Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Impeach Trump????

Started by fencerider, September 30, 2017, 11:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Unbeliever on October 12, 2019, 02:49:28 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvLKS0Rv89s

I wonder why trump loves the poorly educated so much?

This reminds me that something happened 5 years ago, one of the ministers from the gov party over here said 'educated people don't trust us'. LOL... Curious...veeeeery curious.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Gawdzilla Sama

"Anyone who wants to assist Syria in protecting the Kurds is good with me, whether it is Russia, China, or Napoleon Bonaparte. I hope they all do great, we are 7,000 miles away!"
-- Trump
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

Why do all these Trump minions (and Trump himself) believe they can get away with breaking the law so blatantly? Do they have something up their sleeves, an ace in the hole? Several aces? Are they so rich and powerful that they know they'll never spend a day in jail? What!?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Gawdzilla Sama

The Trumptards who want to fight the impeachment process should remember that that is laid out in the Constitution, so they are fighting the mechanism that got President-Technically Trump into the White House.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Mike Cl

Quote from: Unbeliever on October 16, 2019, 01:46:55 PM
Why do all these Trump minions (and Trump himself) believe they can get away with breaking the law so blatantly? Do they have something up their sleeves, an ace in the hole? Several aces? Are they so rich and powerful that they know they'll never spend a day in jail? What!?
Why?  When, in his entire life, has he not gotten away with breaking laws blatantly?  That's what he does--lies and breaks laws--and has always done and gotten away with.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Unbeliever

Yeah, but what makes all those minions believe they can get away with it? Did Trump tell them so, and they actually believed him?
God Not Found

Mike Cl

Quote from: Unbeliever on October 16, 2019, 03:39:50 PM
Yeah, but what makes all those minions believe they can get away with it? Did Trump tell them so, and they actually believed him?
He is a huge puzzle.  He demands loyalty from his minions, yet he gives them none.  Why do people keep wanting to be one of his minions???He is famous for not paying his subcontractors--why do people and small companies keep taking on that work for him??? 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Unbeliever

A puzzle, wrapped in an enigma, surrounded by mystery! We'll just have to wait and see...
God Not Found

Shiranu

An incredibly eratic day, even by Trump's standards, with his joint interview with the Italian pres, Sergio Mattarella.

1. Slurred his words multiple times, talked slowly and seemed to really struggle to read his notes multiple times.
2. Called him, "President mozzarella" multiple times.
3. And saving best for last, claimed that the United States and Italy have been extremely close allies since, "Ancient Rome".
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Blackleaf

Quote from: Shiranu on October 16, 2019, 05:09:14 PM
An incredibly eratic day, even by Trump's standards, with his joint interview with the Italian pres, Sergio Mattarella.

1. Slurred his words multiple times, talked slowly and seemed to really struggle to read his notes multiple times.
2. Called him, "President mozzarella" multiple times.
3. And saving best for last, claimed that the United States and Italy have been extremely close allies since, "Ancient Rome".

To be fair, he said that the United States and Italy have a shared heritage, dating back to ancient Rome. What he meant was that culture that we both share originated in Rome. I'm not sure how accurate that is, but it's certainly not as stupid as saying that America and Italy have been allies since Ancient Rome was around. That President Mozzarella thing was pretty hilarious, though. lol
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Unbeliever

God Not Found

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on October 16, 2019, 01:55:24 PM
The Trumptards who want to fight the impeachment process should remember that that is laid out in the Constitution, so they are fighting the mechanism that got President-Technically Trump into the White House.

Care to elaborate?
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Shiranu on October 16, 2019, 05:09:14 PM

That's interesting. I don't know why he said 'since Ancient Rome' or if he knows the difference between Italian City States and Ancient Rome, but over all, It reminds me Hans Baron's thesis of Early Italian Renaissance. Have you ever heard of it? It's sometimes called the crisis of 1402 by historians?

This thesis is belonged to the first half of the 20th century. In a nutshell, it basicly claims that the reason Italian Renaissance was triggered in Florence -which is very important for the globe in general- because of the open Milanese threat. Because Milanese were powerful enough to annihilate and rule over Florence then all other city states. And after the Milanese tyrant dies just like that, there comes a big, sudden -50 smt years?- political/cultural transformation and so the movement civic humanism was born as a reaction. So the main reason for Renaissance which transformed the Western Civilisation, created modernity was a deadly military threat, not anything based on the legends of the artistic, humanistic, romantic birth of the Renaissance needlessly to say.

So Baron's thesis, something based on a solid, massive real life threat makes sense, but of course it is not that simple as nothing is.

Now, this movement sometimes expressed as the spirit guidence of the American War of Independence in expansion, but then that is an idea as romantic as the Renaissance 'spirit' popping up for progress and art and love of humanism by itself, lol. After all, US has been more powerful over the world since the WWII than Milan City State was over Italian peninsula in the early 15th century.

Just reminded me this.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Unbeliever on October 16, 2019, 07:50:50 PM
Trump is on his way to an easy win in 2020, according to Moody’s accurate election model

I sure hope this is wrong.

He will win. I think, tons of people who voted for him in the first term but then criticised him afterwards, will again vote for him just because of the impeachment. Also, money talks right? 

SGOS

Before the inquiry started, the people I heard talking about impeachment on NPR called it a risky move by Democrats.  I didn't expect it to happen.  Maybe it's a hail Mary play done in desperation.  I haven't been keeping up with the polls either.  Although I once put a lot of faith in polling data, I'm more cautious after 2016, because the pollsters seemed to be polling common "wisdom" rather than data.

Did Columbus discover America before or after Ancient Rome?  (Rhetorical sarcasm)