Author Topic: Impeach Trump????  (Read 3153 times)

Offline Unbeliever

• God Not Found
Re: Impeach Trump????
« Reply #210 on: February 11, 2018, 05:47:54 PM »
Yeah, those traitorous Democrats ought to move to France, or something. ;)
God Not Found
“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”
Douglas Adams

Online Baruch

• Troll Keepers
  • Freethinking theist
« Reply #211 on: February 11, 2018, 07:37:28 PM »
Yeah, those traitorous Democrats ought to move to France, or something. ;)

With time machine.  Particularly Madame Defarge.  Feminism didn't start in the US, in the 1960s.  Stick that in your croissant.
שלום

Offline fencerider

« Reply #212 on: February 12, 2018, 02:29:45 AM »
Once Trump finishes his only term in office he can then be prosecuted fully and probably convicted and hopefully sent to serve the rest of his days in a maximum security prison.
or in the psyche ward
not expecting god to show up, but if he does we’re going to have to beat the prick up.

Offline Cavebear

• Atheist born, atheist bred.
« Reply #213 on: February 13, 2018, 02:30:27 AM »
One other thing occurs to me, and I not only don't have a good answer either way on it, I don't even know which way I lean.

If a President is impeached in the House and convicted in the Senate over a criminal matter, would further legal proceedings in the criminal court system constitute double jeopardy under the Fifth Amendment?

The best explanation I have heard says basically that a President is immune to direct criminal indictment.  The correction is to impeach and convict the President removing him from office.  THEN the former President is subject to criminal indictments. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk