News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Impeach Trump????

Started by fencerider, September 30, 2017, 11:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trdsf

Quote from: Unbeliever on October 11, 2019, 02:01:00 PM
He just means it would be nice if Trump, like God, had no effect on the real world.
Unlike, unfortunately, his cadre of high priests and horde of cultists, who have a most unpleasant real-world impact.

At least for various gods all through time and around the world, there are towering works of art done in their name.  The only positive potential legacy of Trump is -- if it comes off -- the reawakening of the NASA lunar program and beyond.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Munch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9No7jLG_9gA

simply, if you don't want trump re-elected, maybe you should speak out against these people, like the one spitting on an old man, one who ended up coming off as having a charming demeanor.

When people like this call themselves as the anti trump groups, it just gives him more weight when it goes viral.

thats a continued growing problem you guys have over there, when people on your side come off as bad as, if not worse then your opponents.

probably doesn't help either when the guy in the maga hat is the one whos acting charming and respectful.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

trdsf

Yes, yes, yes, there are assholes on both sides.  Yes, the spitter was wrong.  At least on our side, we don't drive cars into crowds and kill people.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Hydra009

Quote from: Munch on October 11, 2019, 07:54:09 PMsimply, if you don't want trump re-elected, maybe you should speak out against these people, like the one spitting on an old man, one who ended up coming off as having a charming demeanor.
So are you saying that if you don't speak out about something bad, you could be viewed as tacitly supporting it?  Asking for a friend in a concentration camp.  And on the wrong side of a tiki torch party.  And something something Saudi Arabia.

ferdmonger

Peaches is the most proficient bigly good and perfect peach worthy of impeachment.

I hear he will be headed to Northern Syria soon to deliver a rally speech to the Kurds.

Munch

Quote from: trdsf on October 11, 2019, 08:15:04 PM
Yes, yes, yes, there are assholes on both sides.  Yes, the spitter was wrong.  At least on our side, we don't drive cars into crowds and kill people.

least when far right lunatics attack they tend to target those opposed to their beliefs, antifa doesn't care who they attack, even their own, or none whites.

https://quillette.com/2019/06/30/antifas-brutal-assault-on-andy-ngo-is-a-wake-up-call-for-authorities-and-journalists-alike/

But I'm not going into a pointless back and forth here. Simply put you should honestly put a lens on the shit happening in your country and why, from a public pov, it would allow someone like trump to continue in office. face some hard truths.

Munch

Quote from: Hydra009 on October 11, 2019, 08:21:10 PM
So are you saying that if you don't speak out about something bad, you could be viewed as tacitly supporting it?  Asking for a friend in a concentration camp.  And on the wrong side of a tiki torch party.  And something something Saudi Arabia.

you speak out about bad behavior all the time. its just one sided.
When my nephews are fighting, I always look at who started the fight and punish them accordingly, and yeah, they have both instigated fights between them, so you don't just look at things with a bias pov, in small stuff like that, or politics.

Its easy to talk about all the stuff over the fence you hate, but a lot harder to look at the shit in your own back yard and making it better.

trdsf

Quote from: Munch on October 11, 2019, 08:32:02 PM
But I'm not going into a pointless back and forth here. Simply put you should honestly put a lens on the shit happening in your country and why, from a public pov, it would allow someone like trump to continue in office. face some hard truths.
The hard truths are, there is a large section of our country that has been conned into reliably voting against their own best interests mainly in the name of religion, that there is virtually no election oversight, and that there is far too much money pushing the interests of a very small number of people poisoning the system.  Thank you, I have an extremely clear view from here.

trdsf

Quote from: Munch on October 11, 2019, 08:32:02 PM
least when far right lunatics attack they tend to target those opposed to their beliefs, antifa doesn't care who they attack, even their own, or none whites.
Also, you don't get to equate general anti-Trumpism with your boogeyman Antifa, not unless you want to have Brexiteers equated with the National Front.  That's bullshit and you know it.

Unfortunately for the flipside, the links between Trump followers and militias, hate groups, and white supremacists are both numerous and well-documented.

Hydra009

Quote from: Munch on October 11, 2019, 08:36:29 PM
you speak out about bad behavior all the time. its just one sided.
Projection, much?  That actually seems to be your standard operating procedure.  I criticize lefties too (they're not really in charge right now, fyi), I just don't obsess over milkshakes and brie larson's twitter and random small things in a naked attempt to divert attention away from huge policy disasters.  How's that working out for you, by the way?

Gawdzilla Sama

"From the day I announced I was running for President, I have never had a good Fox News poll. Whoever their Pollster is, they suck. But Fox News is also much different than it used to be in the good old days... Fox News doesn't deliver for us anymore. It is so different than it used to be. Oh well, I'm President!"
-- Trump
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

Trump wants his very own propaganda network, like One America News Network, or Breitbart, maybe. We'll have to wait and see how that works out for him.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvLKS0Rv89s

I wonder why trump loves the poorly educated so much?
God Not Found

Unbeliever

QuoteThe New Yorker’s Jane Mayer tells Chris Hayes about the right-wing ecosystem that creates scandals â€" and might well inadvertently bring down a president.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeohsDei2jM
God Not Found

Unbeliever

So, we can abandon the Kurds, but protect the Saudis? Sounds about right, I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSIoIJrmSQk
God Not Found