News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Impeach Trump????

Started by fencerider, September 30, 2017, 11:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassia

Quote from: drunkenshoe on July 17, 2020, 12:44:26 AM
Congratulations, now America has better dishwashers, dryers, showerheads and faucets...etc. This is by far the most alarming one if you ask me. 

https://twitter.com/projectlincoln/status/1283938709348519938?s=21
tRump on LED Light Bulbs, LOL
'The bulb that we're being forced to use â€" No. 1, to me, most importantly, the light's no good. I always look orange. And so do you. The light is the worst."

SGOS

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 16, 2020, 09:54:06 PM
There were plans for a new pipeline to run through NC and through the Blue Ridge Parkway in Virginia.  Just imagine the economic cost of it springing a leak at that parkway.  Thankfully, the project was scrapped.  Too costly.  Imagine that.  A project that would supposedly usher in an economic boon cancelled because its too costly.  Cost/revenue is supposed to be its main selling point!  Definitely a mismatch between expectations and reality.
First of all it's not about cost/revenue.  That's just the way the package is sold (as you know - I'm just restating it). It's the result of lobbying done by corporate America, and much of the cost will be paid for by taxpayers, especially costs of cleanup and maintenance.  Hey, I would like a private subway from my house to the liquor store, but I don't have the lobbying power.  If I did, the government would build it for me.  This is not unusual, but the way government works.

A similar case: The Pacific Northwest public lands were riddled with logging roads.  I've been told enough miles nationally to reach the moon and back, and roads don't come cheap, but logging companies wanted the timber, and I guess because these are "public lands," the government decided that they would "cost share" the road building with industry.  In real terms, this means "increase the profit of industry at public expense, while exploiting public resources."  When a valley was almost denuded the road would be closed to mitigate environmental damages.  Someone crunched the numbers one time and pointed out that as a reason to create jobs, it would be cheaper to just pay loggers and mill workers to stay home for what it cost to build the roads to create the jobs.

The cost/revenue issue eventually became a big controversy, and I was told by a Senator from Idaho, Larry Craig, at a public hearing in Missoula in 1991 that now the roads could be used in perpetuity for second cuttings.  It was a good argument politically, but seriously flawed logically and mathematically.  When the Forest Service could no longer sustain that level of harvest, the mills began to close and people were put out of work, and it was suddenly revealed that roads would be put to sleep, many even bulldozed out of existence, because the cost of maintaining them was far too great.  So Larry Craig's argument, which was a common industry meme at the time, was false.  Maybe it was an oversight, but more likely a well known fact in Congress that maintaining them could never be cost effective.  And you and I pay for this kind of shit all the time.  We are lied to by our leaders all the time.

Mike Cl

Mary Trump nailed it last night.  She said if the orange monster were to win in 2020 that the American Experiment would be over.  I believe her.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

SGOS

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 17, 2020, 09:42:43 AM
Mary Trump nailed it last night.  She said if the orange monster were to win in 2020 that the American Experiment would be over.  I believe her.
I'm thinking about reading that woman's book.  It would be the first insider tell all/or 'partly all' book I've bothered with, but I struggle trying to make sense of Trump, and I'm thinking it may shed some light on why he is so self conflicting, uncompromising, self possessed, fact deprived, and illogical.  I usually expect such books to be disappointing, but I'm tempted.

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 17, 2020, 09:42:43 AM

Every family has one ...

Biden will have a tell all book ... Mein Senility
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Trump campaign funds transferred to Trump business

QuoteThe Post reported in December 2018 that shortly after the election, Saudi-funded lobbyists spent more than $270,000 to rent rooms for about 500 nights at the Trump International Hotel in Washington.

The RNC has spent more than $2 million at Trump Organization hotels and resorts. And Trump's campaign, which is funded in part by donations from the president's supporters and big-dollar donors, has spent more than $14 million at his properties.

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 17, 2020, 11:31:26 PM

I suspect this is Trump chump change. Who knows what kinds of financial schemes Mr. Art of the Deal will have in place before he leaves office.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 17, 2020, 11:31:26 PM

Typically this is tightly controlled ... as in you can't mix personal and campaign funds.  Though I think a lot of pols get away with it.

""Ask Prince Andrew About It": Trump Warned Epstein's Island Was "Absolute Cesspool" In 2015" ... or ask many Dems ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

21 attorneys general sue Trump admin

QuoteAttorneys general in 20 states and the District of Columbia sued the Trump administration on Tuesday, alleging that new federal rules undermine their ability to protect rivers, lakes and streams within their borders.

QuoteThe lawsuit led by California, New York and Washington state claims that the regulation changes violate the federal Clean Water Act and decades of legal decisions and administrative precedent. It was filed in federal court in San Francisco and alleges that the EPA did not follow proper procedures in changing the regulations.

The former head of the EPA, Scott Pruitt, resigned amid scandal (coincidentally, the EPA Inspector General's Office closed two probes on him because he resigned before he could be interviewed and they can't subpoena officials who have resigned and therefore couldn't complete their investigations.  Isn't that interesting?)

The new EPA head was/is a coal lobbyist who apparently can't even figure out if human-caused global warming exists.  Bear that in mind when reading the EPA's statement on this matter.

Btw, North Carolina is among of the states suing.  We have a lot of natural beauty here and tourism dollars always help.  Ruining that so some fat cats can get even fatter doesn't even make economic sense, let alone moral or practical sense.

Baruch

The goal of the Elite controlled EPA?  Same for both parties.  Making a paradise for the wealthy (Bohemian Grove) and keep all the deplorables out (and keep the MJ profits in).  This is already true with as many beaches as possible (and taxpayers get to pay for storm damage).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Rep Matt Gaetz caught funneling taxpayer money to ex-Trump aide ousted because of white nationalist ties

QuoteRep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) has been caught breaking House ethics rules by funneling taxpayer money to a private speech-writing consultant who also happens to be a scandal-plagued former aide to President Donald Trump.

Politico reports that Gaetz’s office improperly sent $28,000 in taxpayer money to a limited liability corporation linked to Darren Beattie, a Trump aide who was ousted in 2018 after it was revealed he spoke at a conference featuring several prominent white nationalists.
His office says it was a "clerical error".

Btw, this guy is also on the record denying human-caused climate change.

Baruch

"Democratic Ex-Congressman Charged With Rigging Votes, Bribery, Falsifying Records And Obstruction" ... suborned 2014, 2015, 2016 ... why not just invalidate all elections since 2010?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

"Steele's "Primary Subsource" Was Alcoholic Russian National Who Worked With Trump Impeachment Witness At Brookings" ... wrong.  All true enlightenment comes from CIA agents on LSD staring at goats
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: SGOS on July 17, 2020, 10:22:37 AM
I'm thinking about reading that woman's book.  It would be the first insider tell all/or 'partly all' book I've bothered with, but I struggle trying to make sense of Trump, and I'm thinking it may shed some light on why he is so self conflicting, uncompromising, self possessed, fact deprived, and illogical.  I usually expect such books to be disappointing, but I'm tempted.

I agree that those kind of books almost never measure up even half the hype they create. While this one made me curious, it might be just about what we all know; an ordinary profile of a narcissist with psychopathic traits. That's boring too.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

SGOS

Quote from: drunkenshoe on July 26, 2020, 03:30:33 PM
I agree that those kind of books almost never measure up even half the hype they create. While this one made me curious, it might be just about what we all know; an ordinary profile of a narcissist with psychopathic traits. That's boring too.
That's where I'm at too.  They can often be insightful, but tend to report a lot of what everyone already knows.