News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Blasphemy doeth good like a medicine.

Started by St Truth, October 01, 2017, 12:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pr126

Quote from: St Truth on October 03, 2017, 08:24:16 PM
Good Lord! You are wrong. Don't you know your theology? It's not Hogan or Hortense.  It's 'Humbug'.

H for Haploid.

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on October 04, 2017, 09:55:55 AM
It stands for Harold.  As in "Our father, who art in heaven, Harold be thy name..."

Sounds like "Gladly The Cross-eyed Bear".  ;)
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on October 04, 2017, 09:59:37 AM
Blasphemy is a victimless crime. :=)

Of course.  There is no deity to care about words.  But churches get hit by lightening.  When has the American Atheist HQ been struck?

pr126

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on October 04, 2017, 10:08:46 AM
There is an American Atheist HQ?

Of course:

American Atheists
225 Cristiani St.
Cranford, NJ 07016

pr126

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on October 04, 2017, 10:17:50 AM
Wonders never cease.

Well, I've been an "American Atheist" Life Member since before Madelyn Murray and family was killed by the employee nutcase in 1995.  You should read about it...  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madalyn_Murray_O%27Hair

pr126

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on October 04, 2017, 10:26:02 AM
I was an atheist since April 1944. ;=)

How old ARE you, LOL?  You got me beat by by almost 20 years and I realized I was an atheist about age 12 (1962).  Must be enjoying your 80s by now. And I thought I was one the old guys...

I will have to go easier on you. Can't cause a heart attack on one the originals... ;)

pr126

QuoteHow old ARE you, LOL?
74 in April. With 2 cardiac arrests and a quadruple cardiac operation 4 years ago + type 2 diabetes.

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on October 04, 2017, 10:40:57 AM
74 in April. With 2 cardiac arrests and a quadruple cardiac operation 4 years ago + type 2 diabetes.

Ah well, you are claiming atheist from birth.  I count mine from when I understood what it meant.  You have 6 years on me (1950 that way) .  But I'll respect that.  Until I forget, LOL!

pr126

QuoteAh well, you are claiming atheist from birth.

So are you.
Your sig: Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on October 04, 2017, 10:57:13 AM
So are you.
Your sig: Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

"Nailed"  LOL!  But I meant more about when I rationally realized it.  True, I was never a theist, but there were years when the specific concept of "atheism" had not yet firmed in my mind.

But I'll tell you a brief story.  My Mom was a lapsed Catholic who married a vague protestant.  Mom's parents loved Dad but hated his irreligion.  One day when I was about 7, Grampa took me for a walk.  Who doesn't like a walk with a Grampa?

He led me to a church.  I felt cheated.  I didn't like the place at all.  It seemed all crazy.  But I didn't know why until a few years later when I began to be able to think about things more clearly.

You're good, I like that.

St Truth

Quote from: pr126 on October 04, 2017, 10:40:57 AM

Wow, you are even older than my grandpa.  My grandpa has diabetes too. A lot of old people have that. It's something to do with all the sweets you've eaten all your life. My grandpa has to take medication for his diabetes and it's a lifelong thing. Apparently there is no cure for diabetes. You just have to control it.

Cavebear

Diabetes can be caused by excessive sugar intake, but also by low insulin production to process sugar.  That last is hard because the only energy supply to the brain (so I've read) is sugar.