News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Impeach Trump????

Started by fencerider, September 30, 2017, 11:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Baruch on June 04, 2020, 12:37:49 PM
This is why politicians can be slandered, but can't charge the slanderer with slander, if the slanderer is another politician (tongue tied).

Executive orders are widely abused.  They are often blocked by courts.  They are increasingly used by both parties when in the WH.  This happens because Congress is totally dysfunctional.  Over the decades, the Congress has delegated more and more of their job to the Executive (for plausible deniability).  The US needs Sulla or Caesar or Octavian.  The legislature needs to be proscribed (sarc). 

The biggest fail, delegation of Congressional powers, were the Federal Reserve and the war powers.  With the advent of nuclear weapons, from 1945 forward, there is an "implied declaration of war" against all other countries ... because you can't get a vote on it in 30 minutes while the ICBMs are falling.  This was partially pulled back from Nixon forward.  But it really isn't tested in court (or SCOTUS).  If SCOTUS was proactive not reactive (it is reactive by design) ... all military action starting with the Korean War would be illegal.

Usually all US courts are reactive (except for where the District Attorney brings charges).  When you are charged with a law breaking that is criminal, the courts are pro-active, they charge you.  All other court actions are like a civil law suit.  A third party has to bring an objection, and have some court hear it (as was the case repeatedly with Trump's blocking of travel from certain Muslim countries).

Given that the US is designed to be decentralized, and given that government is partisan at all levels, and given that (in my experience with law concerning seniors and their wills) the point of law is to never have a clear decision.  It all depends on the circumstances, and how much coffee the judge had with breakfast that morning ;-)  In short, the US is a functional anarchy, compared to other societies (with Napoleonic Law for instance).

There is real slander.  If you were an American business person, and I claimed that your oyster bar was poisoning people (wrong month) ... and it isn't true.  You can take me to court and destroy me financially, and make me legally apologize.  If I say you are cheating on your husband, and put it on Twitter (today) then you can't do a thing.  If I did that in a newspaper, and the editor was stupid enough to publish it, then you can sue the newspaper, the editor and me.  As I understand it, in GB, the threshold for slander is much lower than in the US.

In GB, after the thalidomide drug monstrosity they changed the laws. Well, so it seems. They probably made it easier to pres charges. But on an individual level, courts in GB wouldn't stand for a lot of frivilous cases as they do in the States.

Of course there is real slander. But if you are aware the example you gave is a health issue, Baruch. It has a solid definition and it is crucial in human life because, you know it is a health issue,lol. If you endanger someone's health due to neglect, let alone their lives, you will face serious sanctions.

Who is the victim in political bias? What is the harm? It's worse than a lame joke.

Sarcasm aside, you realise Trump is a Caesar or an Octavian for his own group and in the worst case scenario a potential Sulla, right? Everyone fantasies about one strong leader or some sort of triviumvirate coming to power and wiping the 'evil' in their heads. That's the fundamental problem. We haven't really moved an inch after first agricultural progress in this sense. The majority of human population is in love with dictators, they just call them with different names. Heroes, saviours...
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Hydra009

Long lines, closed polling places plague Georgia election

QuoteIn metro Atlanta more than 80 polling places were closed and consolidated ahead of Election Day.
Hmmm...who would gain from much lower turnout in Atlanta?

QuoteElection administration in Georgia has come under scrutiny in the past several years with Democrats and civil rights groups accusing Raffensperger and his predecessor, now-Gov. Brian Kemp, of attempting to suppress voters by aggressively cleansing the state's voter rolls and encouraging polling places to consolidate.

If the name Kemp sounds familiar, he's the guy who ran for governor in 2018 while simultaneously overseeing his own election (a clear conflict of interest).  And wouldn't you know it, there were irregularities the day before the election, including 300,000 people being falsely stricken from the voter rolls.  In 2017, Kemp was defendant in a lawsuit alleging that there was a gaping security hole in its election system.  The election server that would have been used as evidence was subsequently and completely accidentally wiped, effectively ending the investigation.

Mike Cl

I think it is generally accepted that the Repubs do best with the lower number of voters.  So, it is easy to see why the orange monster wants, and is fighting for, restricted voter rolls, harder to get to places to vote, long, long lines to vote, and why he wants to do away with the post office.  He is backing and fostering anything and everything that restricts voting. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Unbeliever

The Gop wants an inability to certify the Electoral College vote so they can use the 12th amendment to re-install their Savior.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Hydra009

drunkenshoe

Ye gods... "I'm not a sex slave!" I wish someone with a mask shouted "I am!" Lololol Look at the facial expression of the man at the right. LOL

Someday, technology will allow people to have tours in minds of the likes of her. That would make a good Rick and Morty episode too.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

SGOS

I like the ending comment from the chairman, "Thank you for your comments."  How do you keep a straight face and say that?

