:53:54 AM
Too much sexy.  Put it in the Adult section.  Next you will be telling me that plants not only have ovaries, they have other sexy stuff to, and believe in inter-species sex with bees ;-)

Actually, "yes".  Put THAT in your smoke and pipe it.  LOL!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 11, 2017, 05:45:06 AM
Actually, "yes".  Put THAT in your smoke and pipe it.  LOL!

Yes, LOL.  Stop being so sensitive.  I am not insulting you.  I am playing with you.  Since we both keep cats, you should like that.  I like you, as a scratching post.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 11, 2017, 08:04:29 PM
Yes, LOL.  Stop being so sensitive.  I am not insulting you.  I am playing with you.  Since we both keep cats, you should like that.  I like you, as a scratching post.

Well THAT is entirely different.  You think I am the scratching post and I think you are the poop outside the litter box. 

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 18, 2017, 05:32:32 AM
Well THAT is entirely different.  You think I am the scratching post and I think you are the poop outside the litter box.

Dogs like to eat cat poop ... hence my 2000+ likes.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on October 18, 2017, 06:52:08 AM
Dogs like to eat cat poop ... hence my 2000+ likes.

2000+ likes?  Not from here for sure.

trdsf

Quote from: Cavebear on October 18, 2017, 10:25:54 AM
2000+ likes?  Not from here for sure.
And in any case, quantity doesn't mean quality.  If it's 2,000 likes out of 20,000 posts, that's only 10%.  If it were 2,000 likes out of 2,500 posts, that might be different.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on October 18, 2017, 10:39:44 AM
And in any case, quantity doesn't mean quality.  If it's 2,000 likes out of 20,000 posts, that's only 10%.  If it were 2,000 likes out of 2,500 posts, that might be different.

I think what he is suggesting is that, because he gets likes elsewhere, they must mean something here.