News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Impeach Trump????

Started by fencerider, September 30, 2017, 11:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Baruch on October 01, 2020, 07:36:45 AM
How would natural translation of a verbal bar fight be rendered in Turkish?  Complete with insults to one's parentage and threats of dis-emboweling?   I like the videos of legislatures in other countries where they get into fist fights, I want that kind of action here!

It's universal. It starts with 'what are you looking at?' LOL Insult to mother could get you killed.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Unbeliever

Quote from: drunkenshoe on October 01, 2020, 02:42:20 AM
Didn't someone pet him at the back and slightly yell: "Well, that's fucked up sweety!"

By the way, they gave the Trump-Biden debate live here with smiltenous translation. Don't know which channel(s) though, didn't watch.

Eeek! My like number is 2020. Quick, somebody like one of my posts, I'm scared.
I suspect we'll be looking back at 2020 with nostalgia.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on October 01, 2020, 12:24:19 PM
I suspect we'll be looking back at 2020 with nostalgia.

Is that a new designer drug?

""Not A Big Deal"? State Dept Docs Show Amb. Yovanovitch Directly Aware Of Two Burisma Bribe Attempts" ... cost of doing business?

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

I just realized why the evangelical Christians like Trump so much: just like their God, when something good happens, Trump did it ("I brought back football!"), and when something bad happens, "it's the crazy Democrats' fault."

I was reading a book about Hiroshima, at a point in the book where a badly wounded lady asks a priest why his God would let such suffering occur, and he tells her that "man is not now in the condition God intended."

God Not Found

Unbeliever

I don't know why those Trump fans - "sTRUMPets," as I call 'em - aren't falling by the droves, which seems to be what their dear leader wants.
God Not Found

Unbeliever

Voter suppression doesn't just apply to the presidential part of the election, but the down-ballot, as well, like in South Carolina, where Graham is in some doubt.

I think the GOP has gotten tired of the two-party system, so they're trying to force a one-party system on us.
God Not Found

Unbeliever

Is anyone making a T-shirt or hat that just says

TRiUMPh

?

I bet someone could sell millions of 'em!
God Not Found

Unbeliever

One drop box for ballots in Texas for each county!? If Abbot gets away with this, how many other GOP governors will do the same thing?

I never thought I'd live to see the actual downfall of America's government, but a coup is coming, and I don't have faith that our institutions can withstand the coming onslaught of betrayal. I'll be interested to see how the rest of the world reacts to an America gone wild.
God Not Found

Unbeliever

I know that some of our Founding Fathers wanted political parties and others did not want them. I guess having only one party would be much like having no parties. So should we root that the GOP will win it all?
God Not Found

SGOS

Quote from: Unbeliever on October 01, 2020, 11:32:46 PM
I know that some of our Founding Fathers wanted political parties and others did not want them. I guess having only one party would be much like having no parties. So should we root that the GOP will win it all?
I don't necessarily agree with the founding fathers.  Many of them had less than altruistic motives that were put into the constitution, and things that were purposely left out.  We live in a Republic, not a democracy.  We can vote until the cows come home, but the decisions are made by a small elite group owned by the wealthy.  Just be happy when they throw you a bone.

Mike Cl

Quote from: SGOS on October 02, 2020, 05:17:59 AM
I don't necessarily agree with the founding fathers.  Many of them had less than altruistic motives that were put into the constitution, and things that were purposely left out.  We live in a Republic, not a democracy.  We can vote until the cows come home, but the decisions are made by a small elite group owned by the wealthy.  Just be happy when they throw you a bone.
And don't forget that that small elite group are all white males.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cassia

Quote from: Mike Cl on October 02, 2020, 09:19:40 AM
And don't forget that that small elite group are all white males.
The logic for a republic being that urban concerns would overwhelm lightly populated rural areas. It many ways this has always been the backdrop fueling many of the nation's divisions.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on October 01, 2020, 10:54:31 PM
Voter suppression doesn't just apply to the presidential part of the election, but the down-ballot, as well, like in South Carolina, where Graham is in some doubt.

I think the GOP has gotten tired of the two-party system, so they're trying to force a one-party system on us.

I should hope so, better than the one-party Dem system backed by the one-party China system ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on October 01, 2020, 11:12:46 PM
One drop box for ballots in Texas for each county!? If Abbot gets away with this, how many other GOP governors will do the same thing?

I never thought I'd live to see the actual downfall of America's government, but a coup is coming, and I don't have faith that our institutions can withstand the coming onslaught of betrayal. I'll be interested to see how the rest of the world reacts to an America gone wild.

Americans are the ORIGINAL traitors.  We were birthed by Perfidious Albion.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on October 01, 2020, 11:32:46 PM

The system, deliberately or not, reinforces a two party system.  But the R/D brand is 160 years old.  Both parties need to be replaced.  It is up to the X-Gen and Millennials to do this, us Boomers are done.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.