GSOgymrat

I appreciate she brought props but singing God Bless America was a bit much. This isn't an American Idol audition, Debra.

Baruch

"Read Here: John Bolton's Full White House Exposé Leaked Online" ... Dem judge gave permission for violation of NDA, violation of classification, violation of personal trust to the PotUS.  But by leaking the text, millions can read this tripe (similar to the expose the snake did on George W) for free, and not pay for his book.

"Bolton: Trump Gave Bibi Green Light For Preemptive Israeli Strike On Iran Nuclear Sites" ... Backward.  Trump didn't bring out the SS troops to kill all Blacks, because his Sith master, Bibi, didn't give him the "Green Light".  Also Israel didn't need permission to take out Iraq reactor or Syrian reactor.

"Bolton's Win Could Cost Him More Than Just Profits" ... he could be subject to law suites.  There isn't just criminal law involved.  Hopefully he can get employment as one of Biden's new advisors?

"Biden Taps Former CIA, Obama Officials To Handle 'Pre-Transition'" ... somebody needs to put a hand up his back to do the necessary ventriloquism.

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

This is what Steve Schmidt, former Repub. chairman, has to say about Trump:
"Donald Trump has been the worst president this country has ever had. And I don't say that hyperbolically. He is. But he is a consequential president. And he has brought this country in three short years to a place of weakness that is simply unimaginable if you were pondering where we are today from the day where Barack Obama left office. And there were a lot of us on that day who were deeply skeptical and very worried about what a Trump presidency would be. But this is a moment of unparalleled national humiliation, of weakness.
"When you listen to the President, these are the musings of an imbecile. An idiot. And I don't use those words to name call. I use them because they are the precise words of the English language to describe his behavior. His comportment. His actions. We've never seen a level of incompetence, a level of ineptitude so staggering on a daily basis by anybody in the history of the country whose ever been charged with substantial responsibilities.
"It's just astonishing that this man is president of the United States. The man, the con man, from New York City. Many bankruptcies, failed businesses, a reality show, that branded him as something that he never was. A successful businessman. Well, he's the President of the United States now, and the man who said he would make the country great again. And he's brought death, suffering, and economic collapse on truly an epic scale. And let's be clear. This isn't happening in every country around the world. This place. Our place. Our home. Our country. The United States. We are the epicenter. We are the place where you're the most likely to die from this disease. We're the ones with the most shattered economy. And we are because of the fool that sits in the Oval Office behind the Resolute Desk."

And I think he is being kind to the orange monster.  What would happen in a just and sane nation (which we are not even close to being) is that the orange monster would be hanged for treason!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Modern America - whatever President we have now, is he worst President we have ever had.  They said it about Obama, about George W, about Clinton.

The real problem is, secular/atheist messianism.  The President doesn't matter, he has no control.  The Elite control.  So what if we still had gladiatorial games ... and everyone was arguing about how the Emperor influenced the results (thumbs down) ... instead about, why are we watching people kill each other?  Of course the real reason for the gladiatorial games was to control the urban population with distraction, and making mark on betting ... there was sports betting on every thrust of a gladius.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 23, 2020, 06:13:33 PM
And I think he is being kind to the orange monster.  What would happen in a just and sane nation (which we are not even close to being) is that the orange monster would be hanged for treason!
In a just and sane nation, he would have been laughed off the stairway he came down to announce his candidacy and never got near the chance to commit treason.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

Quote from: trdsf on June 24, 2020, 12:01:04 AM
In a just and sane nation, he would have been laughed off the stairway he came down to announce his candidacy and never got near the chance to commit treason.

In a sane nation, a psychopath wouldn't be a candidate (Hillary) or a senile old crook (Biden).  But that is idealism for you.  You get disappointed every damn day of your life if you are an idealist.  If you are cynical, then nothing surprises you ;-)

There is no justice.  Other than Camus (the only real philosophical question is ... suicide?).

George Washington - traitor
John Adams - traitor
Thomas Jefferson - traitor
Abraham Lincoln - traitor
Woodrow Wilson - traitor
FDR - traitor
Truman - traitor
JFK - traitor
LBJ - traitor
Nixon - traitor
Bush Sr - traitor
Clinton - traitor
Bush Jr - traitor
Obama - traitor

I am starting to see a pattern forming ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.